collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: firstlite  (Read 8477 times)

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
firstlite
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
Anyone have any experience with firstlite clothing? Looks like good stuff at a  good price, thinkin about buyin some merino wool baselayers.

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: firstlite
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »
I have one of the tops, I believe the llano, i have worn it a couple times. So far so good. Seems to be well made. I tried the pants but they were a no go, the fit was terrible, way to snug and tight. Sizes aren't as advertised for the pants, so I returned them and bought a different brand. If you buy some pants I would look at buying a couple size bigger unless you are a real scrawny guy.

Offline fillthefreezer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:49:33 AM »
my wife wears it, they fit her well but as has been said before, they are snug fitting. soft, not itchy. they seem to be holding up ok. they are very lightweight too.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
I have mostly Kuiu base layers but I have tried their vest and the 2011 kanab pants.  The fit on the 2011 kanab pants did require you to size up but as any great, young innovative company would do, they have completely redesigned the fit for the 2012 model.  No longer necessary to size up.  They are great September pant and were quite durable.
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline CoyoteCowboy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »
loved the branding and patterns (ASAT) and the merino wool as it is a natural performance fabric. i like an athletic fit so the pants fit me well and didn't bunch at the ankles and work mud up my legs. however, i blew out a seam on my first hunt. customer service could have been better as i am still waiting on my new pair...

the tops (camas) were WAY too big and i had to return.

merino wool is the best in the backcountry. period.

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:31:01 PM »
I have mostly Kuiu base layers but I have tried their vest and the 2011 kanab pants.  The fit on the 2011 kanab pants did require you to size up but as any great, young innovative company would do, they have completely redesigned the fit for the 2012 model.  No longer necessary to size up.  They are great September pant and were quite durable.

The pants I bought were supposedly the new 2012s and they were still running small...

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
I bought a set of the 2011 kanabs on clearance, I did order the XL after hearing about the sizing issue. But I prefer a loose fit, after trying them on the XL fit very good for me, but I could have easily dropped a size as well. Depends on how you like your fit.  :dunno:  I like them so far but September will be the real test! And will determine if they replace the predator or microtex. For the price I wont be disapointed either way.

I like the fit, the suspenders, and the material is comfy and so far has performed as advertised. Wish the leg pockets were bigger.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 05:42:44 AM »

The pants I bought were supposedly the new 2012s and they were still running small...

When did you receive the pants?  They didn't start shipping the 2012s until early July of this year.
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »
 :yeah:

I just got my pants and they are comfortable. I'm 6' 210 and the large were true to size. I must be becoming and old man cause i like the elastic in the back and the suspenders. Last Saturday Saylean and i put on a couple miles mid day checking a game cam and even in the heat they breathed well.

On sunday tried out the boxers on a 6 mile run. They were a little warm but they dried out fast and were very comfortable.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:25 PM »

When did you receive the pants?  They didn't start shipping the 2012s until early July of this year.

I bought them back in the spring, so they must not have been 2012s. I wonder if any of the local sporting good stores are going to start selling there gear. It sucks buying online to find out what you bought doesn't fit.

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »
:yeah:

I just got my pants and they are comfortable. I'm 6' 210 and the large were true to size. I must be becoming and old man cause i like the elastic in the back and the suspenders. Last Saturday Saylean and i put on a couple miles mid day checking a game cam and even in the heat they breathed well.

On sunday tried out the boxers on a 6 mile run. They were a little warm but they dried out fast and were very comfortable.

Did the camo seem faded at all? The pair I sent back seemed to be real faded as well as to small but it sounds like they fixed the sizing issue.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 07:03:41 AM »
None of my camo seemed faded... if it had i would have had it sent back. I bought mine through Riverside Archery Mount Vernon... I did have to order it but i believe that was only because First Lite hadnt sent out any 2012 product yet.

Where the pants made with rip stop its a slight checkered pattern that you can see in the pant?

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
Yeah they were made of the rip stop material. Only the pants were faded, I have read a some reviews stating the same thing about the fading look but that must have been in there 2011 line. The llano I bought was great no fading or sizing issues. I'll have to pick up another pair of there pants and see how they work out.

Offline hirshey

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
I'm waiting to get the new pants.. The old ones were great but not at all durable.. Didn't last a season. All other layers were wonderful. Overall I like the brand, but expensive pants if they only last a season. I'll report again at the end of this season. :)
I am not opposed to golf, for I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering deer.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
I hope they last more then a season for the price! When Sitka first came out they had ASAT and those pants only lasted a year too.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]