collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2013 Hunt-WA Summer BBQ!!  (Read 167602 times)

Offline Fishstiq

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
2013 Hunt-WA Summer BBQ!!
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
Alright, mark your calendars folks!  We are all set for hosting a BBQ this summer! 

When: June 29th, feel free to arrive anytime after 10:00 am.  Later arrivals are welcome as well of course, as we are planning on an all-day picnic and BBQ type thing. 

Where:  Outside Granite Falls.  If you are planning on attending, pm me and I'll send you my address and phone #.

The Plan:  Potluck-style get together.  This event will be family friendly, so kids and S/O's are absolutely welcome!  Please post up what you think you will bring food-wise and when you plan on arriving so we can keep the feed trough full!  Of course, game meat and home grown fruits and veggies are awesome, and maybe we will get lucky and someone will have a spring bear to share!

Other stuff:  There will be an archery range available, and I will have archery tic-tac-toe, archery poker, and "Dartchery" (darts, but with bows and a big@$$ dartboard) ready to go.  There will be a campfire after dark in the evening, so bring lawn chairs!  Anyone wanting to stay overnight is welcome, I can put up a few folks on couches and floors and there is plenty of room for tents outside.  If you are travelling a long ways or sip a few too many beverages, please take me up on this and leave when it's safe for everyone!

Still Needed:  Ideas for games and contests, if people want to.  3 legged races, frisbee, water balloon toss, stuff like that.  Not everyone can compete in the D-Rock toss.  Also, prizes for said games.

I will be updating this post as needed with attendees, events, and all that good stuff.  Let me know who's in, and your thoughts on games/prizes/whatever.  Alright, who's in?   :IBCOOL: :tup: :hello:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:03:58 PM by Fishstiq »
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Hunt-WA Summer BBQ & Get-Together
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
Rasbo's been hosting the HuntWA BBQ for the last 4 years. He'd said he wanted to do it again this year at his new place. Do you want to get in touch with him about this?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
The catfish trip is also in June  :dunno:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Rasbo's been hosting the HuntWA BBQ for the last 4 years. He'd said he wanted to do it again this year at his new place. Do you want to get in touch with him about this?

uh....  oops?  Well dang, no one mentioned that in the other threads where we talked about this get together.  Wasn't trying to step on any toes. 

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,116815.0.html

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:03:19 PM by Fishstiq »
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline Jerome

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »
I think its a good idea to start a northend bbq. 

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »
Is there such a thing as to many get together/BBQ's??

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
Damn, I'm getting married that weekend. I wonder if she'd be willing to move it back a week?  :yike:     :bdid:   :chuckle: :chuckle: I'll see you all at the crab outing on July 20.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »
Well be wherever, whenever. :chuckle: bring on the bbq/outings.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:58:01 PM »
Ripper just get married at the BBQ  :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »
I'd like to try and make it.
Sounds like a good time.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »
Damn, I'm getting married that weekend. I wonder if she'd be willing to move it back a week?  :yike:     :bdid:   :chuckle: :chuckle: I'll see you all at the crab outing on July 20.

If she isn't, then you know you need to make it! :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
Re: Rasbo Approved Hunt-WA Summer BBQ & Get-Together
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »
Okay, I talked to Rasbo, and due to being waaayyy too busy, he will not be hosting a bbq this year.  He also said that, although a funny looking guy, he is very, VERY handsome when standing next to pianoman9701.  He said to let everyone know he is still alive, but won't be near a computer or anything for another month or so.

Pman, thanks for the heads up and for putting me in touch with Rasbo.  I'm glad everything seems to be working out.

So, the bbq is on, who's in?  By my count, Camo Queen has to show because she is bringing chili.  Russ Mcdonald has to show because he is MC'ing the event.  Buckmark has to show because he is bringing the cow.  D-Rock has to show because people are throwing him.  H2Ohunter has to show because he wants to drive the tractor.  Lokidog has to show because he wanted to volunteer my place before I did.  Goldeneye has to show, with or without a javelin, because the downrigger ball toss was his idea.  Eli346 has to show because I'm within 150 miles of Olympia.  Cascade Fisher has to show because he said he would and if you say you will then you have to so there!  Double J has to show to run the first aid booth.  Carl has to show because he is singing the National Anthem before we begin.  Smossy has to show because yes, wives are absolutely welcome.  Maligator has to show because June. 

Who else?

― Samuel Adams

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »
MCing really how did I get roped into that  :dunno: i don't remember saying i would do that...but I am in for sure.  The wife and I will be there.  Pending that I am not on a fire somewhere in the country side.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline xd2005

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
Any discussion of doing regional events/picnics all on the same day? Like south Puget sound, SW Wa, central wa, and eastern wa?

Offline Fishstiq

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
MCing really how did I get roped into that  :dunno: i don't remember saying i would do that...but I am in for sure.  The wife and I will be there.  Pending that I am not on a fire somewhere in the country side.

Uh.....  Yep, you did!

Now, since Russ brought up the idea of this get together.   I take it he will be the MC for the event and also a leading competitor?
MC sure competitor might take some liquid incouragement for that  :chuckle: :chuckle:

― Samuel Adams

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal