collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I wanna donate my decoys to a young hunter!!!  (Read 13180 times)

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
I wanna donate my decoys to a young hunter!!!
« on: September 09, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »
I have an add on here for 8 brand new floater geese and a whole bag of duck decoys for sale. After thinking about it I wanna give them to a young hunter, becuase i know when I was young i couldnt afford them.

The geese are brand new and so are half the ducks.  Probably 30 plus duck decoys. All of the decoys are rigged up and ready to hunt.

So after thinking about it, I would like any young hunter interested to post a write up on this thread, on why you love hunting and tell us about yourself. I will read though and maybe bearpaw or one of the mods can help and we can give them to someone that really deserves them. I know the times are tough for some folks and this sure would lighten up any hunters day.

So lets hear your story's.  I live in tri cites area and somehow some way can get these to the hunter that deserves them the most..

approx value new is around 400.00 - 500.00 bucks..

I will be moving to florida the day after elk season and just dont wanna pack them with me...

Time to bring hunt-wa back to what it should be...

RTSPRING
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
Re: I wanna donate my decoys to a young hunter!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Wow. Awesome post. Good for you. I know a kid that is getting into duck and goose hunting, and his dad does not support him finnancially. He just turned 16  :dunno: Is he to old?
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »
BTW he counts as a youth this year because he bought his licsense when he was 15. He has to pay for everything himself which I feel bad for him for. I try to help him out as much as I can (I gave him some fishing lures today, and bought his fishing licsense), but I don't have much myself. He is very nice and grateful. My safe is permanetly locked with my shotgun inside, and he is kind enough to let me use his tomorrow for the goose opening since he has school.
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
Id say anyone under 18 is where we wanna be here....boy or girl...
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
Boy. He also is getting one of his friends into hunting who is 17. He (the 17 year old)will start this year.   J.D. (the other kid I was talking about who is letting me use his shotgun) started last year.

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Looks like I am to late. I have a 15 year old that wants to hunt ducks so bad, but I am not a duck hunter, other birds yes, ducks no. Maybe we could get some boys out on a youth hunt.

Offline crow killer

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »
Hey, thanks for doing this donation to all the young hunters!! My name is Michael and I'm addicted to duck hunting and I would love to have some new goose floaters and duck decoys espacialy because we just got a new duck boat and we don't have any floaters so it would be really cool if I got this!

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:01 AM »
Wow, that's cool RT.

Great way to support our new hunters. Way to go  :tup:
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 05:44:38 AM »
Very nice offer, sorry to hear you have to move, hope its a positive thing for you.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline WA hunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:12 AM »
My name is Evan I'm 15 years old. I have been duck or geese hunting a few times and am trying to get into it,  but its kind of hard because mybdad isn't a waterfowl hunter and now I am at.nmy uncle is here I am going deer hunting I will finish thisnlater

Offline Carl

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »
RT, what a bighearted offer you’re making.  I think your generous donation to a youth will not only have an impact on him/her, but their friends and family.  :tup:

This is just the kind of gesture that warms hearts and will probably serve as an impetus for more of us to do these things.

I have a relative in NC that heads-up a sportsman’s group that takes kids out hunting and fishing (free). These kids, for one reason or another, would probably never have an opportunity to do these things. This gets kids into our sport and out of trouble.  And very importantly, teaches them how to hunt responsively.

Of course, YOU will be spoken of for years to come.  They will tell their grandkids “when I was a kid, this gentleman, that I didn’t even know, gave me decoys that I could never afford to buy”. 

I’m also sure your gesture will not stop with the recipient of your generosity.  I’ll bet he will do the same thing when he’s able.

Hats-off to you for getting something like this started.    :tup:

Carl

Offline Carl

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 07:08:52 AM »
   :hello: 
AND, I think it should be a stipulation in your offer that the recipient has to take out guys on this forum that don’t have decoys themselves!   :chuckle:

Offline WA hunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
As I was saying I'm wat that spot where my parents are expecting me to pay for more of my own stuff like lisciences and ammo and I am not old enough to get a steady job(not old enough to drive) so I dont make much and haven't been able to buybdecoys yet and really get into waterfowl hunting. If you decide to donate themnto me it would be much appreciated in helping me become a waterfowl hunter and I promise to post pictures of the ducks and geese :tup:

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:44 AM »
Nicely done RT! :tup:
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline idahewes

• Pilgrim
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »
my name is austin i am 11 years old;and i like to hunt because of the adrenaline and spending time with family and friends. i like to play baseball and football, i was picked to be on my cities all star team for baseball. i would apreciate the decoys because we don't have any. i really like to duck hunt but we always have to go with our friend because he has the decoys we use so we don't get to go that often.

BYE, FROM: AUSTIN

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal