collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: People on Cams  (Read 940660 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: People on Cams
« Reply #1125 on: November 11, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
I find cams quite often. I'm surprised I haven't shown up in this thread yet. I have been lucky enough to not have a cam stolen. I did have an ad card stolen and my python cable cut and the cam tossed aside.  What really ticked me off was it being another hunter. Figured he didn't like me sticking my cam in his spot. So I re mounted it but 10ft higher :tup: just have to pack my climbing sticks to check that cam now.

I have some very unfortunate pictures of you on my cams, out of kindness I've withheld them from the internet.

You're very welcome

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #1126 on: November 12, 2015, 02:51:03 AM »
I find cams quite often. I'm surprised I haven't shown up in this thread yet. I have been lucky enough to not have a cam stolen. I did have an ad card stolen and my python cable cut and the cam tossed aside.  What really ticked me off was it being another hunter. Figured he didn't like me sticking my cam in his spot. So I re mounted it but 10ft higher :tup: just have to pack my climbing sticks to check that cam now.

I have some very unfortunate pictures of you on my cams, out of kindness I've withheld them from the internet.

You're very welcome
:chuckle:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Band

• Frontiersman
« Reply #1127 on: November 12, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »
So I re mounted it but 10ft higher :tup: just have to pack my climbing sticks to check that cam now.
I'm thinking of mounting my camera higher to avoid theft.  What exactly are these "climbing sticks" you use?  I've been wondering if there is some kind of an inexpensive, easy-to-transport item to climb up a few feet on the tree.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #1128 on: November 12, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »
Climbing sticks are likely those associated with hang-on tree stands.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #1129 on: November 12, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
So I re mounted it but 10ft higher :tup: just have to pack my climbing sticks to check that cam now.
I'm thinking of mounting my camera higher to avoid theft.  What exactly are these "climbing sticks" you use?  I've been wondering if there is some kind of an inexpensive, easy-to-transport item to climb up a few feet on the tree.
they are for tree stands. I have 3 climbing sticks. Each one is about 3' long with 3 steps on them. You strap one to the tree. Climb up, strap on another, climb, ect.  Easy to pack, light weight. Love them!
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1130 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »
they are for tree stands. I have 3 climbing sticks. Each one is about 3' long with 3 steps on them. You strap one to the tree. Climb up, strap on another, climb, ect.  Easy to pack, light weight. Love them!

Screw in steps are way easier to pack around. 

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #1131 on: November 12, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »
 :yeah:

just don't spare your dollars when buying them.  Climbing down in the dark when they are 4' apart is not fun :chuckle:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1132 on: November 12, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »
:yeah:

just don't spare your dollars when buying them.  Climbing down in the dark when they are 4' apart is not fun :chuckle:

I just use them for hanging cams.  Not something i do in the dark

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #1133 on: November 12, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Screw in steps take way longer to set up.  Plus you don't want any one able to get to your cam so you have to re- install each cam check.  I'll take my climbing sticks over screw ins any day in this situation.  If hanging a stand I use both, climbing sticks to get up 10' then screw ins up to my stand. I like my stands high!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1134 on: November 15, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »
Checked a camera today, got an elk hunter, first time ever catching a hunter on trail cam. Nice guy- didn't mess with my unlocked camera.

Offline Hunting7mm

• Scout
« Reply #1135 on: November 15, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
My family has a small piece of property at the end of a gated road with leases right up to the edge of one side of our property, the river on the other, a small piece of national forest landlocked by us and the other private property owner and more private property on the other side.  I have posted signs surrounding our property.  So far I've had my sd card stolen from one camera a couple others turned off and cards erased.  I've got 6 different people on camera and had a bull shot on our property by a trespasser.  The lease holders have had similar issues with trespassing as well.  :bash: :bash:
Love God and try to be good!!! Phil Robertson

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1136 on: November 15, 2015, 08:40:23 PM »
That reminds me, I say this guy was nice for not stealing my camera, but he was in fact trespassing. I have permission to be on the property but I'm pretty sure he does not.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1137 on: November 15, 2015, 08:49:06 PM »
By the way, does anyone know what kind of rifle that is?

Offline TheSkyBuster

• Aim High
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1138 on: November 15, 2015, 09:06:07 PM »
By the way, does anyone know what kind of rifle that is?

Hard to tell, Sporterized SKS maybe  :dunno:

Offline pilebuck

• Scout
  • feel luckey?
« Reply #1139 on: November 15, 2015, 09:15:28 PM »
piece of property at the end of a gated road with leases right up to the edge of one side of our property, the river on the other, a small piece of national forest landlocked by us and the other private property owner and more private property on the other side.  I have posted signs surrounding our property..... sucks about your cams I hate a thief but how can you not allow access to NF ???

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]