collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter shot to death in eastern WA  (Read 75468 times)

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Hunter shot to death in eastern WA
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
if convicted,  they should be executed.  all their property forfeited to the victims family for restitution.

Fixed that for you, we can no longer afford Life imprisonment for killers its time to ramp up the punishment to fit the crime. Then maybe, people will think twice before killing in the first place.

Offline Fowlweather25

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »
 :yeah:, good call!
What would life be without the thrill of the hunt?

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Holy cow, those are some scarey looking fellows! I'm glad they have been put away. Now I hope that justice is served and the families of the victim get some peace. Sad sad deal.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »
I know people that are a lot scarier looking than those guys.  But are a hell of a lot nicer. Hope justice served in this case.

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2013, 04:36:56 AM »
we have a place on the same ridge this took place. most people that choose to live up that way like to be left alone. we have met almost all the landowners around us, and ALL have been incredibly nice with us. there are a few that live there year round, and they are great people. we learned to stick to our property or the state land, that advice coming from locals. we have never had a problem and hope that will continue. it really is a beautiful area up there, i wouldnt trade our place for anywhere else. unfortunate what happened for sure, but even with us posting the heck out of our property, we still have people tresspass through and not abide by any signs we post. will be interesting to see the whole story come out with all the info. again, sorry for the loss to the family number one and also to the friends. what a tragedy.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »
There are at least 2 more members that own property  (I being one) up there greenhead
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline pilebuck

• Scout
  • feel luckey?
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
I was hunting on buckhorn  mountain this week was out in the woods and meet the brother of the man that was killed very sad he said to me they are still waiting for the defense to Finnish their case for them lousy lowlife scums that shot his brother.He  invited us over to his place felt very sad for him I could not imagine being up their again after such a tragic thing.

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
The whole thing is darn sad.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline dis_pat_

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA Life, RMEF
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
oh I bet these were educated contributing members of society who did this :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, since when do you have to be educated to be a contributing member of society?

IMO a citizen must have basic literacy and numeracy, and understand basic civics to be a contibuting member of society.  How they obtain these can be by any method.  Formal schooling, home schooling, self-taught...but it is required.  Can't read a ballot in English? -- no vote.  Can't do a long division problem? -- no vote.  Don't know a few basic facts about US government and history? -- no vote.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »
oh I bet these were educated contributing members of society who did this :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, since when do you have to be educated to be a contributing member of society?

IMO a citizen must have basic literacy and numeracy, and understand basic civics to be a contibuting member of society.  How they obtain these can be by any method.  Formal schooling, home schooling, self-taught...but it is required.  Can't read a ballot in English? -- no vote.  Can't do a long division problem? -- no vote.  Don't know a few basic facts about US government and history? -- no vote.

A needless threadjacking by dis pat, but I'll respond.  Who decides the questions?  Maybe balancing a simple molar equation should be the test.  Don't know what a mole is?  Sorry, we think you're too dumb to vote.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »

A needless threadjacking by dis pat, but I'll respond.  Who decides the questions?  Maybe balancing a simple molar equation should be the test.  Don't know what a mole is?  Sorry, we think you're too dumb to vote.

Your proposal is accepted.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »

Although literacy, numeracy, and an understanding of civics can make someone a "contibuting" (the misspelling of the word in this exact place is priceless) are helpful, they're by no means requirements. Actually, there are many with those traits whose pompous attitudes and elitism detract from any contributions they might make. Michael Bloomberg is a great example. There are other great examples, perhaps very close at hand. And as well, there are many who are illiterate and have little use for long division who have contributed and sacrificed much more to and for our society. You've stated your opinion and it's clearly just that; yours. Hopefully someday you'll realize that many different people from meany different abilities and means make up the "useful" members of our society. Until then, enjoy your lunch with the Bloombergs of the world.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
The old days of Jim Crow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test

Quick draw on the race card.  Nice. 

As I am sure you are well aware, Jim Crow laws were about racial segregation.  Racial segregation was the raison d'etre.  Because literacy tests were one way to implement the intended racial segregation, disenfranchisement, and dis-empowerment, that does not mean that all such uses such as for voter qualification are or need be.  Nice misdirection though.

I don't think they are practical or, as pman pointed out, a useful determinant of who in a democratic republic should have a voice and representation.   

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
I was hunting on buckhorn  mountain this week was out in the woods and meet the brother of the man that was killed very sad he said to me they are still waiting for the defense to Finnish their case for them lousy lowlife scums that shot his brother.He  invited us over to his place felt very sad for him I could not imagine being up their again after such a tragic thing.

we have a place on the same ridge this took place. most people that choose to live up that way like to be left alone. we have met almost all the landowners around us, and ALL have been incredibly nice with us. there are a few that live there year round, and they are great people. we learned to stick to our property or the state land, that advice coming from locals. we have never had a problem and hope that will continue. it really is a beautiful area up there, i wouldnt trade our place for anywhere else. unfortunate what happened for sure, but even with us posting the heck out of our property, we still have people tresspass through and not abide by any signs we post. will be interesting to see the whole story come out with all the info. again, sorry for the loss to the family number one and also to the friends. what a tragedy.
  Back on topic  (maybe) Are any HW property owners going to be up that way the first weekend and week of MR? I will be mostly hung the Wedge (KF) but might make it over there at some point for a day......Just curious

As for the voting thing......How about ID?
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal