collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: set up question  (Read 1354 times)

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
set up question
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
I went out yesterday for a few minutes to try out the new e-call. When you seasoned guys set up for predators do you set up infront or behind your call/decoy  :dunno: my gut told me sit infront of the call but that could be the elk hunter coming out in me  :chuckle: Thanks for the help  :hello:
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline Brownie28

• Hunter
Re: set up question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »
set the call up wind from you so when the coyote circles downwind from the call he ends up in front of you to try to wind the sound source.

Offline Jerry malbeck

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »
Always set the caller in front of you and make sure YOU CAN SEE IT  .
 20 to 30 yards away is plenty as long as you are not sticking out like a sore thumb .
Never set the caller in a low spot , coyotes like to use low ground to approach a call .
 If you cant see the caller they will sooner or later come in and you will never see them until they are leaving .
Call cross wind , coyotes DONT always go to the down wind side , If you set up properly you will have them dead before they can get there . If you always set up for just down wind coyotes you will have some come and go and never see them .
In big wide open ground set the caller farther away from you if you feel it necessary but DONT set it way out there especially if there is a low spot between you and the caller . Never set the caller behind you unless you have another shooter watching that back door .
Love many
Trust few
Wrong None

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:58:57 AM »
Always set the caller in front of you and make sure YOU CAN SEE IT  .
 20 to 30 yards away is plenty as long as you are not sticking out like a sore thumb .
Never set the caller in a low spot , coyotes like to use low ground to approach a call .
 If you cant see the caller they will sooner or later come in and you will never see them until they are leaving .
Call cross wind , coyotes DONT always go to the down wind side , If you set up properly you will have them dead before they can get there . If you always set up for just down wind coyotes you will have some come and go and never see them .
In big wide open ground set the caller farther away from you if you feel it necessary but DONT set it way out there especially if there is a low spot between you and the caller . Never set the caller behind you unless you have another shooter watching that back door .
thanks Jerry
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
Most of the time I am around 20-40 yards away from my caller. I also suggest trying to get it up off the ground when you can. I put mine in a sage bush a lot of the time. It also helps to get a signal from the remote to the caller and helps the sound carry better. You will want to be behind the caller or off to the side. If I think I will have a yote come in at a strait line from the caller i will always try to set up at a 45 to the caller so they are not looking right at me the whole time when coming to the caller.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal