collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington Governors Moose Tag  (Read 18170 times)

Offline HoofsandWings

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • RETIRED
Re: Washington Governors Moose Tag
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
Maybe this has been mentioned in an earlier post. If you are the loser in an auction, you get to keep the money.
If you are a loser in a raffle, you do not get to keep the money.
Gathering is easy. Hunting is a challenge.
WSF, WCA, RMEF, Rooster Booster, NWTF, NRA

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
It was great to see the guys bid so much for the tag and raise some money.
I agree Carpsniper too many people loose sight that this money goes back into conservation that benefits all of us.

Gee, maybe the state should auction off every tag it sells to get top dollar for conservation needs. Why stop at one? 

And if you have enough money, you should be able to bid on as many tags as you want or your bank account can afford. If you aren't rich enough to bid on tags, you don't deserve to hunt, you slackers! Hunting opportunities should only go to those with the most money. This state is going that way anyway with all the different fees they charge.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline 6x6in6

• Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
I agree Carpsniper too many people loose sight that this money goes back into conservation that benefits all of us.

Gee, maybe the state should auction off every tag it sells to get top dollar for conservation needs. Why stop at one? 

And if you have enough money, you should be able to bid on as many tags as you want or your bank account can afford. If you aren't rich enough to bid on tags, you don't deserve to hunt, you slackers! Hunting opportunities should only go to those with the most money. This state is going that way anyway with all the different fees they charge.
Have a bad morning Sitka?

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2013, 01:01:25 AM »

Naw, just surprised at how easily some give in to the idea that hunting should be turned into a rich man's pass time. Give an inch, soon it's a foot, and before you know it it's a mile.

Then I get this e-mail today.

Dear Permit Applicant,

Some timber companies in western Washington have recently announced plans to begin requiring permits and charging fees to hunt on private forestlands where these access restrictions were not previously in place. We are notifying you to make sure you are aware of these changes, which may be a consideration in applying for special hunting permits this year.

The five game management units currently affected by new access requirements are GMUs 501, 506, 530, 672 and 667. Your special permit application history shows that you have previously applied for a special hunting permit in one or more of these areas.

If you plan to submit hunt choices for deer or elk in any of these areas this year, we advise that you check timber company websites or hotlines for more information on the new requirements before you submit your special permit application. The deadline for submitting a special permit application this year is May 22.

In recent years, WDFW has made a concerted effort to work with private timber companies throughout the state to expand hunter access to commercial timberlands. However, while we've been successful in a number of areas, WDFW does not have the legal authority to regulate private landowners' decisions about restricting access or charging fees to hunt on their land.

Sincerely,

WDFW
Wildlife Program
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:45 AM »
The money from the auction and raffle tags mostly go into designated funds for the species that they were sold for. The only ones that don't are the multi-species raffle tags, that money goes into the wildlife account to be used as the WDFW sees fit. The money in the designated funds can only be used on the animal species that they were bought for, the kicker is that the money can only be spent with legislative approval.

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2013, 05:01:04 AM »

Naw, just surprised at how easily some give in to the idea that hunting should be turned into a rich man's pass time. Give an inch, soon it's a foot, and before you know it it's a mile.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I just don't see where all the screw the little guy things are happening.  You have one tag for the rich or seriously determined, three tags for the gamblers and 82 - 150 tags for the average Joe in the general draw. 

I would like to see WDFW put more wardens on the payroll.  This state has been run worse in the past.  I don't see a huge amount of waste other than wolf and cougar studies that seem to make no sense.  But I have seen states throw hunters money away in worse ways than Washington state.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal