collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: March 6 & 7 WDFW Meeting in E-burg  (Read 36943 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: March 6 & 7 WDFW Meeting in E-burg
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
Yes, we may breathe a bit easier, but we will need to be on top of this next year.

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
I very much missed being there. I wanted to have a meal with all of you that showed up Fri. night. In light of that I also very much appreciate your report out and views on how things went. We do need to come together as a whole and be ready to present a large group with combined and unified views on solutions for next year.

What do you think about forming some kind of committee for the East & West sides to meet and hammer out details and solutions for next year? I know that alot of the stuff they let slide this year will be coming up again for 2010/2011 seasons. Anybody up to chairing such a task?
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline oneezreiter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »
Thank you to all of you that were able to attend.  I live on the west side and could not make it.  Three kids and work make it hard to find time so thanks to all of you for looking out for all of our interests.
Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." 

Sir Winston Churchill

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
I very much missed being there. I wanted to have a meal with all of you that showed up Fri. night. In light of that I also very much appreciate your report out and views on how things went. We do need to come together as a whole and be ready to present a large group with combined and unified views on solutions for next year.

What do you think about forming some kind of committee for the East & West sides to meet and hammer out details and solutions for next year? I know that alot of the stuff they let slide this year will be coming up again for 2010/2011 seasons. Anybody up to chairing such a task?

That is basically the sole purpose of Washington Sportsmen.  While the only thing that gets talked about on here is the tribal thing (because it's the only intersting thing to debate) we are working on alot more things that that.  Such as getting the Colockum to be Permit only.  Helping the WDFW and the DNR pay to physically close roads over here to give the elk and deer places to escape to.  We also sent alot of emails and stuff agianst the bear opening on September 1.  Your idea about an east and west think KB is exactly what we're trying to go towards right now.  I don't know anything about the problems that go on over in your neck of the woods so how am I going to help you guys out?  I can't, I'm trying to make my neck of the woods better but, if a group of Western Washington Sportsmen get together and do things for the good over there and a group of Eastern Washington SPortsmen get together to do things over here, while we are both under the same parent organization than we can accomplish more.  We can generate more revenue and funds to support our causes if we band together.  Sort of like how the RMEF operates.  We would be glad to have your support.  I encourage you all to join up.  Our website is a little rough but it's a work in progress so please don't judge it yet. 
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline Aneoakleaf

• Aneoakleaf
  • Longhunter
  • I Hunt therefore I am an endangered species
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »
Hi , Thanks for the great reports! Good Job. I didn't go as I was holding an instructors meeting in IssaQuah.
Sounds like we might not have as bad a deal as we thought. But like Kidrock said, there's still more meetings...
Good luck on your  finals Michael  :hello:
Christian,
Floral Designer...retired,
Mother, grandmother, Writer, Photographer ,
Bowhunter Education State Chairman
wife, hunting & fishing  partner
Hunter, Fly Fisherman,partner, Wife

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »
Thanks Aneoakleaf!  I'm very interested to see what regulations are actually put into effect for this year...  The commission overall seemed impacted on the issues I reported on.  Hopefully they get something done... if not then its definitely about the revenue and political agendas...  Time will tell...

Michael
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »

That is basically the sole purpose of Washington Sportsmen.  While the only thing that gets talked about on here is the tribal thing (because it's the only intersting thing to debate) we are working on alot more things that that.  Such as getting the Colockum to be Permit only.  Helping the WDFW and the DNR pay to physically close roads over here to give the elk and deer places to escape to.  We also sent alot of emails and stuff agianst the bear opening on September 1.  Your idea about an east and west think KB is exactly what we're trying to go towards right now.  I don't know anything about the problems that go on over in your neck of the woods so how am I going to help you guys out?  I can't, I'm trying to make my neck of the woods better but, if a group of Western Washington Sportsmen get together and do things for the good over there and a group of Eastern Washington SPortsmen get together to do things over here, while we are both under the same parent organization than we can accomplish more.  We can generate more revenue and funds to support our causes if we band together.  Sort of like how the RMEF operates.  We would be glad to have your support.  I encourage you all to join up.  Our website is a little rough but it's a work in progress so please don't judge it yet. 

Go to this website to check us out.  www.washingtonsportsmen.com

And please everyone go to this next link to send this letter/petition to the WDFW commission.  Please help out before it's too late.  The season gets set in  a month.    http://www.washingtonsportsmen.com/?q=node/81 
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand