collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I let a doe walk tonight.  (Read 1603 times)

Offline sled

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
I let a doe walk tonight.
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »
  The first time I have ever passed on an animal tonight.  I had two blacktail does under my stand for two hours tonight.  I cant belive I didnt take one.  I still dont know why.
  I do have a multi season deer tag with lots of hunting left.  I will see what happens.

Offline archerE

• Tracker
Re: I let a doe walk tonight.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »
I did the same thing on saturday. Monster doe at 20 yards. Just starting to pull back the string and a young fawn walks out. Decided to stay put and let them walk. They kept feeding there for another 30min. Didn't even know I was there. You kind of feel good knowing that you could have and didn't.

Offline BENCHLEG

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
all i have to say is peta. PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.  SHAME ON YOU. :dunno: :dunno:

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »
I sure wouldn't be taking a doe in the first week of early archery after spending close to $200 on the multi-season tag. You did the right thing! Take a doe now and you just defeated the whole purpose behind getting the multi-season tag. You need meat, you can get some at Safeway. I'd be taking full advantage of that multi-season tag. I put in for it and didn't draw. I'm hoping for next year.

Offline NWBREW

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
I sure wouldn't be taking a doe in the first week of early archery after spending close to $200 on the multi-season tag. You did the right thing! Take a doe now and you just defeated the whole purpose behind getting the multi-season tag. You need meat, you can get some at Safeway. I'd be taking full advantage of that multi-season tag. I put in for it and didn't draw. I'm hoping for next year.

:yeah: And if you hold out you can get twice the meat.  :tup:
Just one more day

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal