collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Meat Cutters In Washington & Other States  (Read 135119 times)

Offline Yankee

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: Meat Cutters In Washington & Other States
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2013, 03:57:36 PM »
I was warned about the owner/manager of Nile being a d*ck.  When I got my cow and drove it over late season last year, I wasn't disappointed.  When I asked how much it cost to process an elk, he looked at me like I was an idiot, pointed to the sign and said "same thing it's always cost".  How the hell am I supposed to know that, since it was my first time in?  I asked what the turn around time was, and he said six weeks!  I walked out, don't think I'll be going back.  I took it to Double D's in Mountlake Terrace.  They were okay. 

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
I guess this might be a stupid question but why don't u cut and wrap your own game you save hundereds and no wait. I can understand sausage and jerky but hamberger and steaks it makes no sense to pay someone when you can cut and wrap a deer in about an hour and do it for about twenty dollars.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
I guess this might be a stupid question but why don't u cut and wrap your own game you save hundereds and no wait. I can understand sausage and jerky but hamberger and steaks it makes no sense to pay someone when you can cut and wrap a deer in about an hour and do it for about twenty dollars.

Some people either don't have the time or have never done it before so it's easier to take it to a cutter. I've cut a lot of my own meat, but have taken even more to cutters since I often don't have much time. :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Sunbkpk

• Forum Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »
I have had great luck with Golden Steer in Bellevue. Will be back.

Offline bradslam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Re: Meat Cutters In Washington
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
The only other one in kitsap besides farmer george, as far as I know. He is right off of 303, but mapquest and gps gets it wrong ususally, but a little bit.  Call him for directions.

Sweeney's Country Style Meats
9690 Washington 303, Bremerton, WA
(360) 692-8802

I have used Sweeney's a few times over the years and have not been overly impressed.  This past year I had an issue with some pepperoni they made from some elk scrap I brought in.  It tasted horrible to the point where no one in our family will eat it.  The fat they added tasted rancid.  In fact, we cut some sticks apart and seperated the meat from the fat to make sure that is what the problem was.  I complained about it and brought a pack of the pepperoni back in for them to try (the owners were not there at the time, so I left it there).  They called some time later and said that it tasted fine.  No interest in making the situation right.  To me its worth the one hour drive to Sunrise Meats in Port Angeles.  They do a better job.

Offline Old Man Yager

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
Re: Meat Cutters In Washington
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
I do my own processing but I buy spices and casings from Olson's meats and smokehouse in Enumclaw, Wa.  They are great. All kinds of awards for their products.
Ducks? I didn't see any ducks in the pic :chuckle:
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »
This is who I use when I need a butcher in the Spokane area. I have always been really happy with the product they put out and they also promise that your hamburger is yours and not mixed with others.
Egger's meats
5609 S Perry St, Spokane, WA 99223
Phone:(509) 448-5474

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »
In the Casper, Wyoming area I will definitely recommend Dan's Meats in Evansville and Country Style Meats in Glenrock.  I do most of my own, but when I didn't have time Dan's was my go-to, they did my moose and an elk, and I've used them to make sausage too.  Several friends have used Country Style Meats since forever, and are very pleased. 

Dan's Meat Processing, 160 Curtis St  Evansville, WY 82636 (307) 235-3157
Country Style Meats, 106 N 4th, Glenrock, WY 82637  (307) 436-5439

As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
I go to Columbia Valley meats, best in Whatcom county from everything I have tried. Good price if you de-bone it before you bring it in, great turn around, knows how to use a smoker and you get back all your own meat-

(360) 988-8592

9118 Frost Rd, Sumas, WA 98295

Beware of Crabtree, I have heard good things but personally had a horrible experience a few years back. Brought 2 deer in, made 2 trips back for meat and all I got was some steaks even though I had already paid for 30lbs mix of summer sausage/jerky, he said it would be done shortly. Called, left voice mails, made another trip out there and nothing. Kept saying it would be done shortly. Long story short I never received the meat I brought in and had pre paid for. One of the worst "businesses" I have ever dealt with in my life.
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline jeffro

• Longhunter
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »
I do most of my own butchering. But for my grinding/ sausage needs, I have been using these guys:

Double DD Meats - Phone: 425-778-7363
5602 232nd SW - Mountlake Terrace WA 98043

Awesome service and product. I've seen people bring in whole, skin on deer and they took care of it all.
Plus it's just a cool shop, never seen so many hot sauces in one place.
 http://www.doubleddmeats.com/
One shot. One kill!

Offline lockjaw

• Pilgrim
  • Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listens, and waits...
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »
When I lived in Idaho I would take my deer and elk to Tackett's Wild Game Processing. They are very clean and have a viewing window into the butcher area so that you can watch them process your meat. They also have a 100% guarantee that you only get back your own meat.

http://www.tackettsprocessing.com/index.html

Offline Gobble Gobble

• Proud Daddy & Disabled Veteran
  • Sourdough
  • B.O.H.I.C.A.
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
I've taken 3 deer here and they are great. I even called them at home to drop off this years deer.

Eastern Oregon Mobile Slaughter (EOMS)
253 West Hermiston Avenue
Hermiston, OR 97838
541-567-2011

$1 a pound for cuts and ground,  $75 minimum charge. Specialty items are more.
God Bless,
Scott

Offline brewdog

• Pilgrim
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »
We cut up a lot of our own, but when we don't, we take them to Walt's Game Cutting in Yakima.  They do a great job and really take their time cutting up our animals.  Their pepper sticks are second to none.  I don't recommend their summer sausage though, not the best I've had.  However, their bfast sausage is great.  Very affordable prices as well.

Walt's Game Cutting
509-452-9473
1912 Landon Ave
Union Gap, WA  98903
Follower of Christ
Dad to 3 amazing daughters
Hunter education instructor
Mt. Baker Chapter RMEF committee member
NRA life member

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
I haven't seen them mentioned here so I'll give a shout-out to Fischer Meats in Issaquah, on Front st. I have taken elk there the last 2 years for ground, pep and jerky and have been very pleased. Good clean shop and nice guys. The product I have gotten back has been delicious. I'll be back for sure!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline WAcoueshunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
I've used Golden Steer in Bellevue several times, and they do fine work.

I've always liked the sausage (particularly summer sausage) by B&E Meats in Des Moines and Burien.  I didn't know until recently that they do full processing, but I took my deer there this year and just got it back today.  All looks good.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal