collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Badlands Clothing?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Griz231

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • Global Barcode - Provider of Anything and Everything Barcode
Badlands Clothing?
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
Does anybody own any Badlands clothing?  They are having a pretty darn good sale.  I own several of their packs but never bought any of the jackets or pants.
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family,
I love the way it is now and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me.
That should be all of our attitudes.
Cause this is America and a country boy is good enough for me son..."
- Charlie Daniels

Offline STRINGSHOOTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA
Re: Badlands Clothing?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
A friend of mine bought some of their rain gear on sale but says its noisy, but he doesn't care because it was cheap.
I also paid attention to a hunter on tv when he was putting on rain pants over his boots and shoes to see if they seemed noisy for an upcoming sale, and I decided to pass on them rather than waste time and money on a maybe.

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Badlands Clothing?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
I have been wearing it for 2 years now and cannot be more satisfied. Here are my thoughts on what I have.

Hybrid Jacket and Pants-  Great when the temp drops to the 30s or lower, I dont need longjohns under them and they hold up well in the snow and rain, but will get wet.  The coat is a great all around coat and is very versatile.  Cuts the wind well.

Rev Pants-  Probably my favorite pants of all time, wear these all bow season and even into October with layers if there is no rain or snow in the forecast.  Extremely comfortable and move well with you.

Momentum Pants-  Picked up a couple pairs of these on sale and wow!  They are very similar in thickness to the Hybrid Pants, but IMO cut the wind better and offer a bit more protection from water due to the material used.  These appear to be noisy at first glance, but it haunt been an issue for me yet. 

Calor Shirt-  I use this alot as a base layer when its cold or a standalone shirt during archery.  Now that they have the long sleeve warm weather shirt, I will use that as this can be a bit much when its 80 out.

Exo Rain gear-  This is their lightweight pack-able set and it is just that.  I have not notice it being noisy at all, I assume the Alpha rain gear would be noisy since it is a heavier duty set.

One thing with Badlands is their warranty.  It is the best in the industry!  I had to send my Calor shirt back because I burnt a hole in it next to the wood stove and asked if they could patch it and I would pay for repairs...  They sent me a brand new shirt for free.  I sent in some gloves they no longer make and they upgraded me for free.  If you ever have an issue they take care of it.

It is really good stuff and getting it on sale is a much easier pill to swallow.  I put it up there with First Lite and Kuiu in quality, but they do not offer the warranty, and when you drop this kind of money, its nice to know its covered for life!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:49:25 AM by elkinrutdrivemenuts »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal