collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 400 class shed found  (Read 12522 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: 400 class shed found
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »
given that it seems all of bone head's shed trips are in Oregon, I'm just thinking we don't need to worry about it being a WA bull.

Buckmark...I'll see your 2 bits and raise you a quarter.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
All right now we are at .75c, that should buy us a pic of the phantom 400" washington, public land, open access to anyone at this time of year, monster bull that anyone can hunt that has eluded hunters up till now, with the non typical/unusual antlers that will give its GPS cordinates away if published..
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
All right now we are at .75c, that should buy us a pic of the phantom 400" washington, public land, open access to anyone at this time of year, monster bull that anyone can hunt that has eluded hunters up till now, with the non typical/unusual antlers that will give its GPS cordinates away if published..

THAT PUBLIC LAND IS NOT OPEN TILL SATURDAY  :chuckle: :chuckle:  LOL
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »
I think this was two years ago, he's a bit bigger now.   These were picked up prior to the opener last year.  Not real impressed with that.  They are pretty unique

Tony 270WSM

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
caseyd hit it on the nose and for everyones info its a public land bull.  :cryriver:

He picking up sheds where he isn't supposed to or when he's not supposed to?  :bdid: Would make sense why he doesn't want them seen...

Offline Buckmark

• Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 03:16:17 PM »
That cant be him Bone, looks like he is only 399 7/8...
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »
I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't want pics to be broadcasted all over the internet. There's multiple reasons...not always bad. If I found a big set I'd post pics on the WWW but they'd be from in my garage. I wouldn't be risking giving away honey holes, putting additional pressure on the animals, etc. There's too many yahoo's that don't give a flying *censored* about the animals and all they care about is the american dollar, regardless of whatever it takes to get it...look at Oak Creek for example.
It will never cease to amaze me how so many people automatically assume something illegal or unethical when someone doesn't want to put pictures up on these forums. There's too many A-holes that will do whatever they can to point out the flaws or the inaccuracies in people's pictures anymore...

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
reason number four not to share.  WHo needs the ridicule.
point out the flaws or the inaccuracies in people's pictures anymore...

Theres a good chance they are not in the 400 inch range....WHY?  because 99.999% of all elk bones ARE NOT in that class.  :)

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 03:26:01 PM »
Do you guys think the Oak creek bull is the only 400" Washington bull? Granted...there are very few but it's not the only one in the state. Before anyone else says it, I know...I don't know what a 400" bull looks like. ;) Maybe something fishy, maybe not. I don't think just because he doesn't want them posted means he poached them. :twocents:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
reason number four not to share.  WHo needs the ridicule.
point out the flaws or the inaccuracies in people's pictures anymore...

Theres a good chance they are not in the 400 inch range....WHY?  because 99.999% of all elk bones ARE NOT in that class.  :)

and there will always be a troop of people waiting to point that out....that would be my point.

Offline Buckmark

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
I dont think the Oak creek bull is the only bull pushing the 400 mark in washington, i also dont know or think that bone heads friend has done anything wrong at this point.
What i do know is that if he indeed found a set of sheds that are 400inches+ then it would be very cool to see them, either in person or a pic, dont care where the pic is taken but a pic would be nice, and some reference or measuremetns would also be nice.  But until i/we see them and as long as he and bone head say they are 400+ inches without proof then they are nothing more then a fable, tall tale, big foot etc etc, in other words if ya cant back it up dont post it...
Sorry if this gets some peoples ruff up but thats the way it is..
Kinda like when i used to race and everyone had a 9 second street car at home in the garage...

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
Do you guys think the Oak creek bull is the only 400" Washington bull?

no.

I don't even think they're from Washington.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »
 But until i/we see them and as long as he and bone head say they are 400+ inches without proof then they are nothing more then a fable, tall tale, big foot etc etc, in other words if ya cant back it up dont post it...
Sorry if this gets some peoples ruff up but thats the way it is..

I would not disagree with that a bit.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
400" ??

he IS from Washington and NOT from any feed lots.

Tony 270WSM

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
Those are nice little raghorn sheds  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup