collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: tribal hunting  (Read 35934 times)

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
Re: tribal hunting
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
unfortunitely we have bad apples in all walks of life.... So we need to find ways to live together but I am all for equal rights no matter if its indians or what .... we all should have to get a job , buy a license and pay for a car and on and on .....Thats all I want ! :tup:

AMEN!
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Sugwat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »
unfortunitely we have bad apples in all walks of life.... So we need to find ways to live together but I am all for equal rights no matter if its indians or what .... we all should have to get a job , buy a license and pay for a car and on and on .....Thats all I want ! :tup:

And the vast majority of us do.... just like the vast majority of non-natives do.... and many tribes do charge a fee for hunting licenses... it's just not as much as the corn-holing u guys get from the state....

Offline Little Red Wagon

• Tracker
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:02 AM »
 :cryriver:

Offline igotbigbulls

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 08:09:23 AM »
ha. i agree little red wagon. :chuckle:
Always loved warm guts on a cold morning

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
I don't think WDFW did the cougar season thing as a safety issue or they would have included bear hunting since there are a LOT more bear hunters than cougar hunters.  But, I am not sure why they actually did this.  Somewhat off topic though.

I spoke with the cougar guy about this. He told me point blank that the cougar regulations were changed, while the bear regs were not, because archers complained about rifle usage during archery season and cougar hunting is far less popular than bear hunting. So, they changed the cougar regs to piss off a smaller group of individuals than they would have by changing both cougar and bear seasons. It was a popularity move. They're considering removing the weapons restrictions on cougar. We'll see what happens once the 2012-2014 regs are finished.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline wonder

• Hunter
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 02:10:38 PM »
Unfortunately without the corn-holing a whole bunch of us would not be able to hunt.  Our system is filled with a lot of non-value added aspects and a whole lot of rules and regulations that must be adhered to or hunting these great beasts would not be possible.  I've hunted in two other western states and Washington is by far the most restrictive.

sisu

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
Like others say, they dont leave there rig so they dont effect my hunts other than the fact that they kill a $hit ton of elk. I know of three Indians that actually get out and hunt ethically, most *censored* won't track what they shoot at. Its disgusting some of the crap they pull, but not to much we can do about it

I think video cameras and youtube are a good starting point  :dunno:

Careful there Runamuk, we took photos this summer when the "men" crossed into the non-snagging area where we were fishing and got called racists because they were catching THEIR fish. I have no problem snagging if you stay in the snagging zone but once you are out of that then you are a violator not matter if you are green, black, blue, brown, white, transparent etc. 
Yep, my wife part Seneca is a racist toward other Indians...that is a real pile of  :crap:

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
I don't care what race they are or if they have blue skin or purple hair, I don't even care if they are dirty and have ten junked cars in their yard. What I do care about and hate is when people abuse and waste a natural resource!
That shouLd always be the ISSUE not RACE!
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline stewcamp

• Tracker
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
Yakima Tribe likes to shoot the spikes and leave their heads on the fenceposts going into the Colockum. Frickin disguisting humans are the only ones capable of that. Makes me mad they don't appreciate their privlliges.

Offline Little Red Wagon

• Tracker
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
Yakima Tribe likes to shoot the spikes and leave their heads on the fenceposts going into the Colockum. Frickin disguisting humans are the only ones capable of that. Makes me mad they don't appreciate their privlliges.

and your sure its yakama's? so you have proof yakama's drive up there shoot a spikes and leave it on a fence post just to spite you. i head some crazy stories on here but i think this one takes the cake,.  :chuckle:  and you better watch you u are calling disgusting humans. thats uncalled for. And you arent any better then us for saying that.  oh ya and they arnt privlliges there are RIGHTS! so get it right.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 10:09:19 AM »
Stewcamp -  "Yakima Tribe likes to shoot the spikes and leave their heads on the fenceposts going into the Colockum. Frickin disguisting humans are the only ones capable of that. Makes me mad they don't appreciate their privlliges."

Have you actually watched a Yakima tribe member do this with a spike's head? I doubt it. If it was done by a tribal member, do you know that this activity is condoned by all of the Yakima people? No, you don't. Normally, judging entire groups of people according to the actions of individuals is considered racist. That may not be the case here, but it certainly rings so. I know there are white hunters who drive the roads during modern season, drinking beer and shooting from the roads. Do all of us whites do that? No, we don't. Do some anti-hunters label us all by the actions of these few? Yes, they do. Is it right? No, it isn't. It's wrong, flat out wrong.

If you have concerns about the practices and ethics of some Yakima hunters, have you approached the tribal council about your concerns? Maybe if you had, some action would have been taken by them to educate their hunting members about the importance of ethics and decorum. You may even learn that this practice has some ceremonial or traditional significance. I have no idea. But, if you haven't approached them, then you can't know the whole story and the tribal council may be unaware of the bad feelings fostered by this practice among its white neighbors.

Clear, direct, but respectful communication often leads to a resolution of misunderstandings. However, painting entire groups of people with a single brush stroke of condemnation will never, ever help them hear your concerns and objections. It will only serve to close their ears to your voice. So, you must ask yourself, "am I content with my own, simple justifications for these actions of a few, or will I do something to try and resolve the issue?" You have a clear opportunity to affect change in this situation. But, you'd need to change your methods for that to occur. Just my  :twocents:.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
I know there are white hunters who drive the roads during modern season, drinking beer and shooting from the roads. Do all of us whites do that? No, we don't. Do some anti-hunters label us all by the actions of these few? Yes, they do. Is it right? No, it isn't. It's wrong, flat out wrong.
Not just modern.  I see plenty driving the roads during archery.  Cruising the roads slowly and jumping out to shoot what they can.  Supposedly too steep to hike, and the does that jump out of the road stop about 20 yards away usually on the uphill side--typically waiting for the little ones to catch up.  Back of their trucks usually have some cases of beer.

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »

and your sure its yakama's? so you have proof yakama's drive up there shoot a spikes and leave it on a fence post just to spite you. i head some crazy stories on here but i think this one takes the cake,.  :chuckle:  and you better watch you u are calling disgusting humans. thats uncalled for. And you arent any better then us for saying that.  oh ya and they arnt privlliges there are RIGHTS! so get it right.

RIGHTS that need a total review, because your people are not the same as the people when the treaties were signed. If you had pride you would tell the government to keep their moneys, you can do without because of your pride! But having no pride, that is discusting!
Paddle faster!!,,,,I hear banjo's!!!!

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
"RIGHTS that need a total review, because your people are not the same as the people when the treaties were signed"

and we white guys arnt the same guys that signed and pass documents in the past that gave us our rights too so whats ur point?
-Matt

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
"RIGHTS that need a total review, because your people are not the same as the people when the treaties were signed"

and we white guys arnt the same guys that signed and pass documents in the past that gave us our rights too so whats ur point?

SO THEY NEED A TOTAL REVIEW, thats my point!
Why should white people pay for our forfathers mistakes. And the same for natives, now
New treaties would work wonders!NO FREE RIDES FOR ANYONE!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:17:40 AM by longknife »
Paddle faster!!,,,,I hear banjo's!!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal