collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Reintroducing Grizzlies  (Read 33846 times)

Offline Colorado Kid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: Master Hunter of Washington, RMEF
Reintroducing Grizzlies
« on: February 09, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »
I just finished writing my comments and emailing them in about the four different options that are being considered for bringing Grizzlies numbers back in the North Cascades. What ever your opinion is concerning this issue, you should read what the four options that are being considered are, and you should send your comments to make sure they are heard. Option A is a lot different than option D. As hunters we need to be heard when it comes to bringing in more apex hunters. Thank you. 

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Reintroducing Grizzlies
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
Where can I read those options?

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »
I am going to the public comment session next week.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline splitshot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »
   why do we need grizzly bear?  mike w

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 06:26:45 PM »
   why do we need grizzly bear?  mike w

so you don't have to drive so far to shoot one.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:04:53 PM »
I Dout a grizz season is in Washingtons future. This state is headed to a predator pit. I will never support more predators in WA!

Why is this in the sponsors classified?
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline garrett89

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
They don't need re-introduced. They would take up resources from other established critters. Look at what happened when wolves were re-introduced, they are wasting everything in their path. And since they are considered endangered here adding more would give a greater risk for newer people who don't know their bears. Just drop them in the capitol building with Jay Inslee and Bob Ferguson's offices. Seems fair.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »
I've commented. For those attending the hearing, the USFWS and the WDFW lied to us about the impact of wolves on our state and others, and we knew they were lying when the proposal was made. They withheld information regarding echinococcus granulosus and the extent to which the wolves were infected with it. We have no idea what the next decade holds for us regarding wolf population numbers and the effect it'll have on ungulates, household pets, businesses, and our people. For us to import another apex predator before we can figure out how to control the effect of wolves would be an incredibly horrible wildlife management decision.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline garrett89

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
I've commented. For those attending the hearing, the USFWS and the WDFW lied to us about the impact of wolves on our state and others, and we knew they were lying when the proposal was made. They withheld information regarding echinococcus granulosus and the extent to which the wolves were infected with it. We have no idea what the next decade holds for us regarding wolf population numbers and the effect it'll have on ungulates, household pets, businesses, and our people. For us to import another apex predator before we can figure out how to control the effect of wolves would be an incredibly horrible wildlife management decision.
One would think they should eradicate the problem. The people in charge from what I've seen going on in this state are very dumb when it comes to reasoning. E.g. Jay Inslee, Bob Ferguson, and Ed Murray. All of them are morons. If they just kept the stupid ones out of control of things, maybe things will be done with actual facts,reasoning, and tact before any action being takes place.

Offline BlackRiverTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Joel - Owner/Taxidermist
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA, WSTA
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
There are already grizzlies there. Several colleges have been doing studies with wildlife/ecology students. There are bait sites set up in several locations not far from the border, but it is in the North Cascades. These sites are surrounded by barbed wire just high enough off the ground to snag hair from the bears so they can both catalog their DNA as well as 'keep track of them'. Last I heard they have 4-6 confirmed Washington bears that are frequent visitors to the research location (s).
It was the same with the wolves....talk from WDFW spoke about 'reintroducing' a predator species when they already had knowledge, information, and catalog of animals already thriving in the area. They (WDFW) are going to do whatever they are going to do without any input from both the public or sportsman...its total BS.
WWW.blackrivertaxidermy.com
360-789-5056- Joel Swecker-BRT

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »
One would think they should eradicate the problem. The people in charge from what I've seen going on in this state are very dumb when it comes to reasoning. E.g. Jay Inslee, Bob Ferguson, and Ed Murray. All of them are morons. If they just kept the stupid ones out of control of things, maybe things will be done with actual facts,reasoning, and tact before any action being takes place.

When your only real goal is getting re-elected, you pander to the stupid and uninformed.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »
There are already grizzlies there. Several colleges have been doing studies with wildlife/ecology students. There are bait sites set up in several locations not far from the border, but it is in the North Cascades. These sites are surrounded by barbed wire just high enough off the ground to snag hair from the bears so they can both catalog their DNA as well as 'keep track of them'. Last I heard they have 4-6 confirmed Washington bears that are frequent visitors to the research location (s).
It was the same with the wolves....talk from WDFW spoke about 'reintroducing' a predator species when they already had knowledge, information, and catalog of animals already thriving in the area. They (WDFW) are going to do whatever they are going to do without any input from both the public or sportsman...its total BS.
Do you have a source for that?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline BlackRiverTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Joel - Owner/Taxidermist
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA, WSTA
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 12:51:07 PM »
Special T
Yes, two Oregon State Game Wardens (not going to mention names) who I hunted with last year and who were investigating a possible poaching of a Washington grizzly several years ago. There was a taxidermist in Oregon that took a bear in with an unusual story of where it came from. They went to take hair samples of the hide which is how they are able to make charges because of the recorded DNA samples of the bears that were in Washington and being researched by biologists and students. They were very detailed of the tracking/recording practices for the bears in the north cascades. I confirmed this information with a Washington state biologist, he was VERY hesitant to confirm but finally said yes, they are there.
WWW.blackrivertaxidermy.com
360-789-5056- Joel Swecker-BRT

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »
Gotcha wasn't quite what I was getting at. Do you know which collages? I was thinking of it at a way to source documents.  Just by asking because your interesed in the subject or FOIA requests at worst.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
I remember reading about a study some years back that described a very similar setup with the barbed wire.
And yes, it's been acknowledged that a small population exists in the North Cascades.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand