collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Winston Creek January 1st 2012 Hunt  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Yelm hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Winston Creek January 1st 2012 Hunt
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »
Well I never got a bull during the Modern Rifle Hunt in Winston Creek so I'll be on my toes for the Modern Antlerless tag that I was selected for between January 1st and January 16th... Who else has been selected for this tag?? Good Luck to you guys and are you planning on going up there to camp or just drive up everyday?? I'm going to be pulling my trailer up to Camp 9 I think December 29th or 30th!!

Offline Recurve

• Pilgrim
Re: Winston Creek January 1st 2012 Hunt
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
Should be a good hunt. I have always archery hunted the winston. This year decided to go modern and bring my 80 year old gramps. We both drew that tag. Were camping at kid valley in a wall tent. People say its going to be an easy hunt but thats usually not the case.

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
I drew the Coweeman tag a few years ago. Pretty easy, elk were everywhere and calm since they haden't been hunted hard for a while. Should be fun. Good luck.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline Yelm hunter

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
Should be a good hunt. I have always archery hunted the winston. This year decided to go modern and bring my 80 year old gramps. We both drew that tag. Were camping at kid valley in a wall tent. People say its going to be an easy hunt but thats usually not the case.

Have you got anything in the mail that they said they were going to send you before the hunt?? I got something that said maps and possible key to the gates? We'll I'm sure you know were Camp 9 is at. I'm going to try and get my trailer in there. Depending on how many other people are going to be camped there?? Hopefully I won't have to be there more than 1 night. Get my elk and let her hang over night and go home on monday. :) Well come on over and say Hi I'm bring my brother and Dad with me to help with the drag/pack out!!

Offline Recurve

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
No nothing in the mail yet im sure we will a little closer to the hunt. I just hope all the elk wont be on private farm land, I have a feeling they might be. I see alot of elk in those fields just out of toledo. Sure hope some elk stay in the woods.

Offline Yelm hunter

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
No nothing in the mail yet im sure we will a little closer to the hunt. I just hope all the elk wont be on private farm land, I have a feeling they might be. I see alot of elk in those fields just out of toledo. Sure hope some elk stay in the woods.

Oh I hear you man... have you ever been up there during January 1st to 16th before? Is there usually alot of snow? I have a 2 wheel drive truck just don't know if I should get different chains for my truck or not? Or if I should as a buddy of the families if I can use there 4x4.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal