collapse

Author Topic: GLUTEN FREE COOKING  (Read 748 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: GLUTEN FREE COOKING
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
I have not tried Gluetonbergs. Where are they out of.

Redbridge is horrible. I'd rather drink water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »
They are in Montreal.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

So many free days, so few fish....

Offline Jburke

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
The only thing i really miss is BEER!

No one makes a good light beer that is GF. It all tastes funny like Sapporo or some other asian beer. Yuck... so on the occasion that a beer sounds really good... or the wife is really buttering me up with a big steak and a cold one these are my go to... Greens beer co often found at Hagen, wine and more ect.  They make the best stuff. Thier double dark is awesome sobis thier IPA. Stuff ain't cheep at $7 a pint at the store.  Ground Breaker out of Portland OR is another fine beer. BithbthebIPA and Darknare excellent.

There are several outfits that do a process to remove gluten from beer. They obviously taste like beer Ommission is the first one that comes to mind. If you are sensitive it's best not to drink it because the caveat is the process removes 98% of the gluten.

Here are some products you may be surprised has wheat or gluten in it.
Cheap icecream,  soy sauce, some corn tortillas,  many corn breads..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ghostfish is gluten free as well. I don't care for beer much, but my brother likes it.

Offline Jburke

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »
As far as actual recipes, pick your favorite food and do a search on google.  My wife finds a lot of her recipes on pintrest. It's actually pretty easy to cook gluten free, it just takes a little different recipe. Just about anything can be made gluten free really.  Asian and Mexican are easy.  Gluten free pasta can be found in most stores including Walmart.  Walmart even has their own store brand Gluten free items.  Their Gluten free mac and cheese is good if you get the kind with the cheese sauce.  You know, the fancy kind!  All sorts of cookies and snacks out there too.  Tons of Gluten free sauces available in stores now.  Mexican, BBQ and marinades, even Sportsmans Warehouse carries a gluten free Asian sauce.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »
Wife picked up Ausie Bites at Burlington Costco today that are GF, New GF crackers besindes the rice ones i mentioned...
The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline stringer

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 01:38:27 AM »
My wife cooks and bakes for a friend with Lyme's disease every week.  Paleo and gluten free.  She took a special course at Gretchen's to help.  From soups to breads to hot dishes to snacks to energy bars.  Our friend is extremely particular about the strictness of the Paleo diet, and has never been unhappy with her meals.  Pm me if you're interested, I'm sure she'd love to share.

Offline Snakeriver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
We have a child with celiac disease. Eating out while traveling can be difficult, requires planning ahead for meals. Cross contamination at home with things like peanut butter, mayo and butter or anything you spread on bread has to be addressed with seperate containers. If you eat out at pizza or burger restaurants be sure to ask them to use seperate condiments and that the food is prepared in an isolated area and that the workers change there gloves. If not you will be getting contaminated. It is a real issue, that has to be taken seriously.
The funny thing is that my family are wheat farmers.
On the beer topic, I believe that budweiser is gluten free.

* Recent Topics