collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7mm mag with muzzle brake  (Read 32358 times)

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
Re: 7mm mag with muzzle brake
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2011, 08:19:59 AM »
Muzzle brakes just makes things more comfortable to shoot.  Some guys want large calibers and no recoil, others want to spot their own shots at any distance, lots of reasons.  I run them on some of my comp rifles to never come off target at any range and be able to engage multiple targets quickly.  My hunting rifles have them to be able to stay on target and spot my own shots at any distance.  I shoot between 20000-35000 rounds a year through centerfire rifles from .223 AR's to 338 Edges and the brakes do come in handy at times.  For me, its the convenience of being able to see where I am hitting at all times and distances on my "braked" rifles.

:yeah:
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline high country

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2011, 08:20:41 AM »
Bark a vias from the prone in the field sometime without glasses and plugs. Once is enough.

My brakes don't bark.... what are you trying to say? What has the prone got to do with anything. At least give me something with teeth to argue against... :dunno:

It will pick up every bit of moveable grit and sandblast your case with it. Try it once...not.

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
Bark a vias from the prone in the field sometime without glasses and plugs. Once is enough.

My brakes don't bark.... what are you trying to say? What has the prone got to do with anything. At least give me something with teeth to argue against... :dunno:

It will pick up every bit of moveable grit and sandblast your case with it. Try it once...not.

I don't know what a Vias is, I have heard of a Vais, but I do know that my brakes don't kick stuff in my face. Maybe it is because my gunsmith knows what he is doing.  :twocents:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:33:01 AM by KillBilly »
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
I try to steer guys away from them on field guns, but if a guy says he wants one....you gonna say "nope, take your couple hundred bucks up the road"? They are good for accuracy, but junk for the field.

Offline wraithen

• Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:29 AM »

Next time you're shooting with him, drop an empty round in, hand him the gun and tell him " it's ready to go".  Don't let him know that you put the empty round in.  You'll know if it kicks and if the recoil is bothering him as soon as he pulls the trigger....

I'm willing to bet it kicks him more than he is leading you to believe.  If he's just "being tough" around dad, this could hinder his shooting abilities in the future.  If he develops a flinch, it can take a lot of trigger time to get rid of it.

Hahahaha! I did this to my wife to prove she was yanking the trigger on the glock. When she hit that 5th round and nothing happened she saw she was pulling herself off target. It's a great drill for anyone to make sure they aren't pulling the trigger.
the head has been lopped of the eagle.our country has become a nation of losers,them that feed on the teet and can do no more than suckle from them that toil. ~ Rasbo

Offline rbros

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

I don't know what a Vias is, I have heard of a Vais, but I do know that my brakes don't kick stuff in my face. Maybe it is because my gunsmith knows what he is doing.  :twocents:

Vias brakes have holes 360 degrees around them.  They blow crap everywhere!...especially when prone in the dirt.
R Bros Rifles
www.rbrosrifles.com

Offline 2506

• Tracker
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
im leaning toward a 280

Offline deerslyr

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 09:30:19 PM »
Ive heard of guys doing something with mercury I wanna say? can anyone clarify this?
I don't know if this was already covered, but it's a mercury dampener.

Do they work?

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »
2506, the 280 is a good idea. Not a very popular round but it's got the power. I have the 3 280's and a 7mm mag in the T/C Encore. My Encore 280 has the 24"bbl and is a tack driver. The 7mm has the 26" bbl and I can shoot it all day. The recoil isn't much different than the 280. I love 'em both. I reload both also. I think there's probably more recoil with factory ammo because of the crimp which would create more pressure. I don't crimp any of my reloads. I think you would be more than happy with a Remington 700BDL or even the Encore. Just my  :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]