collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: SOLD SOLD SOLDAuction #19 Semi-guided hunt at Buck Canyon Lodge  (Read 19063 times)

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLDAuction #19 Semi-guided hunt at Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
I am glad that Wea, myself and Buckcanyon are able to contribute to the familly.
But now Buckcanyon is just being mean, a pic of a rollie pollie fat bellied bear for Wea and a whitey i would release an arrow for...mean just mean....is it sept yet?
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 07:56:53 PM »
And the count down begins..... Just wait till the trail cam pics start rolling in!! I guess I could withhold the cam pics if you think they would give you nightmares :chuckle: :chuckle:
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 04:59:35 AM »
Buckmarks portion recd. DDK

Thank you LadyBuckmark!

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
I wanted to report back to the thread having just completed 4 days at Buck Canyon with Rick & Wendy hosting me and my long time friend Jon.  The land, overall experience and wildlife was fantastic but all the great things I can report about the lodge (fantastic), food (amazing) and the view (breath taking) is nothing compared to the class Rick, Wendy and Wendy's sister demonstrated to me and Jon.

This was Jon's first ever archer hunt and although he missed low on a healthy 3 x 3 on our first full day of hunting, I have little doubt he's hooked.  Jon was able to spot and stalk the Muley herd on Rick's property on and off for 3 mornings capped off by evening Whitetail hunts over alfalfa nestled into a field with a backdrop of Lake Roosevelt.  There are a few pretty good Whitetails roaming around this field, but none coming in close enough for a shot.

Unfortunately and as hunting goes - we did not tag out on bear or deer but walked away with a tremendous experience.  We were saddled with 4 days of funky weather... packed in with Fog all 4 days and rain the first two the frustration was visible on Rick's face but I was honestly left with quite nearly as much satisfaction of the overall experience than if Jon or I had tagged out.

I will be going back - without doubt and for those of you looking for this type of experience, Buck Canyon is one to consider..  There are some really good bucks, bear, turkey and more on Ricks properties.

Also a thanks to WeaMag3000 and Buckmark for reaching out after they successfully purchased this hunt (SNIPED! he he) and could not go.  Awfully nice to think of me to buy it from them.  Thanks guys!

Net

Offline cwuwildcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
I love hearing back on the auctions.  Sounds like a great time regardless, and awesome attitude all around! 
The only difference between a butt kisser and a brown noser is depth perception.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2013, 05:49:26 PM »
Great to hear about the good experience. Wish you guys could have notched your tag on something, but that's how hunting goes sometimes.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
Well... I also missed a Muley (conveniently forgot that note) on the last day - DOH!

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »
We really enjoyed having Chuck and Jon at our Lodge. Great guys. They are welcome at our Lodge anytime!!. We were plagued by fog every morning. The guys made the most of it and never gave up. They made great stalks on a couple mulie bucks but could not close the deal. Here are a couple pics from their hunt. We were glad to have a part helping out the Blanchard family.
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline Wea300mag

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
Looks like you guys had a great time.  :tup:

Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the skyline

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
Missed this, glad you guys had a great time, get that buck on the late hunt.
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]