collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WOLF PACK KILLS DOG ! UP DATED TODAY .......  (Read 11644 times)

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
WOLF PACK KILLS DOG ! UP DATED TODAY .......
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:20:49 AM »
Domestic dogs were attacked by 4 wolves around 6 pm on Wednesday night on the 600 block of Burke r.d , just outside of Wallace Idaho . A neighbor reported it to be a rottweiler... Idaho Fish & Game notified residents to shoot and kill the pack if needed...A Mullen resident Barry sadler did not have his dogs attacked by wolves a couple years ago - they chased his daughter threw the front door and Sadler shot and killed the wolves. Regarding Wednesday's attack , the dept said people do not realize the wolves would rather kill & eat the dogs or just kill the dogs because they hate them !!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:30:16 PM by BOWHUNTER45 »

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
Re: WOLF PACK KILLS DOG !
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »
Domestic dogs were attacked by 4 wolves around 6 pm on Wednesday night on the 600 block of Burke r.d , just outside of Wallace Idaho . A neighbor reported it to be a rottweiler... Idaho Fish & Game notified residents to shoot and kill the pack if needed...A Mullen resident Barry sadler did not have his dogs attacked by wolves a couple years ago - they chased his daughter threw the front door and Sadler shot and killed the wolves. Regarding Wednesday's attack , the dept said people do not realize the wolves would rather kill & eat the dogs or just kill the dogs because they hate them !!

This is exactly why I am (and I'd bet a goodly number of other people) are having a hard time with being a part of a legitimate conversation about wolves on this site.  Yes, wolves are a problem - but do we really need to discredit ourselves by exaggerating?  I only have this source, so it may be partial/incomplete... :dunno:

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2008/05/15/idahonewsreader/idaho_newsreader_05_15_08

What would you do if a wolf were attacking your dog?

Barry Sadler sounded like he felt sort of guilty after shooting and killing a wolf that was attacking his dog in Shoshone County.

"I've never shot an animal," Sadler told TV station KXLY. "Never."

The Mullan, Idaho, resident said up to five gray wolves had been circling his home, coming within yards of his front door, before they started attacking one of his dogs.

Josh Stanley with Fish and Game said the gray wolf population in North Idaho is up roughly 30 percent since last year. And this time of year, they can be particularly aggressive, as the females are about to deliver their pups.

Read more here: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2008/05/15/idahonewsreader/idaho_newsreader_05_15_08#storylink=cpy
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
BOWHUNTER45-
What's the source of your story? It appears to be a copy and paste. Apparently they need to get their story straight.
 :chuckle:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline villageidiot

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »
It's clear Idaho Fish and Game people don't know much about wolves to say the females are about to deliver their pups.  Wrong!  They just starting to come into heat and into Feb. then have pups in April, about a 60 day gestation.   They are much more agressive when the females come in heat which is now.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
http://www.shoshonenewspress.com/news/article_26978396-3e0c-11e1-b82c-001871e3ce6c.html

WALLACE — Domestic dogs were attacked by four wolves around 6 p.m. Wednesday night on the 600 block of Burke Road, just outside of Wallace.

One dog died and another sustained a facial bite, said Shoshone County Sheriff Mitch Alexander, and there were many wolf tracks in the area.

Idaho Fish and Game notified residents in the area and informed them that it is legal to shoot the wolf pack.

Mullan resident Barry Sadler didn’t just have his dogs attacked by wolves a few years ago — they chased his daughter into the front door and came right up on his porch.

“They just can't coexist with people,” he said. “It's impossible ... as long as they run wild, they'll continue to kill everything until there's nothing left.”

Sadler shot and killed one of the offending wolves. His wife, who was inside at the time watching out the window, said that while he was lying on his stomach shooting, one was watching him from about 25 feet away.

He said wolves just chew animals up a lot of the time without eating them, and called them “treacherous and filthy.” The percentage of what they kill versus what they eat is less than 10 percent, Sadler said.

Regarding Wednesday’s attack, he said people don’t realize that wolves would rather eat dogs than any other animal.

“They hate each other,” he said. “They’ll kill dogs any chance they get.”

And his dogs have killed wolves themselves — they’ll come up to the porch covered in blood, he said.

Sadler said he’s not a hunter, and at first, the thought of hunting wolves made him sad because they reminded him of dogs. But then he saw what they’re capable of.

“I know God doesn't make mistakes,” he said, “but I tell you what — the fly, the mosquito and the wolf … I don't know what He was thinking when He made those three.”

Calls made to Idaho Fish and Game official Josh Stanley about the attack weren’t immediately returned.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
oh boy it wont be long until sitka blacktail put his 8 cents in  :dunno:, thats just great, is this what we are in for, we already know wolves are very aggressive and are not affraid of humans, and they are going right to people pets and just killn them for somethn to do, wolves dont belong in the lower 48, but the liberal tree huggers wont admitt it until one of them get fricken attacked
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
Great.
The food supply in the Idaho I-90 corridor must be getting a little thin.  Go figure........ 

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »
i think its bs, i hate the fact that in my lifetime eventually wolves will be everywhere. how can a guy run hounds with wolves in the same area? i am all for having no wolves period, as should any hunter. i agree jackmaster, wolves have no place in the lower 48 states.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
 :yeah:
Hey Paul, Ithought you were fishin' today?   :dunno:  If not, get yo butt into work!   :chuckle:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
ALL SHEET !! I am sorry  :rolleyes: I have not become the LINK MASTER YET  :rolleyes: :yike: :hello:

Offline Gobble Gobble

• Proud Daddy & Disabled Veteran
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • B.O.H.I.C.A.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
oh boy it wont be long until sitka blacktail put his 8 cents in  :dunno:, thats just great, is this what we are in for, we already know wolves are very aggressive and are not affraid of humans, and they are going right to people pets and just killn them for somethn to do, wolves dont belong in the lower 48, but the liberal tree huggers wont admitt it until one of them get fricken attacked

Wasn't it 2 years ago a Seattle city council member was attacked by a bear in his driveway after it first went after his dog? I believe the tree huggers said it was a result of human’s encroaching on the animal’s territory. I'm sure they will say the same thing when someone is attacked or killed by a wolf.
God Bless,
Scott

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
Personally I think Mr. and Mrs. Sadler are full of it, but what do I know.  I can tell you their dogs have not killed any wolves and the whole following the daughter on the porch is embellishment at it's finest.  Did they have wolves kill and injure their dogs, that I bet is 100% certain, the rest of it is a crock, IMNSHO.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »
Machias,

Agreed, much more likely the dogs killed a deer than a wolf.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »
Ya if his dogs went out and attacked a wolf they wouldnt of came back to the porch.  When wolves will kill a whole pack of hounds at the tree, one or two dogs alone wouldnt have a chance.  We were hound hunting back in the north fork of the clearwater one time and put after a bear and when we  got back to the truck there were wolf tracks circling the truck trying to get at the dog that was still in the box.

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
I am on the fence. I have seen a pack of wolves from the gondola going up silver mt. The wolves were not 200 yds from a block of houses in town.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]