collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scotch Broom Pull at Mt St Helens  (Read 1932 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Scotch Broom Pull at Mt St Helens
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
Just got this in an email. The weather should be a little better than it was for the last work project they had down there (hopefully).

I just might go to this one. Would be great excercise.

ElkNet - Mt St Helen's Scotch Broom Pull

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Washington State
Habitat Enhancement Project Announcement

Project Name: Mt. St. Helen’s Scotch Broom Pull

Project Scope: Scotch broom pull to open area up for spraying to improve forage area for elk.

Nearest Local Chapter: Loowit

Local Volunteer Leader/Coordinator: Dan Howell

Phone Number: 360 425 9611 E-Mail Address: howelldL1@yahoo.com

Date(s) and Time(s) of Project: May 19, Meet at 9 AM

Expected Duration. May last all day depending on number of volunteers

Anticipated Number of Volunteers Needed: 20

Meals Provided: none

Special Equipment Needed:

Sack lunch.

Gloves

Boots

Rally Point: 3100 road intersect with Spirit Lake Highway/ SR 504. This is 31 miles East from exit 49 on I-5. Meet at 9 AM

Other

This will be in a very large site that we have not begun to control yet. The main objective will be to pull and pile plants to create some ATV or larger sized trails so we can get in and spray effectively. The idea is to eventually get this site into a forage producing situation. A good pair of gloves is the main tool to bring. We have done some test pulling and the stuff comes up fairly easily there is just a lot of it. This may not be a good project for a person with allergies because the plants may be blooming.

Special Instructions: If interested, please call or e-mail Dan to confirm and so we can notify you of any changes or cancellations later. He will give specific directions and coordinate with WDFW regarding number of volunteers needed. All volunteers will receive a package of WDFW policies and safety briefing material by e-mail and each volunteer will need to register/re-register at work site with WDFW stating they have read all the policies in the package. Photo id will be required. WDFW Safety Office has implemented these policies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit the Northwest Regional RMEF Site at http://www.nwrmef.org for more news, events, and information about the RMEF in the Northwest Region.
You received this message because you have an account at ElkNet - http://www.nwrmef.org. If you do not wish to receive further messages from us, please visit our web site and modify or remove your account.

Message sent by Bull Stop rev. 2.0a www.nwrmef.org Message ID: 571

Offline wormfood

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Scotch Broom Pull at Mt St Helens
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
Sounds right up my alley. Spent some time with Nisqually land trust on a few different scotchbroom pulls.I even made my own weed wrench for the really big stuff. Gonna try my damnist to make that one.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal