collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: electronic decoys  (Read 11235 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: electronic decoys
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
Close enough in proximity is the swinomish. Not the delta proper but borders near the N Fork Mouth I sure the tidal areas loosly associated with the KEY HOLE and West is likely hunting grounds for tribeal members, however i have not  met any.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hdshot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
Anyone know what the fine is for using a Mojo?   :stirthepot:

:bdid: Strange question and don't like where this is going by the way it sounds to me.  Wondering if worth the fine for you or just conversation? 
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline money794

• Tracker
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
so its illegal to use electronic nex year>?

Offline Mr56Jeep

• Jack of all trades
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »
Anyone know what the fine is for using a Mojo?   :stirthepot:

:bdid: Strange question and don't like where this is going by the way it sounds to me.  Wondering if worth the fine for you or just conversation?

I may be a *censored* but I'm not going to do anything illegal.  I'm too old for that.

more want to make the statement that I think the reasoning behind the decision is BOGUS.

Now, that being said.... Does anyone know what the fine would be for using an electronic decoy on non-indian land in the peoples republic of WA?

Offline cryfowl

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
The Dept of Fish and Wildlife were accepting public input on this topic up unitl Feb. 21.  The final vote will not be until April.  Was told 70% of the public/hunters support a lift on the ban so far.  With almost every other State allowing them and them being OK with the Feds, I have heard that it is almost a sure thing they will lift the ban.  I'm confident enough that I purchases a MOJO Teal the other day.  Of course if they go against what most the people want (WA politics) and continue the ban, I can always send it back....LOL. :IBCOOL:   

Offline Tealer

• Longhunter
electronic decoys
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »
The Dept of Fish and Wildlife were accepting public input on this topic up unitl Feb. 21.  The final vote will not be until April.  Was told 70% of the public/hunters support a lift on the ban so far.  With almost every other State allowing them and them being OK with the Feds, I have heard that it is almost a sure thing they will lift the ban.  I'm confident enough that I purchases a MOJO Teal the other day.  Of course if they go against what most the people want (WA politics) and continue the ban, I can always send it back....LOL. :IBCOOL:

Careful with that 70% number. That includes people that are ok with the decoys as long as the season does not change. I am glad they voted it down. There is no need for them.

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »
Just a small point here guys. Even though the GMAC voted against the electronic decoys that does not mean that they won't be legal. Dave Ware and the WDFW staff have a history of listening to comments from the public and from GMAC and then doing what they want to do anyway. So I wouldn't make any bets one way or the other. If you have to guess, lean toward the side that will bring in more money to the WDFW. Money seems to be the most important thing to the WDFW over anything else lately.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 04:52:06 AM »
That apears to be the unfortunate sad truth.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline cryfowl

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:45 AM »
I have always wondered why people hate them so much.....I used to be one of them too.  If you don't like them, don't use them.  I hunt pretty much the same amount of days each year and always have.  I also shoot a limit darn near every day, so if I used electronic decoys or not, it wouldn't make a bit of difference on my harvest.  I harvest about 150-200 ducks each year.  I can use a wind powered spinner or pull cord and it does the same thing as a electronic spinner decoy.  I can stand in the water and kick my feet and make ripples or use a shaker decoy.  The end result is just the same.  It comes down to convenience.  It's why we use semi-auto shotguns rather than muzzleloader shotguns and mass produced plastic decoys over handcarved decoys.  It's why for the most part we drive to our hunting area rather than walk and use gas powered motors on our boats rather than row.  Convenience.  They are just another tool that we can use.  Plus the increase in revenue they will produce will benefit everyone. :twocents:     

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
If you see that 70% like them.  Who do you think do NOT like them?

I think the 70% are the people who only hunt public lands and rarely ever get a limit. 

The 30% are the guides as they think if the number of birds that concist a limit might go down because the 70% might get more ducks.  The other part of the 30% is are the people who have private land access and the purest waterfowler. 
275 down 2

Offline Tealer

• Longhunter
electronic decoys
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:48 AM »
I don't hate them. I think there are not needed to be successful. I hunt 98% public, ran a 6 bird average on the season. Which is pretty typical for me. I have been to too many meetings were the WDFW claimed they would make harvest rates skyrocket. Thus resulting in lower limits and a shorter season. No thanks. If you can kill ducks with out them, we do you need them?

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »
I heard something lifting the band was off the table which will keep them illegal. 

Offline cryfowl

• Hunter
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »
The group that voted them down is made up of mostly guides.  Why would they not want the average hunter to have a better chance at limiting?  $$$ out of their pockets.  Why pay them if you can have a successful hunt somewhere else on your own.  Up until this past year, I have only ever hunted public land.  Last year I met a couple guys who have a private lease and we hunted that 4 times, limiting all but one day.  We used a wind duck.  Even with that the birds flew past our spread and went to a lush green grass field because that is what they wanted.  Ducks are always going to go to the places they feel safe (least pressure) and can get food.  No amount of robo ducks will pull them away from what they need.  I think electronic decoys have a place in our hunting and just like everything else we have thrown at the birds over the years, the birds get used to them quick.  Have watched hundreds of ducks flare off wind operated spinners.  So why would the electronic ones suddenly make them stupid?         

Offline Sneaky

• Savage
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
The group that voted them down is made up of mostly guides.  Why would they not want the average hunter to have a better chance at limiting?  $$$ out of their pockets.  Why pay them if you can have a successful hunt somewhere else on your own.  Up until this past year, I have only ever hunted public land.  Last year I met a couple guys who have a private lease and we hunted that 4 times, limiting all but one day.  We used a wind duck.  Even with that the birds flew past our spread and went to a lush green grass field because that is what they wanted.  Ducks are always going to go to the places they feel safe (least pressure) and can get food.  No amount of robo ducks will pull them away from what they need.  I think electronic decoys have a place in our hunting and just like everything else we have thrown at the birds over the years, the birds get used to them quick.  Have watched hundreds of ducks flare off wind operated spinners.  So why would the electronic ones suddenly make them stupid?         
I agree, the guides are the ones who benefit from no electric spinners because it gives the public land hunter less of a chance to intercept "their" birds.

Wind spinners, pull strings, etc. cannot compare to an electric spinner! People who think they do generally don't understand what it takes to get birds to finish to a spinner. Sure, high flyers will take a peek at any kind of spinning wings, but once they get close if things aren't right they know the difference. Its not just convenience, its ability to create spin under adverse conditions (deep water, no wind, etc..)

Spinners or not you can still only kill 7 ducks! Are we having a population problem that I am unaware of?

Don't get me wrong, I am for the electronics - There is 0 scientific reason to not allow them.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
7 ducks is just to sell licenses.  I remember when a mallard would be on every puddle and the limit was only 3.  It was a waste of time to set deks because jumping was the easiest without the hassle. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]