collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Federal Judge Hands Major Victory to Second Amendment Advocates by Striking Down  (Read 1663 times)

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
Saw this in the news this weekend. I’m confused about it, though- doesn’t the law require a person be 21 to have a hand gun?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Saw this in the news this weekend. I’m confused about it, though- doesn’t the law require a person be 21 to have a hand gun?

I was confused also, I had to look it up, age varies by state and who you purchase from, this article explains it pretty well:
https://thehill.com/changing-america/3493244-the-legal-ages-for-buying-a-gun-in-the-us/
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough

There’s nothing to be confused about. The constitution is clear as day. Gun control laws are going to start falling like dominoes.

Based on a careful review of the record, the court finds that defendants have failed to identify analogous regulations that show a historical tradition in America of depriving 18- to 20-year-olds the right to publicly carry a handgun for self-defense,” Menendez wrote

The left is going to have a heck of a time defending gun control schemes when applying BRUENS historical history test to any of their laws.

The pendulum is going to make a hard swing back to the 2nd amendment supporters side. Everyone just needs to have patience and let our system work.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter

There’s nothing to be confused about. The constitution is clear as day. Gun control laws are going to start falling like dominoes.

Based on a careful review of the record, the court finds that defendants have failed to identify analogous regulations that show a historical tradition in America of depriving 18- to 20-year-olds the right to publicly carry a handgun for self-defense,” Menendez wrote

The left is going to have a heck of a time defending gun control schemes when applying BRUENS historical history test to any of their laws.

The pendulum is going to make a hard swing back to the 2nd amendment supporters side. Everyone just needs to have patience and let our system work.

I agree with you in principle, but if it were that cut-and-dried, the leftist clowns would not be passing as much anti-2A legislation as they constantly are.  It's a never ending battle.................
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters

You are correct unless the dems and some of the RINO's succeed in continuing to win elections and are able to change the makeup of the supreme court (as they have publicly said they want to do) which will result in much different interpretations of the 2nd Amendment.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
That is very much a possibility that the make up of the Supreme Court will change. They would have to over turn a lot of case law supporting the 2nd amendment.

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough

I agree with you in principle, but if it were that cut-and-dried, the leftist clowns would not be passing as much anti-2A legislation as they constantly are.  It's a never ending battle.................

I think that is why our system was designed with checks and balances. The founders had the foresight to see legislators, judges and the executive abusing their powers.

The downside is it takes time to sort BS out.

Online ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt

You are correct unless the dems and some of the RINO's succeed in continuing to win elections and are able to change the makeup of the supreme court (as they have publicly said they want to do) which will result in much different interpretations of the 2nd Amendment.

:tup:

And that is why they keep passing laws. They want to bankrupt 2 A groups and know they will get a few years out of any law they pass. And maybe the court will change in another election cycle.
Expect them to change the court, stack it, or try to repeal the 2A.

It boggles my mind on how many people are ok with this. The fight will not be over in anyone’s reading this lifetime.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline timberfaller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Keeps getting better!  Vote the D's out of office and we will return to some form of normalcy!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signature-tips-us-majority-constitutional-carry-nation-new-florida-gun-rights-law
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt

:tup:

And that is why they keep passing laws. They want to bankrupt 2 A groups and know they will get a few years out of any law they pass. And maybe the court will change in another election cycle.
Expect them to change the court, stack it, or try to repeal the 2A.

It boggles my mind on how many people are ok with this. The fight will not be over in anyone’s reading this lifetime.

Repealing an amendment is nearly impossible and has only happened once (18th).

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
That is very much a possibility that the make up of the Supreme Court will change. They would have to over turn a lot of case law supporting the 2nd amendment.

You are very correct, but I think the liberals are anxious to do that, the most concerning factor for me is that democrats want to add more judges to the SCOTUS, currently the (R) house won't allow that, but the house majority can change in two years. This is all much more possible than most people realize.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]