collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Dirty Dozen: Groups That Have Taken Action to Prevent Hunting and Trapping  (Read 40192 times)

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough

From the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance:

http://www.ussportsmen.org/hunting/the-dirty-dozen-2/

"The Dirty Dozen

Posted on January 3, 2013

There are groups that undermine and manipulate systems across America to end hunting, trapping and fishing. These same “less-than-honest” groups also often then exploit wildlife and conservation issues in the name of raising dollars for their devious causes. Here are a dozen organizations that have taken efforts in the past year to prevent you from hunting or trapping:

1)    Humane Society of the United States (HSUS): After losing an effort to have the chairman of California’s Game Commission removed because he went legally hunting for mountain lions in another state, HSUS then pushed legislation to end the hunting of bears and bobcats with hounds in California. HSUS has also threatened to sue to stop wolf hunting in the Western Great Lakes region. Shame on them.

2)     Center for Biological Diversity: This group has repeatedly sued the federal government to end the use of traditional hunting ammunition through attempts to ban lead. This ban would also apply to fishing tackle and would affect all sportsmen and women. The group’s information is based on flawed details about lead and bullets. The CBD is also working—and suing—to stop Western Great Lakes region wolf hunting seasons.

3)     People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA): This radical animal rights group issued a request for its minions across America to break established hunter harassment laws. PETA urged followers to interfere with hunts by protesting, spreading human hair, and other unlawful acts.

4)     Defenders of Wildlife: This group has been working to end wolf management in Wyoming and misguiding the public on the truth about overpopulated Yellowstone wolves.  Defenders of Wildlife has filed a number of anti-hunting lawsuits and often seeks to recoup its legal costs for the suits from taxpayers.

5)     Sierra Club: This group’s board of directors worked for—and implemented—a policy officially opposing all trapping. The Sierra Club also tried to end a decades old elk hunt on public land in Wyoming.

6)     The Fund for Animals: They have threatened to sue to halt established Western Great Lakes region wolf hunts after hunters and state game management supporters were successful in removing the long recovered wolves from the Endangered Species List.  The have also filed a suit that would stop wolf management in Wyoming.

7)     Howling for Wolves: A Minnesota-based group suing to stop wolf hunting in that state. The group claims that the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources didn’t properly adopt the hunting season even though it went through the same process as other hunting seasons.

8 )    American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: Supports laws to prevent keeping dogs in outside kennels (a standard practice across America). They have also filed a brief supporting the lawsuit aimed at shutting down wolf hunting with dogs in Wisconsin.

9)     Western Environmental Law Center: A ring leader in a group of eight anti-organizations that want to ban wolverine trapping in Montana until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) determines if the wolverine will be placed on the federal threatened and endangered species lists. This is just another “backdoor” ploy to end all trapping.

10)  In Defense of Animals: This anti-hunting group sued to stop bear hunting in Virginia, has called for a boycott of Alaska over its highly successful and sustainable wolf management program, strongly opposes wolf management in the Northern Rocky Mountains, and is pushing for a federal ban on animal testing for medical research.

11)  Friends of Animals: This Connecticut-based group believes “hunting in all forms is unethical, socially unjustifiable and ecologically disruptive.” The group worked against bear hunting in New Jersey, deer hunting in Connecticut, and against many science-based conservation programs.  This group claims “hunting is an important cause of many deer/auto collisions… by inciting the deer to be incautious.”

12)  WildEarth Guardians: They earn a place on this shame list for working to ban trapping on public land in New Mexico. This group has also sued the federal Wildlife Services department over their wolf management program and has called on Congress to end funding for this important federal wildlife management entity.

Please spread the word on these anti groups. Your next hunting, fishing or trapping trip depends on it."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:23:29 PM by huntrights »

Offline splitshot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  this is good stuff.  thanks.  mike w

Offline splitshot

• Sourdough
  how can i send this to my friends?  go slow cuz i am not to good with computors.  mike w

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
  how can i send this to my friends?  go slow cuz i am not to good with computors.  mike w

Select (highlight), copy, and paste.  That's it.  Easier yet is to just send them the link at the top of the post.

Offline splitshot

• Sourdough
  i know it is easy,but i dont know what copy and paste is.  mike w

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
  i know it is easy,but i dont know what copy and paste is.  mike w

http://www.wikihow.com/Copy-and-Paste

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough

Here is some recent information that all freedom loving Americans should be aware of.  Read these articles and pass on the links to others:

EPA's Secret And Costly 'Sue And Settle' Collusion With Environmental Organizations

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/02/17/epas-secret-and-costly-sue-and-settle-collusion-with-environmental-organizations/2/

The Radical Abuse of the ESA Threatens the US Economy

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/02/18/the-radical-abuse-of-the-esa-threatens-the-us-economy/

Vitter Warns Louisiana of EPA’s Secret “Sue and Settle” Deals, Could Impact State -
Says EPA and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are colluding with environmental groups

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=644862c0-f95a-e23f-b506-828fbd0cab86

Offline mossy8352

• Longhunter
  • Ready To Go
    • http://www.facebook.com/arthur.mccahan
    • Mikes Digital Solutions
Great information!

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Why isn't the Seattle Seahawks on this list?They are one of the largest groups funneling money into this in our state.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline dagon

• Tracker
    • nope
  • Groups: master hunter, hunter ed instructor, ducks unlimited. rmef
Does anyone have a list of the Washington Fish and Game employees that would be on this list?

Offline cooltimber

• Longhunter
HOWL FOR WILDLIFhttps://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_actionE,  might want to look this up.
rvn 69-70 11 b 2p 173rd
rmef
  2 ways to conquer and enslave a nation
      one's by sword,the other is by debt.
               John Adams

Offline cooltimber

• Longhunter

Thank you for your email outlining your concern about hunting regulation changes in British Columbia. As the MLA for Kamloops - South Thompson, I always appreciate hearing from constituents on important issues such as this.

Our caucus remains steadfast that all wildlife management decisions need to be made on the basis of the best available science. We believe that a balance can be struck between wildlife management and hunting - these goals are not mutually exclusive. We have significant concern about the NDP's ideologically-based agenda alienating law-abiding hunters from discussions about best practices on the land base. The best government decisions come from combining the best available data with robust consultation with the individuals who spend the most time in the backcountry. Hunters understand that the continuation of hunting practices requires a strong mandate for conservational practices. This unique knowledge needs to be a part of government wildlife management decision making. For example, we are all concerned about declining ungulates like caribou and moose. The best science available tells us that habitat and predator control are critical. It is therefore understandable that hunters are frustrated with the lack of government action on the issue of wildlife management. I am as well.

Attached you will find a letter that members of our caucus wrote to the Minster of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development. My colleagues and I will continue to to advocate strongly for a science-based and common sense based approach to wildlife management in B.C.

Additionally, you may be interested in attending the upcoming virtual townhall:

Date:    Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Time:    5:30-7:00pm PDT
Topic:    Government's changes to hunting regulations
Register: Eventbrite <https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.ca%2Fe%2Fproposed-hunting-regulations-virtual-roundtable-with-the-bc-liberal-caucus-tickets-298262881307&data=04%7C01%7CShelly.Frost%40leg.bc.ca%7C6a3a79e18d074425d9bb08da0b7db68d%7C68f96eb1b9544ae9ab6a9a513408ba40%7C0%7C0%7C637834931854225514%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=RWw%2BLDu3o3pum%2BhV2GHkJJo6oZV2nEhDZqmqPqfcv2I%3D&reserved=0>
After registration and closer to the townhall date, attendees will receive a Zoom link

Please feel free to invite any local hunters, guide outfitters and any other interested stakeholders and thank you again for taking the time to email me.
rvn 69-70 11 b 2p 173rd
rmef
  2 ways to conquer and enslave a nation
      one's by sword,the other is by debt.
               John Adams

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
 Wow!!  The same groups to destroyed the timber industry!  Who'd thunk!!

The enemy is here, and they are well funded and OWN many politicians!!  Then add to that, many Federal employee's are members of those groups!

Connect the dots yet???? :o :o
The only good tree, is a stump!

Online Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough

The enemy is here, and they are well funded and OWN many politicians!!  Then add to that, many Federal employee's are members of those groups!

[/quot

Not to mention Sierra Club and maybe others there are being investigated for taking donations from Russia.  Russia payed for them to be environmental activists, to hamstring our energy production, thereby ensuring the need for Russian oil/ natural gas.  $5 says China is doing the same.
May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Today at 09:12:44 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by ghosthunter
[Today at 08:55:30 PM]

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt