collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Duck hunting clubs eastern washington  (Read 11794 times)

Offline 75johndeere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Duck hunting clubs eastern washington
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
Does anyone have any contact info on duck hunting clubs in the columbia basin besides royal city or family hunting club?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Offline hdshot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Duck hunting clubs eastern washington
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
This club had an advertisement in the regs this year.  Maybe it's just me but some of the goose pics look like photo shop? :dunno:

http://www.burbanksc.org/PhotoGallery.html
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline 75johndeere

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
Thanks guys I'm asking for a Buddie he is over in mosses lake went to look at family hunting club and didn't like the looks of the place for the money there asking. Has anyone heard good things about elite?

Offline fair-chase

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
Eagle Lakes used to be a club membership but I think they only do by the day now. Not 100% sure on that so you may want to call and ask. Oh yeah, this one has always been pricey as well.

http://www.eaglelakesranch.com/index.html

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
Eagle Lakes used to be a club membership but I think they only do by the day now. Not 100% sure on that so you may want to call and ask. Oh yeah, this one has always been pricey as well.

http://www.eaglelakesranch.com/index.html

And it sounds hunts are guided only. 

I have heard of clubs around Plymouth, wa and Patterson, wa area for geese but never have bumped into any advertisements or members.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »
I had contacted Elite about ten years or so ago. They weren't cheap, but seemed to have some pretty decent property. As I recall at the time, they had a limited number of members and you could only get in if someone dropped out. I do not know if that is still the case or any of the rules of the club or how they operate. Ten years is a long time- maybe things changed.
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline royalhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
My family has been duck and goose hunting in the royal area for over 40 years now. At one point our hunting club had close to 40 members and probably 20k acres to hunt. Now its just a close family deal, with the grandsons taking over the leases, which is now only around 1k acres. We lost most of our property to the big hunting clubs in the area that could out pay our family, and took large hits to land in the 1990s when a few farmers retired and sold out to folks to depised hunters and hunting. We lost our best goose field to a farmer retiring and a larger family farming operation. They weren't interested in keeping our lease, but told us we could hunt it for 100 bucks a day a piece :yike:.......... I could tell you of a couple of elite goose fields that you could get birds to work every day of the season, but have only see one guy hunt it in the 25 years that I have been hunting. I think they concentrate more on their man made pond system they have set up.  Family Hunting Club, which use to be the family sportsmens club, that should take some members back a few decades,  has a drawing system for their really good properties you put in for them at the beginning of year I believe and hope you get drawn. I have a family friend that bought a lifetime membership from someone in the newspaper years ago. I guess they can be resold once. Not sure if thats still the case, anyways there are lots of public hunting options open, and according to the CNWR website more will be opening up next year hopefully. The royal youth booster fields can produce if you put your time in and the fields are in a good rotation that year for corn wheat or alfalfa.

Offline 75johndeere

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:28:25 AM »
Thanks again guys like I sayed there over there right now checking out all of the clubs that's why I sayed not family or royal they already checked them out. They are having problems finding info on elite I think that's about the only place they have heard about that they haven't checked. Well if you have anymore ideas let me know thanks again

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10