collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Did anyone Know? No loaded firearms on Snowmobiles, not even with CPL, s  (Read 6813 times)

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
 I would have thought the laws would apply as with a car or truck but.....
Seems this is a violation of the 2nd....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?84994-No-loaded-firearms-on-Snowmobiles-not-even-with-CPL-since-2003&s=a0aef678bc1585e0db101491a679f619

No loaded firearms on Snowmobiles, not even with CPL, since 2003

Now, here is one I have never seen before. Handgunlaw.us just put it up on the Washington page. Was anyone aware of this? So, snowmobiles are an exception to the allowance in 9.41.050 by permit, and have been since July 1 2004 according to this.

I wonder how many have broken this one. I noticed Oregon had a similar law, but never knew Washington was dumb enough to have a law like this.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.10.130
    RCW 46.10.130
    Additional violations — Penalty. (Effective until July 1, 2011. Recodified as RCW 46.10.495.)

(1) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to endanger human life.

(2) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to run down or harass deer, elk, or any wildlife, or any domestic animal, nor shall any person carry any loaded weapon upon, nor hunt from, any snowmobile except by permit issued by the director of fish and wildlife under RCW 77.32.237.

(3) Any person violating this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

[2003 c 53 § 234; 1994 c 264 § 37; 1989 c 297 § 4; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 11; 1971 ex.s. c 29 § 13.]

THEN....

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.10.495
    RCW 46.10.495
    Additional violations — Penalty. (Effective July 1, 2011.)

(1) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to endanger human life.

(2) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to run down or harass deer, elk, or any wildlife, or any domestic animal, nor shall any person carry any loaded weapon upon, nor hunt from, any snowmobile except by permit issued by the director of fish and wildlife under RCW 77.32.237.

(3) Any person violating this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

[2003 c 53 § 234; 1994 c 264 § 37; 1989 c 297 § 4; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 11; 1971 ex.s. c 29 § 13. Formerly RCW 46.10.130.]

Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
I see law enforcement carrying their duty side arm all the time on snowmobiles. 
Where are the exceptions to "nor shall any person carry any loaded weapon upon"?

Thinking on it though I guess I did know about it, its never been an issue though because I ride BC 99% of the time.  WA snow sucks  :chuckle:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:37:58 PM by KFhunter »

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
 At least eastern  Wa snow is better than western Wa snow, and you are so much closer to the GOOD stuff! BTW, I found this on a BCR thread thanks to Triple Seven. 

http://www.backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=23127   I steal their stuff a lot
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
I think it means "carrying a long gun on any vehicle " ie: gun racks. ??? You can still carry one with a CPL or open carry, which I do because of anti's harassing me because I'm disabled and can't defend my self ..... :tup:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
At least eastern  Wa snow is better than western Wa snow, and you are so much closer to the GOOD stuff! BTW, I found this on a BCR thread thanks to Triple Seven. 

http://www.backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=23127   I steal their stuff a lot

I'll hafta check that out later, can't access BCR on this computer since they were hacked a while back and the firewalls kicked in.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
I think it means "carrying a long gun on any vehicle " ie: gun racks. ??? You can still carry one with a CPL or open carry, which I do because of anti's harassing me because I'm disabled and can't defend my self ..... :tup:

That's what I thought when I was over there, and a few came back and Whacked my____ _____ over it. I guess there was a recent legislative attempt to change it  and well....the blue majority and their committee chairmen quashed it. There is a link over there to a  gun forum that discussed that attempt.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer

That's what I thought when I was over there, and a few came back and Whacked my____ _____ over it. I guess there was a recent legislative attempt to change it  and well....the blue majority and their committee chairmen quashed it. There is a link over there to a  gun forum that discussed that attempt.

......pee pee ......... :chuckle:

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
 YUP!
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
YUP!

....................there's a law here, if it's shorter than a nightcrawler, your'e masterbaiter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry man !!!!!!!  :tup:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:54:56 AM by CAMPMEAT »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
Makes alot of sense to me. Folks zoomin around in the backcountry with loaded firearms at the ready to shoot the critters. Heres a question. Is it legal to have a loaded gun on atv? If we cant even lay our rifles on our rigs w/o being in violation (idiotic i know), why should atvs. Regs say motor vehicles so i guess not.

piss off - re: the "Folks zoomin around in the backcountry with loaded firearms at the ready to shoot the critters"

and you can lay your rifle across the hood of your truck, but you still can't shoot from a road, and yes you can carry on an atv with CCP same as a truck, but not a hunting shotgun/rifle same as a truck.

Snowmobiles are singled out specifically hence this discussion.

Offline shoot-em-dead

• non-yar
  • Frontiersman
I wouldn't lay a loaded rifle across the hood without my disabled permit up. I have heard of guys getting ticketed for it when they were not going to shoot. Unloaded is ok but if there is a round in the gun your asking for trouble. :twocents:
This closet is taken- go find your own

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
well crap, gonna hafta dig it up.

I remember a change to this recently

Offline shoot-em-dead

• non-yar
  • Frontiersman
I hope you prove me wrong :tup:. I haven't heard of any change but I have not been looking either. I'll add an early apology but I take it back if your wrong. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:                 :sry:          :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
This closet is taken- go find your own

Offline washelkhunter

• Region 5 State Delegate #3
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Site sponsorhttp
  • Groups: TPE, NRA, RMEF, AST
Quote: It is illegal to carry, convey, transport, possess, or control a loaded shotgun or rifle in or on any motor vehicle.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
I hope you prove me wrong :tup: . I haven't heard of any change but I have not been looking either. I'll add an early apology but I take it back if your wrong. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:                 :sry:          :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

gah

Is it OK to use the hood of my vehicle as a rest while sighting-in my rifle or aiming at an animal?
No. It is illegal to have a loaded shotgun or rifle in or ON any motor vehicle. In addition, it is against the law to negligently shoot from, along, or across a public roadway.

coulda swore I seen something about this somewhere, perhaps it was for disabled. Don't matter to me anyways, I walk.

Offline washelkhunter

• Region 5 State Delegate #3
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Site sponsorhttp
  • Groups: TPE, NRA, RMEF, AST
Sure, as long as your gun is empty. Theres quite a bit more flexibility for disabled.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
this all looks to be in direct conflit with RCW 9.41.060

If not, then the exemptions provided for LEO wouldn't apply, since they obviously do, then must likewise apply to CC self defense handguns.

Otherwise all those law enforcement types on snowmobiles would be in violation.

I have no qualms about packing a pistol while snowmobiling in WA, for everyone 18 and older engaged in outdoor activity, and otherwise legal to possess a weapon (no felons or wife beaters)

this seems a non-issue to me, new law confliting with old law, generally new law is upheld in court over old. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal