collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: mini GPS review  (Read 830 times)

Offline ydeardorff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
mini GPS review
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
I just got a Mini key chain GPS in from an eBay purchase I made.

This lil bugger doesnt give you a topo map, or watershed info, anything like that, but it allows you to set up to 16 POI (Points of Interest)
It simply gives you and arrow, showing which way your destination is, and how far away it is. Which in reality, is all you really need anyway, right? It has a clock, lat and long display, as well as the main arrow with distance display.
Its not lightning fast, with a require 2 minute warm up from a cold start, and only a 4 second response with a warm start. with a 4 hour running time on a single charge.

I nabbed this little beauty on eBay for 35.00, and for the price it is well worth the added benefit of being able to find my way out if I were to get turned around in unfamiliar territory, or when hunting in forest with homes nearby to be able to see what direction they are from your current location, to determine your safe shot zone directions. I think it would also be a great help when leaving to go get help to pull out big game. I have tested this a couple of times since i got it, and it led me right back to my car with in about 5 feet of  my original POI set point.

Its the cheapest GPS device Ive found yet. My only complaint on it it the arrow can be a little slow to respond but the distance ticker, it right on the money.

heres a picture of the device:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:49:24 AM by ydeardorff »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal