collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Multi Season Elk Error  (Read 25317 times)

Offline alwaysontop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
WDFW Multi Season Elk Error
« on: May 18, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »
Just recieved a letter from WDFW about how I am one out of 100 people whe incorrectly received a Multiple Season Elk letter instead of a Multiple Season Deer Letter.  But WDFW website said that I got drawn for both deer and elk multi seasons and recieved letters for both deer and elk.  I have already bought my multi season elk tag and put in for eastside tags when I dont even hunt the eastside unless i draw multi elk.  How could they do this to people on the last day of submitting permits.  What a joke! Oh but you will recieve two points for the error.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: WDFW Multi Season Elk Error
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »
I also recieved that letter today.  Online said not selected.  The letter said that i need to send them a copy of my "selected" letter to get my 2 pts, but i didnt get a letter saying i was selected.  Stupid wdfw

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:23:57 PM »
Just recieved a letter from WDFW

I doubt that letter would have ever made it to my house, it likely would have been lost somewhere at USPS. :rolleyes:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:14 PM »
Just recieved a letter from WDFW about how I am one out of 100 people whe incorrectly received a Multiple Season Elk letter instead of a Multiple Season Deer Letter.  But WDFW website said that I got drawn for both deer and elk multi seasons and recieved letters for both deer and elk.  I have already bought my multi season elk tag and put in for eastside tags when I dont even hunt the eastside unless i draw multi elk.  How could they do this to people on the last day of submitting permits.  What a joke! Oh but you will recieve two points for the error.

You already bought the MS elk tag and the letter is saying it is invalid? If I had a tag in hand I'd hunt it!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Wife and both daughters got the same letter about the error.  Originally all three got letters saying they were drawn for multiseason deer and online said the same thing.

I think some got a letter saying multiseason elk and didn't actually draw MS elk.  If you got an elk letter and didn't really draw elk you have to show them the letter and then you get your 2 points.  If you don't have a letter you don't get the points.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
If you already bought the multi season elk tag- keep it!

Offline crowinghen

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
I would think they would not have sold you a m/s elk if you hadn't been drawn and the website was probably accurate if they sold you a tag.
 I also go the letter today, but my  m/s letter said deer, not elk. ( it was correct)
 I did buy my m/s deer tag and got someone else's fishing license in the mail instead of my  m/s deer tag. :( who knows where my tag went, but I called them about it and they say they are fixing it...

Offline RadSav

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:32:55 PM »
The letter I received says that I "MAY" have received an incorrect letter.  Did not say that I did.  Sending them the letter was to prove you were indeed one of the ones who received it.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline crowinghen

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »

:yeah:

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »

Yeah, and send in your letter for your two points  :tup:

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 09:37:30 PM »
Should we be nervous about the special permit results?...This is shaping up to be a rough year for WDFW.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »
 What's interesting is that WDFW screws up, and their solution is to screw everyone else.

By giving extra points to those people that actually were involved, it puts EVERYONE ELSE behind.

Now I'm not saying those of you effected by their mistake should not be compensated, I'm just saying it should not come at the expense of the rest of us, hope that makes sense. :twocents:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline liljozie495

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited RMEF NRA
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »
If u were able to buy it then obviously in the computer system you for real were drawn  :hello:
Boom boom boom...

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
What's interesting is that WDFW screws up, and their solution is to screw everyone else.

By giving extra points to those people that actually were involved, it puts EVERYONE ELSE behind.

Now I'm not saying those of you effected by their mistake should not be compensated, I'm just saying it should not come at the expense of the rest of us, hope that makes sense. :twocents:

Point system is stupid anyways. Just another example of WDFW incompetence

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »
Should we be nervous about the special permit results?...This is shaping up to be a rough year for WDFW.

I feel the opposite with my one point in sheep and goat WDFW might be giving me a chance! In reality good luck everyone.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal