collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: People on Cams  (Read 940777 times)

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: People on Cams
« Reply #1065 on: August 19, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
I saw a can the other day about 50yds off the road.  Could see it clear as day from the road.  My first thought was that things a gonner.  Somebody will steal it for sure.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #1066 on: August 19, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »
I saw a can the other day about 50yds off the road.  Could see it clear as day from the road.  My first thought was that things a gonner.  Somebody will steal it for sure.

And then folks get mad when they grow leg's!!!

Perhaps the only other thing would be a sign!!  Take me Please!!!

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1067 on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:44 PM »
Potentially could be making this thread once someone checks their camera. Setting it 50 yards from someone else's ( mine) set up that has been obviously maintained and monitored for a year is a dick move. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a decent person but I am and your camera is still there and not messed with. Public lands right, anyone can be anywhere, still a fat weiner though.

Why can't somebody set a camera near yours?  It's not a camp, stereo, blind or tree stand.

Clearly, anyone can do anything they want.  Still doesn't mean it isn't frustrating.

But it's not going to scare off animals, are you worried about increasing the chance of theft?  I just don't see what the concern is.

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #1068 on: August 19, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »
Potentially could be making this thread once someone checks their camera. Setting it 50 yards from someone else's ( mine) set up that has been obviously maintained and monitored for a year is a dick move. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a decent person but I am and your camera is still there and not messed with. Public lands right, anyone can be anywhere, still a fat weiner though.

Why can't somebody set a camera near yours?  It's not a camp, stereo, blind or tree stand.

Clearly, anyone can do anything they want.  Still doesn't mean it isn't frustrating.

But it's not going to scare off animals, are you worried about increasing the chance of theft?  I just don't see what the concern is.

I think the concern is that this guy knows he is obviously going to hunt this spot and now this guy is setting up here.  It's more of a courtesy issue.  I have personally been to his spot and this guy is right on top of him.  If it were me, I would give the courtesy of moving to a new location. 

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1069 on: August 19, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »
I have seen a few in the Nile this year right off the road.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1070 on: August 19, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »

I think the concern is that this guy knows he is obviously going to hunt this spot and now this guy is setting up here.  It's more of a courtesy issue.  I have personally been to his spot and this guy is right on top of him.  If it were me, I would give the courtesy of moving to a new location. 

That's making some assumptions, maybe one is a retired guy and the other is a weekender.  You never know.

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #1071 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:34 PM »
You must be the guy putting his can up by xj's.

Offline huntingbaldguy

• Longhunter
« Reply #1072 on: August 20, 2015, 01:07:46 AM »
I hang my cams so far off the beaten path i like to think they'll never get stolen.  If they are a spot i think people might go, i try to hide them from almost every normal viewing spot.  You'd basically have to be in the picture range to see it.  The only people i've ever gotten on cam was on a piece of private land that i've known the owners of for 2 decades.  Their grand kids went and chucked all my apples across the creek but never saw the camera. 

Offline westsidehntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1073 on: August 20, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »

That's making some assumptions, maybe one is a retired guy and the other is a weekender.  You never know.

Wow you would argue with a block wall about what color it is or should be, wouldn't you?

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #1074 on: August 20, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #1075 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:44 AM »
Take it elsewhere.....this was not ever meant to be a debate thread.

Please and thank you.

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #1076 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »
Still waiting on me, my middle finger, another forum member and his father's rather large white bare ass to show up.

What were you doing out there?  On second thought, never mind.

All different pictures, I swear!  Not all there at once.  :chuckle:

What a horrible description I wrote.

LMFAO!!

Offline Jrzbullelk

• Hunter
  • What you do in life echos in eternity - Gladiator
« Reply #1077 on: August 24, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
I ran into one two weeks ago and I'm waiting to see if they are on this site and post my pic lol  :tup:
TO DARE IS TO DO!

DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY!

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1078 on: August 24, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
check out the timestamp on these  :o

From Pend Oreille county

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1079 on: August 24, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
I betcha they had snacks in that there bag.....good stuff.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]