collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: hound hunters, the wife got a very interesting email from wdfw today.  (Read 17472 times)

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: hound hunters, the wife got a very interesting email from wdfw today.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »
Two years ago I sold all of my dogs and all of my gear, due to frustration with the way Hound Hunting is conducted in WA.  Last winter, around the middle of Dec I was notified I drew a ID non-resident hound permit.  I started collecting gear and dogs again and was ready to go around the middle of Feb.  Sorry, I did not see your offer last year or if I did, since I did not have dogs or gear I probably did not give it much thought.  Sorry you did not get any offers, I guess it's frustrating for all sides concerned.

I've no doubt you would have Fred. :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
 I think you hound guys are going about this the wrong way. If you wanted WDFW to value you and your hounds more I would be hoping hundreds of non hound owners applied and drew permits. When they go down the list of hunters and can't come up with a guy to go in time because the hunter needs to make arrangements with a hound guy, maybe then they would appreciate you guys a little more. :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Rooster1981

• R.K.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Roosters Kennel
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
I think you hound guys are going about this the wrong way. If you wanted WDFW to value you and your hounds more I would be hoping hundreds of non hound owners applied and drew permits. When they go down the list of hunters and can't come up with a guy to go in time because the hunter needs to make arrangements with a hound guy, maybe then they would appreciate you guys a little more. :dunno:

Well that was the big stink with the pilot program, The libral democrats didnt like the guiding for non hound hunters. IF a hound hunter ecepts any money for food gas or any compensation its considerd guiding and if you dont have a buisness licence to guide hunters its illegal. Well thats the way I understand it anyways and I wont take any money for gas or food when I take freinds out hunting.
Hunting hounds since 1993

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
 New updated e-mail I just received

Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife   
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091

Recently you received an e-mail from the WDFW regarding the open application period for the Cougar Management Removals in Washington State.  The application is open only to those Washington hunters who own dogs capable of tracking/treeing cougar.  If you are interested in assisting the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) with Cougar Management Removals (formerly public-safety cougar removals) with the aid of dogs, you have until Oct. 15th to apply for the special permits. 

In the event you have not applied, the application can be located at http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/cougar_mgmt_removal/ .  Applications must be postmarked, or received at the WDFW Enforcement Program Office, no later than 5:00 p.m., Oct. 15th, 2011.  If you already applied and own dogs capable of tracking/treeing cougar, you do not need to re-submit your  application again. 

If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Carrell at 360-902-2926 or Donny Martorello at 360-902-2155 
Local 3482

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
I don't care about killing a cat I just want to work my dogs.  Problem is it did not work out that way either.  I could never get guys to go on a consistent basis.  Once someone got their cat they were done and you can't go out without them.  Plus you get folks from the westside drawing a tag (this is nothing bad about the westside guys, this is just reality) They can't afford to come over every weekend and run the dogs

I posted an offer last season for ANY of you hound guys that wanted to run your dogs, I would be there so you could run them with my tag. I can leave at a moments notice, I have the resources and am willing to tag along just to take pics.

Not one hound guy took me up on it!!!
I wish I would have seen that post...I would have loved to take you!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
I got an update today on this:

Recently you received an e-mail from the WDFW regarding the open application period for the Cougar Management Removals in Washington State.  The application is open only to those Washington hunters who own dogs capable of tracking/treeing cougar.  If you are interested in assisting the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) with Cougar Management Removals (formerly public-safety cougar removals) with the aid of dogs, you have until Oct. 15th to apply for the special permits. 
In the event you have not applied, the application can be located at http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/cougar_mgmt_removal/ .  Applications must be postmarked, or received at the WDFW Enforcement Program Office, no later than 5:00 p.m., Oct. 15th, 2011.  If you already applied and own dogs capable of tracking/treeing cougar, you do not need to re-submit your  application again. 
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Carrell at 360-902-2926 or Donny Martorello at 360-902-2155 

Offline turnloose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2011, 08:43:46 PM »
Can't their black and white dogs catch a cat.Ha hA ha ha

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]