collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire  (Read 418954 times)

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2024, 11:42:42 AM »
Sounds like a great State Job.

"work independently with little or no direction provided"

lol

Offline nwmein199

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2024, 01:05:28 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a 16 year old looking to work but can't seem to find a job in the greater Graham, WA area.  Granted, he has scheduling issues at times due to baseball, but he is a hard worker and pretty stout at 6'2"/230lbs, in case that is a need.

Craigslist/offer up/facebook market place for labor gigs. Clean gutters, pressure washing, lawn mowing, ditch digging, move gravel, clean horse stalls, painting,. Post up things you are willing to do. Look at the craigslist "gig-labor" section for people looking for some labor. I kept myself very busy doing that in high school and college. Also have him ask family/friends/neighbors if they need any labor work done. Back in high school I went to a couple gravel/bark suppliers and asked them to hand out my number if a customer was looking for someone good with a shovel and wheelbarrow. Come March, advertise mulching/thatching services on craigslist (homeowner rents equipment).

Online WoolSocks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2024, 10:36:59 AM »
Looking to talk with/shadow small business owners. I see some small-bis folks on here looking for workers, so I figured you guys might be willing to let me learn from you.

Hereís the story.

My grandpa worked in the cooperate world for 15 years (for a gas company), then cut ties and started his own successful small business (as a store owner). Iím finding myself in the same boat- meaning Iíd like to start a small business of some sort.

A little about me. I support a family of 4, one of which has disabilities that are a bit pricy to deal with. Thatís made me a fairly driven guy. I have worked in the architecture/construction industry for about 15 years and have done well at a large company. Good resume, couple of masters degrees, leadership role, etc. But I have the itch to get out on my own and build something from scratch. I have the financial and people skills to do it, but would like to see what itís like day-to-day.

Iíd love to shadow, or even just talk with any small business owners out there. Reading books, writing business plans and gathering data is one thing, but thereís no substitute for seeing the real thing.

Businesses in any industry are great, but a couple of qualifiers:
-Iím interested in businesses that involve spending time with normal people. My career now is pretty highbrow, looking to get away from that.
-I hope this comes across ok - I need to talk with folks who have been fairly financially successful. I need to know what that looks like and the work that goes into it. Iím not greedy - just responsible for a family.

Should add that Iím not looking for partners, just advice. Most of the profits from this thing will go toward my disabled kid while my wife and I continue to live modestly. Iím happy as a clam doing that, but itís my job, not anyone elseís. 

Happy to just chat on the phone, come by your business, or even spend a day helping you out with something. My number is (919) 800-1311, or you can PM me here and Iíll get back to you quickly.

Thanks!
Jeff

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2024, 10:52:06 AM »
You might have good luck telling folks your preferred area?

Online Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2024, 11:03:04 AM »
Looking to talk with/shadow small business owners. I see some small-bis folks on here looking for workers, so I figured you guys might be willing to let me learn from you.

Hereís the story.

My grandpa worked in the cooperate world for 15 years (for a gas company), then cut ties and started his own successful small business (as a store owner). Iím finding myself in the same boat- meaning Iíd like to start a small business of some sort.

A little about me. I support a family of 4, one of which has disabilities that are a bit pricy to deal with. Thatís made me a fairly driven guy. I have worked in the architecture/construction industry for about 15 years and have done well at a large company. Good resume, couple of masters degrees, leadership role, etc. But I have the itch to get out on my own and build something from scratch. I have the financial and people skills to do it, but would like to see what itís like day-to-day.

Iíd love to shadow, or even just talk with any small business owners out there. Reading books, writing business plans and gathering data is one thing, but thereís no substitute for seeing the real thing.

Businesses in any industry are great, but a couple of qualifiers:
-Iím interested in businesses that involve spending time with normal people. My career now is pretty highbrow, looking to get away from that.
-I hope this comes across ok - I need to talk with folks who have been fairly financially successful. I need to know what that looks like and the work that goes into it. Iím not greedy - just responsible for a family.

Should add that Iím not looking for partners, just advice. Most of the profits from this thing will go toward my disabled kid while my wife and I continue to live modestly. Iím happy as a clam doing that, but itís my job, not anyone elseís. 

Happy to just chat on the phone, come by your business, or even spend a day helping you out with something. My number is (919) 800-1311, or you can PM me here and Iíll get back to you quickly.

Thanks!
Jeff

I just got out of owning a small construction business. PM me if you'd like to talk, got out of it to move away from this state. Wouldn't do it again honestly, but that's a personal preference on my situation. It takes ALOT of time, especially when starting.

Online WoolSocks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2024, 11:55:41 AM »
You might have good luck telling folks your preferred area?

Iím between Seattle and Everett. But also understand people in my area may not wanna ďshow the ropesĒ to potential competition. Willing to drive a bit.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal