collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: People on Cams  (Read 940697 times)

Offline xd2005

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: People on Cams
« Reply #1455 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:50 AM »
Per the regs - It is unlawful for any person to carry or have in his possession any firearm while in the field archery hunting, during an archery season specified for that area, except for modern handguns carried for personal protection Modern handguns cannot be used to hunt big game or dispatch wounded big game during an archery, big game hunting season

If only the one guy has a bow tag, can the partner not bring a firearm to hunt small game or bear and cougar?

Offline fly-by

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #1456 on: October 10, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »
I can't see the buttstock in the pic.  If it's an AR pistol, wouldn't that qualify as a modern handgun?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #1457 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »
Per the regs - It is unlawful for any person to carry or have in his possession any firearm while in the field archery hunting, during an archery season specified for that area, except for modern handguns carried for personal protection Modern handguns cannot be used to hunt big game or dispatch wounded big game during an archery, big game hunting season

If only the one guy has a bow tag, can the partner not bring a firearm to hunt small game or bear and cougar?
it is legal. Got checked durning muzzy elk season. Had a friend join use a few days and he packed my ar since we had been hearing cougar talk every day.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »
wow,why are people bringing ideas to the table to enact new laws that would not make any difference?NOTHING brought up by these pics is illegal at all,nore is it wrong in any way.If a warden wants to make a case on this then let them role the dice,There is nothing to implicate wrong doing whats so ever.
1)legal to hunt more than 1 game animal at one time.
2)legal to carry rifle any time (C-CONSTITUTION)
3)No law broken until a law has been broken.
etc
etc
etc
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #1459 on: October 10, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
wow,why are people bringing ideas to the table to enact new laws that would not make any difference?NOTHING brought up by these pics is illegal at all,nore is it wrong in any way.If a warden wants to make a case on this then let them role the dice,There is nothing to implicate wrong doing whats so ever.
1)legal to hunt more than 1 game animal at one time.
2)legal to carry rifle any time (C-CONSTITUTION)
3)No law broken until a law has been broken.
etc
etc
etc

No it's not. You can't carry one during archery elk and deer season while you're archery hunting. It's something you agree to when you buy a license. You can't carry one into a courthouse or federal building. There are many instances where you can't carry a rifle.

No one's trying to pass new laws. The pictures pose some interesting questions. He's just asking questions. It's what you do in a forum.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline SuperMag

• Hunter
« Reply #1460 on: October 10, 2016, 04:06:45 PM »
What if one of them is elk hunting and the other one is looking for coyotes or a cougar?

Offline Sakko300wsm

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #1461 on: October 10, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
What if one of them is elk hunting and the other one is looking for coyotes or a cougar?

Totally legal
VELOCITY MARINE- ALUMINUM BOATS
I hunt fur and fins!!
23' X 9' custom jet in the works
Haxby 550hp 496"
Hammi 241
Stick steer

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #1462 on: October 14, 2016, 07:42:13 AM »
Not archery hunting if you are not carrying archery equipment.  SMH.  Really what you are saying is it is illegal to bear hunt during an open archery season.  Not true.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1463 on: October 14, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »

Not archery hunting if you are not carrying archery equipment.  SMH.  Really what you are saying is it is illegal to bear hunt during an open archery season.  Not true.
:yeah:
Even with a archery tag for deer you can still hunt for bears with a gun

Offline luckyman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #1464 on: October 14, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
The way I understand it you can hunt bear and cougar with bow or gun, but if actively hunting deer or elk during archery season you have to use archery for bear and cougar as well. No guns allowed while hunting archery deer or elk except for personal protection.

They have 2 guns, could be personal protection  one bow and are trespassing.
I'm not sure.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #1465 on: October 14, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
The way I understand it you can hunt bear and cougar with bow or gun, but if actively hunting deer or elk during archery season you have to use archery for bear and cougar as well. No guns allowed while hunting archery deer or elk except for personal protection.

Specifically a handgun for personal protection. No rifles, scary black ones or other.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #1466 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »

Not trespassing.

I assumed the one with a bow is archery hunting, and the other is simply along to call and maybe take a bear if the opportunity presents.  I have to remember this forum always assumes someone is guilty until proven innocent.   :sry:

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #1467 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »

Specifically a handgun for personal protection. No rifles, scary black ones or other.
the guy with the rifle is not in possession of a bow. Totally legal
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #1468 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
Yes. I was responding to Lucky's comment about "2 guns...personal protection" in relation to archery regulations.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #1469 on: October 14, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »

Not trespassing.

I assumed the one with a bow is archery hunting, and the other is simply along to call and maybe take a bear if the opportunity presents. I have to remember this forum always assumes someone is guilty until proven innocent.   :sry:

Gross generalization much? I don't see anyone doing that.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]