collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youth moose  (Read 4550 times)

Offline tonymoe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Goatrocksadventures.com
Youth moose
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »
Get things ready for my nephews moose hunt in mt. Spokane north. Was wondering where past guys have camped? I know you can't on the inland paper land, but does anyone know of any campgrounds close to elk/chattoroy? I think the state park is too far to camp as we will be focusing on the upper Blanchard area?
Thanks for any info folks!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Youth moose
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:32 AM »
Get things ready for my nephews moose hunt in mt. Spokane north. Was wondering where past guys have camped? I know you can't on the inland paper land, but does anyone know of any campgrounds close to elk/chattoroy? I think the state park is too far to camp as we will be focusing on the upper Blanchard area?
Camp? :chuckle:

Drive over the day before the hunt, get a room at the local motel, get up in the morning and hit the peak, shoot a cow moose and head home. :chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

Drive over the day before the hunt, get a room at the local motel, get up in the morning and hit the peak, shoot a cow moose and head home. :chuckle:

That's the truth about that hunt! :yeah:
Tat
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline elkoholic1

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: elkoholic1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
I had the bull tag in there last year and I camped on Blanchard rd off of the elk chattory rd, take a right onto Blanchard rd off of the elk chat and follow it for a ways and you'll come up a small pass, at the top there is a large turn out on left hand side big enough to camp, we had 2 trucks trailer and camp trailer, with plenty of room for 8 more, worked out well with the inland gates just 1/4 mile back down the road.. its very close to the Idaho boarder once you drop over the other side within 4-5 miles any questions feel free to PM ..      good luck gonna be a great hunt youll remember forever..

Offline gls

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
my son also has the north unit and much like you, we need some help, talked to the biologist and he gave us a few choices, but I would like some more detail from whomever is willing to help. We are going to stay in our quad trailer also so we can hunt the Inland empire land, another question, is early, I mean opening day better than waiting for deer season or does it matter.
Thank you

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
my son also has the north unit and much like you, we need some help, talked to the biologist and he gave us a few choices, but I would like some more detail from whomever is willing to help. We are going to stay in our quad trailer also so we can hunt the Inland empire land, another question, is early, I mean opening day better than waiting for deer season or does it matter.
Thank you
Refer to reply #1 ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Alan K

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
Shouldn't have trouble finding a cow at any point during the season!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
Thank you

Don't forget you Inland Empire access permit.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline gls

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
thank you for all the replys, what peak are they talking about and is it that good

Offline mkcj

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:18 PM »

:yeah: That's what we did for my son's youth hunt.

Offline splitshot

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
  been on 3 moose hunts in the last 7 years(none mine) and they all waited till nov. so the weather was cooler.  parts of 2 of the moose we left in the woods  overnite  with no problem.  mike w

Offline gls

• Tracker
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
thanks again, biologist said go early, less deer hunters, also said if you wait too late they may lock you out of the gates, is that what you have heard

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »

:yeah:

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 07:47:35 AM »
More bulls and cows in that unit and three times as many cow tags. good luck. I have seen 36 bulls and Six cows this summer
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline gls

• Tracker
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »
do you have any ideas on where to start looking? also are there good numbers of deer in that unit, he would also like many of us, kill a buck

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal