collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: My not true spike  (Read 19353 times)

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
Re: My not true spike
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 12:36:45 PM »
I think the technical term is "stupid lawmaker with no common sense laws"  :dunno:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline SniperDanWA

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, WFW
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 12:40:48 PM »
I think the technical term is "stupid lawmaker with no common sense laws"  :dunno:

I think it is the inmates are running the asylum.
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible." - Vince Lombardi

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
 :yeah:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »
WSU obviously as a lawyer you win this one.  The only internet I currently have is on my phone.  So it is very difficult for me to look stuff up (takes forever) and even toughter to cut and paste stuff.  Maybe the word entrapment was a poor choice of words.  I took that class in 2009 and since then I've had a whole degree worth of stuff crammed into my head in a year.  So I've forgotten som things. 

Okay since you are a lawyer and I can't seem to recall the wording of it.  What is it called when a law is re-written or stricken due to the fact that its wording or creation causes ordinary citizens to break the law unintentionally?  I know its called something because we talked about it for a whole week.  Drove me crazy I felt like one day was sufficient.

I'm not sure exactly what doctrine you are referring to.  There is the doctrine of unconstitutional vagueness.  It means that laws can be found unconstitutional if an ordinary person would not know what is prohibited by the law.  That is not exactly the case with the true spike restrictions, although I don't think the true spike restriction should be struck down on any constitutional ground (perhaps it is bad policy but that isn't something for the courts to decide).  A classic example of unconstitutional vagueness is a law prohibiting sodomy.  Such laws have been struck down because the ordinary citizen wouldn't know exactly what sexual acts are outlawed (oral sex, anal sex, etc.).  The true spike law is not vague, however.  It may be difficult to to follow, but it is not vague.

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 01:53:04 PM »

That applies to a lot more laws than WDFW's true spike regulation!

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
Okay I thought about this all day. It had to do with something along the lines of laws have to be worded or made so that ordinary citizens will follow them and law enforcement will enforce it.  Such as jaywalking. That law gets violated constantly and cops never enforce it. As an example. I know I'm vague sorry. So like true spike if the law gets violated a lot (unintentionally) and law enforcement doesn't really enforce it (slap on the wrist) then that law should be done away with.

Personally I've said it many times if tje herd is that bad off then it should be permit only.
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline jeepguy

• Scout
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
seems to me the game department  made the rule changes to make it hard as possible  to be successfull yet easy to be penalized this whole true spike regulation is designed to make us at least feel like we're hunting when all we are doing is walking in the woods clearly the oringinal  shooter did not take the time needed or have quality optics  just like the 3 pt rule for deer which is good but there was a big two point  in the area  a hunter see's it see's high horns shoot's it and oh its a two point so he hides it and leaves  what kinda people are out there elk hunting that whole story is just crazy one guy shoots what he thinks is a true spike 3 other guys harass  him and 2 guys start gutting the elk thats not hunting thats nuts  the rule should be same as deer 3 pt or better.

Offline cagifford

• Hunter
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
One concept that I find frustrating is the misconception that some people have about knowlege. Some time you should take a psychology class and study knolege and perception. The human eye/brain can do things to people especially in stressful situations, shooting a big game animal is a fun stressor but no different than any other stressor. Most guys that shoot a big game animal that isnt legal "know" that the animal is legal and it turns that they are wrong. It can happen to absoutely anyone because your brain can trick you. Have you ever seen the paragraph written with no vowels that floats around, less than half the population realizes the vowels are missing.

He could have seen than animal at 100 yards with 24 power binos and still convinced himself it was a true spike. Because he seems to be a stand up guy I almost garentee he will pass on animals in the future that are legal because this experience will change his perception of future situations.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal