collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youth Hunters  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Youth Hunters
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 05:36:16 PM »
Great looking bird JKEEN! Way to go.

We had a great time, but no shots fired :(. Kids did real good, weather was tough. Saw plenty of birds even got a few to work a bit but nothing real good. Fortunately my kids have been a round a "hunter" for a long time that only every now and then is a "shooter" so I think they knew it was not a done deal :chuckle:. They both are willing to go again so I call it a success  :IBCOOL:. We had a great member from this site offer us access that with a little different weather would have been amazing. It all worked out and we will be back if the invite still stands for later this year (sports allowing :bash:) or next spring.
Congrats to all folks who took kids afield. WE know where the success really lies!

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
took the boys over to the deer park area and had a blast with them. tough turkey hunting conditions, cold rainy with some snow, hail and some sunshine but hunted hard all day saturday and saw quite a few birds but none hit the dirt. planning on making it back over during the reg season to hopefully try to get them on some more birds.

Offline goosegetter79

• YAR Member
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
Parents had a couple youths on there property this weekend. 1 kid got a shot at one and from what the dad said he knocked it down but it got up and took off. The other kid and his dad had some come in but got hung up about 50 yards out. We could here the birds gobblin from the house.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

Offline JMac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
Took my son to ewa for his first youth hunt. We treed a couple of toms on Friday night but they were on a ridge we couldn't get to. They ended up moving to the farm on the other side. We hunted several areas and saw large groups of birds all on private property, weather was tough as mentioned. He was more positive than I was the whole weekend. He is hooked and is gearing up for regular season which makes for a new hunting buddy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]