collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Remington 700 long range in stainless?  (Read 6548 times)

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
Re: Remington 700 long range in stainless?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
So if anyone cares I found a couple 300s long range stainless in bend. Too far to drive for the wrong caliber. Apparently they have a note saying they're being discontinued. Weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What caliber are you looking for? Like five seconds ago I just saw that sportsmans in Spokane has them too.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 04:13:24 PM »
I was looking for 7mm magnum. Appreciate u looking. I'm not home from Alaska until march and didn't realize they'd be this rare haha did u happen to c that caliber? Maybe I'll get lucky and I can find one when I get home.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
i went to www.gungenie.com and they have 18 Long Range S/S 7mm for sale.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
I was looking for 7mm magnum. Appreciate u looking. I'm not home from Alaska until march and didn't realize they'd be this rare haha did u happen to c that caliber? Maybe I'll get lucky and I can find one when I get home.

300 win mag, sorry
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
Ah well I can search better when I'm home. Thanks for looking. At least I know they exist

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »
I've been told in Sportsmen's and Cabela"s that their companies make big enough orders that sometimes they can order a "special run" of certain weapons for their respective company. That may be the case here?  :dunno:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »
Me personally, I would pass on any box ( long range ) gun that did not have a full length aluminum bedding block.  That is the first thing I look at.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »

Me personally, I would pass on any box ( long range ) gun that did not have a full length aluminum bedding block.  That is the first thing I look at.

It has one.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/bell-carlson-tactical-medalist-style-4-long-range-remington-700-short-action-1001-long-action-stock.html
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
That is one of the things I like about this one-it has that and the stock it comes with is spendy by itself.

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
I've been told in Sportsmen's and Cabela"s that their companies make big enough orders that sometimes they can order a "special run" of certain weapons for their respective company. That may be the case here?  :dunno:
That makes more sense than anything else. Apparently Sportsmens was the only store that has/had them in stainless.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
That makes more sense than anything else. Apparently Sportsmens was the only store that has/had them in stainless.

That is indeed the case. There is a few brands that will do special rifles like that for stores like that. Tikka and Remington are 2 that I know have models that can only be bought at sportsman's.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
I've never trusted those bedding blocks.  Instead I just bed every rifle.   A bedding block is no substitute for a good bed job.  Jme
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 07:42:37 AM »
I've never trusted those bedding blocks.  Instead I just bed every rifle.   A bedding block is no substitute for a good bed job.  Jme

That's sort of what I figured would be the case if you're really going for maximizing accuracy.

Do you automatically bed everything or do you shoot first and bed if needed in this scenario?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »

That's sort of what I figured would be the case if you're really going for maximizing accuracy.

Do you automatically bed everything or do you shoot first and bed if needed in this scenario?

i just bed all my rifles. It's pretty easy and after you get a few under your belt you can do it pretty quick. Tons of videos out there on how to do it. 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal