collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Keep em coming!!  (Read 2328 times)

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Keep em coming!!
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
The stories and pictures are keeping me occupied in my down time as I near the end of my tour in Trashganistan.  What I would do to get my butt up into the woods of Northeast Washington chasing elk.  I can tell ya this much, after running and patrolling in this country at 7500+feet, it would be easy to chase the elk up there.  Mountains would seem like rolling hills haha.  I love getting on here every chance I get to see who killed what, seems like a lot of rosies' getting hammered so far.  Keep up the good work fellas, hopefully someone gets "the big one".

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
Re: Keep em coming!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum. I just arrived at Ft. Drum today actually.  So far I love the area. When my brother finishes Ranger school he will be arriving here as well.  Hope you guys get back soon because I think rear d is gonna suck.  But im leaving on tuesday for ten days to hunt elk and deer in WA so its okay.  O also live my life vicariouslu through these guys. I javnt hunted elk for two years because of.training.   stay safe bro.
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline 7mag.

• Blacktail Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • YAR member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
Thank you for your sacrifice, and stay safe you guys.
Semper Fi. USMC

Offline dhorn

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
it is guys like you that give us the freedom down here to be able to hunt and enjoy the great outdoors!!!! thanks for everything you do. be safe!!!!!

Offline Bigfoot_44

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
it is guys like you that give us the freedom down here to be able to hunt and enjoy the great outdoors!!!! thanks for everything you do. be safe!!!!!
:yeah: :)

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
Thanks all, it's an easy job. Being in the Infantry I get paid to shoot a lot of weapon systems haha.  Won't hear me complain too much.  Colock, I'm in 2-30 IN 4th Bde, so the red headed step child from Louisiana haha.  Ranger school huh, sounds like a lot of fun.. Probably going to knock that out sometime in the next year or so if the wife will let me go for 60+ days again lol.  I'm really hoping to land Carson next, I'm able to PCS in April, I want to get someplace where I can hunt mule deer and elk again.

Offline SemperFidelis97

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
Hopefully you folks are staying safe overthere, and giving the bad guys hell.  If you are based out of the Joint Base down here pm me when you get back stateside ill send some venison your way for a welcome home present. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:01:46 AM by SemperFidelis97 »

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 04:25:31 AM »
Ft. Pool LA. Man that sucks.  I was really hoping for Carson as well but you know how that goes.  Yeah my brother hates sleep and loves the feeling of no food in his stomach, sore legs and a sore back. Ranger School is perfect for him.  I think he is going to 1st BDE. well good luck and stay safe.
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
colock, I like Fort Polk, its a small post with a lot of outdoor opportunities a lot of people dont like it but my wife and I dont mind it at all.  Louisiana always has a festival of some sort going on also.  If it had some elk hunting I'd be game to stay there and retire haha.  I want to get in on some Alligator hunting, but with getting home from a deployment and a new baby due in Oct. I dont think it will be in the cards this year haha.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]