collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 16x20 wall tent  (Read 9875 times)

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
Re: 16x20 wall tent
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Make sure you get 5 foot or larger sidewalls. There is a guy in Buckley that has been trying to sell a couple of dandy's on Craigslist in the sporting goods area. The look nice. I would of jumped on them If we didn't allready have 3......

Yes, sidewall height is huge.  If you plan on using it in the summertime a window is really nice.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline BuckHunter23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »
We use a 14x16 Kwik Kamp canvas.  Slept 4 this year, but kinda cramped with stove, gear, and tables.  We also all have the XL cots, so those take up some room.  I think 3 is the biggest number for my size tent to be comfortable.  Would love to get a porch extension or additional tent for cook shack and gear.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 01:22:31 AM »
We use a 14x16 Kwik Kamp canvas.  Slept 4 this year, but kinda cramped with stove, gear, and tables.  We also all have the XL cots, so those take up some room.  I think 3 is the biggest number for my size tent to be comfortable.  Would love to get a porch extension or additional tent for cook shack and gear.

We had one guy this year with the XL cot.   We referred to it as his "fortress of solitude". :chuckle:  The damn thing took up all kinds of room.

Offline BuckHunter23

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
They are big, but NICE!!!  I know there are plenty of minimalists here, but I like to be as comfortable as I can be.  The XL cot with a nice thick pad, and a warm sleeping bag makes all the difference.  I get better sleep and feel more rested in the morning when it's time to get up for the next day's adventures.   :twocents:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
They are big, but NICE!!!  I know there are plenty of minimalists here, but I like to be as comfortable as I can be.  The XL cot with a nice thick pad, and a warm sleeping bag makes all the difference.  I get better sleep and feel more rested in the morning when it's time to get up for the next day's adventures.   :twocents:
The XL cot is the only way to go for me.  I have a 16x23 with the 6' walls, very roomy. I've only had up to 3 people but could easily fit more. we use two 12x12 pop ups for our kitchen area, it takes about an hour and 1/2 to get our camp set up but when it's done it's home sweet home.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal