collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 14 Years Later 9-11-2001  (Read 16910 times)

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
14 Years Later 9-11-2001
« on: September 11, 2015, 04:46:57 AM »
Never Forget
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU
I was a 13 Year old boy. I did not understand the gravity of the heinous attack committed that day. It took weeks for me to begin to understand what had happened to my beloved Country. A deep burning hatred unlike any emotion I ever felt was ignited, It burns with the searing wrath that demands retribution. I became aware of the evils that still exist in this world, things more tangible than the pages of my history books. I vowed to become a soldier and strike back. Looking back I wish I would have done more. I sit hear typing this with hot tears in my eyes goose bumps on my arms and I am trembling with rage. Not just on this anniversary do I have these feelings either.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:04:31 AM by JJB11B »
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: 14 Years Later 9-11-2001
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:42 AM »
A total of 4,491 U.S. service members were killed in Iraq between 2003 and 2014. As of June 10, 2015, there have been 2,361 U.S. military deaths in the War in Afghanistan. 1,852 of these deaths have been the result of hostile action. 20,051 American service members have also been wounded in action during the war. In addition, there were 1,173 U.S. civilian contractor fatalities
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline tonymoe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Goatrocksadventures.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:37:39 AM »
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I share the same hatred feelings as you (we all do). I remember it like yesterday! I was at work and we all watched it unfold on breaking news. I still have the front page of the Columbian newspaper from the following day with the burning towers on it.
I remember calling my wife (girlfriend then) and telling her if I was a little younger I would walk straight into the recruitment center and asked where to sign!

Thank you all who have served to make our lives better! I salute you with the most respect that one can give!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:49:31 AM by tonymoe »

Online birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:43:45 AM »
yea and what great timing for Obama to say he is taking in 10K of these "humans' next year!!! well done Mr President!
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline XAFSSGT

• The Nice Guy from HR
  • Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Wannabe Bowhunter with an MBA
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »
14 years ago, I turned the corner to go line my flight up to march them to class (like I had done every morning for months), and everyone was crowded around the TV in the student squadron at USAFSAM. I pushed my way to the front to tell everyone to go outside, and that's when they were showing the 2nd tower being hit. It's as vivid and surreal today, as it was then. Never forget!
-Darrell

“We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shirking the rough work which must always be done.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 08:47:49 AM »
I was returning from a hunt near Deadhorse Alaska.  Just coming back into radio reception outside Anchorage when we heard the news.  Thought it was some kind of joke or something on the radio until we got to Anchorage and saw the news on TV and saw the planes hit.  We had been driving all night and just couldn't believe it.  The memories of that day are still as vivid as yesterday....
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Online birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »
I was returning from a hunt near Deadhorse Alaska.  Just coming back into radio reception outside Anchorage when we heard the news.  Thought it was some kind of joke or something on the radio until we got to Anchorage and saw the news on TV and saw the planes hit.  We had been driving all night and just couldn't believe it.  The memories of that day are still as vivid as yesterday....

I was at sea on the Alert Ballistic Missile Submarine in the Pacific ... DEFCON level not seen since the Cuban missile crisis....will never forget....
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline XAFSSGT

• The Nice Guy from HR
  • Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Wannabe Bowhunter with an MBA
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
I was at sea on the Alert Ballistic Missile Submarine in the Pacific ... DEFCON level not seen since the Cuban missile crisis....will never forget....

It had been so long since we went to THREATCON (now FPCON) Delta, that ground units CONUS and in garrison weren't sure how to react for a few hours.  It was a mess getting everything locked down.
-Darrell

“We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shirking the rough work which must always be done.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 10:05:02 AM »
RIP.  Never forget.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »
I was an E-2 private sitting in basic training at the CQ desk on Ft. Benning GA. It was time for me to return to my barracks and I went in to tell the DS that I was going upstairs. They were all crowded around a T.V. I watched the live footage as the second plane hit tower 2. They noticed me and told me to get lost. I ran upstairs and informed my platoon that we were under attack.

I'll never forget that day. I was there when it all changed. We had a company formation and TOP came out and the first thing he said was "We will be going to war. Some of you will die." it all changed that day. The training was for real. The threat was real. Everything was serious. Some of the sissy boys that joined for college money ran off that night. I think we had 11 people from the company go AWOL. Those of us who joined for the right reasons were staying, we were mad, we were hungry for revenge. We trained with fury in our hearts and flames in our eyes. We wanted to go.

Life had other plans for me and 2 weeks before I was to ship out over seas I was seriously injured in auto accident. I never got to go. I stayed home while my brothers went to fight. I lost a friend and member of my squad. We lost others. It haunts me to this day. The guilt of not being able to go fight and pay back any of the pain that was dealt to my country, to my friends. I have a deep burning hatred for those that are responsible for this act which set into motion the wars in which so many lives were lost. I wish only for the hottest fires of hell for all who follow the evil path of terrorism. Damn them, damn them all to hell. 

Never forget!!!

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the memorial this summer while I was in NY. It was emotional. It is beautiful and worthy of those who's lives it represents.
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline viva_che1363

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
I to was a little young to fully grasp what was happening but remember watching all the plane get rerouted back thinking about every time i had been on a plane and the person sitting next to me, all the wasted lives. to this day my biggest regret is not getting my crap together and joining the military and demanding some retribution. RIP

at lest God has a sense of humor...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34226003
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline whitey

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • thank a soldier
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »
We (Grave Yard shift) where sitting having a beer and playing pool when someone shouts a plane just hit the towers. I thought its only a little airplane. Then they showed the clip, I almost threw up. I couldnt believe my eyes. Then what followed the first event was mind blowing.
I did make it back last year to New York and went to ground zero and it was pretty emotional.
If a person didnt get a little shook up they wouldnt be right.
Never forget and I cannot forgive.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
I still can't watch the shows about that day without tearing up and then my blood boils a little more.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:56:45 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]