collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Are electronic decoys legal now?  (Read 12881 times)

Offline Ned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Are electronic decoys legal now?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
You can use electronic decoys on a Indian land

On the Yakima res you can.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
Six years ago a handicap hunter I know bought a muzzy at Walmart in Mount Vernon. The darn thing was not legal in this state. He tried to take it back and they wouldnt do it because it was a firearm. He asked the guy if it was legal and that he wanted to hunt this state. Oh ya the guy said.
He called me up because I manage a big C store to ask me what he should do. I called the Manager and he told me the same thing no refund. I called the mother ship and made a big deal about Walmart taking advantage of a disabled hunter.
Next day he got a call from the same manager telling him to bring it back and the would refund his money.

It is tough on the guys who go in blind not knowing really whats up.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline marlin

• Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 05:45:30 AM »
Why cant people just read the regulations and find out what is legal for themselves.. Read the hunting and fishing regs, read the rcw's, read the federal laws.. Instead of getting mad that Cabela's sells lumenok's, mechanical broadheads, modern muzzleloader's, rifles and handguns in calibers that arent legal to hunt with, etc. Here's an idea about the modern muzzleloader thing, Felons can purchase them, because by federal law, they are NOT considered a firearm.. So if a felon wants to hunt in modern firearm season, thats how they would do it.. Or, someone might just want to buy one just because they can.. I have guns that are for hunting, and I also have guns that are just for fun. Just saying.
 I just feel like people need to know how to find these things out, go to wdfw website, or read the printed version. Like if you carry a concealed pistol, you should inform yourself of the RCW's and what is and isnt legal.. If youre going hunting.. Same thing applies, learn the laws.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »
Here's an idea about the modern muzzleloader thing, Felons can purchase them, because by federal law, they are NOT considered a firearm.. So if a felon wants to hunt in modern firearm season, thats how they would do it

Not true.

While they may not be defined as a firearm by federal law, they ARE a firearm by state law. Felons can only hunt with archery equipment. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
Here's an idea about the modern muzzleloader thing, Felons can purchase them, because by federal law, they are NOT considered a firearm.. So if a felon wants to hunt in modern firearm season, thats how they would do it

Not true.

While they may not be defined as a firearm by federal law, they ARE a firearm by state law. Felons can only hunt with archery equipment. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is.
I agree that someone restricted from handling firearms cannot handle a muzzeloader. A case can be made that federal law also considers them to be firearms:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921

(3)The term “firearm” means
(A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;

Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Oldguy

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
This was a hot button issue when the Tulalip Cabela's opened.  Apparently when they open a store corprate sends X,Y, and Z to each store for initial stocking of the shelves.  Not realizing electronic decoys were illegal here that is what happened.  My guess is that yes people buy them for out of state hunting but that they may have some left over from opening as well.

Do you suppose that Cabela's might have noted that there were a lot of Canadian customers purchasing electronic decoys at the Lacey store and figured that Tulalip store being closer to the border might sell a few also?

Offline doublenasty

• Tracker
  • QUACK,QUACK BOOM!!!!!
    • https://www.facebook.com/Doublenasty17
Are electronic decoys legal now?
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »
They are illegal the only thing I'm reading is you can use electronic coyote calls and decoys in wa!! Nowhere does It say duck decoys and calls!!!!!!

This message is not supported by Obama's campaign!!

Supported by the "EAD" obama!!!!
EAD=eat a dick

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
They are illegal the only thing I'm reading is you can use electronic coyote calls and decoys in wa!! Nowhere does It say duck decoys and calls!!!!!!

This message is not supported by Obama's campaign!!

Supported by the "EAD" obama!!!!
EAD=eat a dick

This is pretty clear:

Decoy Restrictions
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO:
• Place waterfowl decoys prior to
4:00 a.m.; allow or permit waterfowl
decoys to be unattended or not in
your immediate control for a period
greater than one hour; or fail to remove
waterfowl decoys within two hours after
the close of established daily hunting
hours on days open to waterfowl
hunting on department owned or
controlled lands, waters, or access areas.
• Place waterfowl decoys on lands or
waters controlled by WDFW except as
authorized by permit of the director, on
days closed to waterfowl hunting on
department owned or controlled lands,
waters, or access areas.
• Hunt waterfowl or wild turkeys using
live birds as decoys.
Hunt waterfowl, turkey, or deer with the
use or aid of battery-powered or other
electronic devices as decoys.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Atroxus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »
Cabelas also sells illuminoks, and mechanical broadheads here...like someone else said they are a national chain, it's up to us to know which of their products will get us fined/arrested.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »
Why cant people just read the regulations and find out what is legal for themselves.. Read the hunting and fishing regs, read the rcw's, read the federal laws.. Instead of getting mad that Cabela's sells lumenok's, mechanical broadheads, modern muzzleloader's, rifles and handguns in calibers that arent legal to hunt with, etc. Here's an idea about the modern muzzleloader thing, Felons can purchase them, because by federal law, they are NOT considered a firearm.. So if a felon wants to hunt in modern firearm season, thats how they would do it.. Or, someone might just want to buy one just because they can.. I have guns that are for hunting, and I also have guns that are just for fun. Just saying.
 I just feel like people need to know how to find these things out, go to wdfw website, or read the printed version. Like if you carry a concealed pistol, you should inform yourself of the RCW's and what is and isnt legal.. If youre going hunting.. Same thing applies, learn the laws.

You may be right, but in the time it took you to put him down for asking, you could've answered or even supplied a link to the answer on the WDFW page. Is it really all that inconvenient for us to lead a guy in the right direction? No, it isn't.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »

You may be right, but in the time it took you to put him down for asking, you could've answered or even supplied a link to the answer on the WDFW page. Is it really all that inconvenient for us to lead a guy in the right direction? No, it isn't.
The statement about muzzleloaders is not correct. In Washington they are considered firearms.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
I can buy a car that goes well over a 100 mph, but you show me where in the US I can legally drive that fast.  Pretty disingenous to blame it on retailers if they carry a product that you cannot legally use in this state.

Piano,

I like to help people out every chance I get, but it sure gets frustrating and old when people just get on here and ask about regulations instead of trying to find the answer for themselves FIRST!  I don't just give my kids the answer to their homework, I make them figure it out and then make sure they did it correctly.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
Cabelas has a standard load from any store.  It gets loaded with products like any store.  It is up to the consumer to know if it is legal or not.  I guess if you cannot read or cannot read English you can claim to be a ignorant in court and get it thrown out.
275 down 2

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »

Not true.

Felons also have the option of keeping out of trouble so they can petition to get their firearms rights reinstated. :twocents:
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
I can buy a car that goes well over a 100 mph, but you show me where in the US I can legally drive that fast.  Pretty disingenous to blame it on retailers if they carry a product that you cannot legally use in this state.

Piano,

I like to help people out every chance I get, but it sure gets frustrating and old when people just get on here and ask about regulations instead of trying to find the answer for themselves FIRST!  I don't just give my kids the answer to their homework, I make them figure it out and then make sure they did it correctly.
I agree. If someone has done something to try and get the answer first, they're more likely to get help. Regulations can be complicated and confusing, but many are straightforward.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by timberghost72
[Today at 08:55:00 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101