collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ZRS-10X42 Review  (Read 5956 times)

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
ZRS-10X42 Review
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
Okay, I broke my Nikon's just before late archery. I asked Charles if he had a loaner pair I could do some more field testing with. He agreed and they were sent to me. I used them every day for 7 days and I am very impressed at this point. I will be purchasing a pair soon. I wear glasses and those of you that do, know how it is using Binos with glasses on. I could actually put these binos one handed to my glasses and find a full field of vision immediately every time. It was a new experience for me. I know there are lots of higher dollar optics out there but I don't want any of them. The ZRS-10X42 is all I could ask for and more.

Thanks Charles
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: ZRS-10X42 Review
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:08:50 PM »
I need to do a review as well........................Thanks Charles.  Now that I am done goofing around!  Sage has my pair now by the way.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
Okay, I broke my Nikon's just before late archery. I asked Charles if he had a loaner pair I could do some more field testing with. He agreed and they were sent to me. I used them every day for 7 days and I am very impressed at this point. I will be purchasing a pair soon. I wear glasses and those of you that do, know how it is using Binos with glasses on. I could actually put these binos one handed to my glasses and find a full field of vision immediately every time. It was a new experience for me. I know there are lots of higher dollar optics out there but I don't want any of them. The ZRS-10X42 is all I could ask for and more.

Thanks Charles

Yea, yea... I had to hear about it all week.  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

He actually commented numerous times about how well they worked for him. For years he loved his Nikons, but I have never heard him talk about them like this.

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »
Killbilly, you are very welcome. I am glad it got to your hands before the trip.

Boneaddict, it is great to know that that particular pair of 10x42 VISTA is still kicking after going through many rough hunting trips in several Pros' hands since early September. I cannot wait to see your review.

Offline HawkenBob

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
The ZRS is the Summit I've been waiting for? I know what Im getting for Christmas! :)
I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me to.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
ZEN ED Binoculars: scheduled for 1/30/09 delivery
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:37:24 AM »
We are pleased to announce that ZEN with ED (extra low dispersion) glass will be available for delivery by 1/30/09. To appreciate the support of fellow members on this forum, we are running a special promotion. Hunting-Washington member can save additional $90 on a pair of already competitively priced 8x43 or 10x43 ZEN binoculars. The coupon code is "H-WA"

More information can be found here http://www.zen-ray.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239
or here
http://www.zen-ray.com/zen.shtml

Below are some of the key features

• Ultra High Reflectivity (UHR) Silver Prism Coating
  • Phase-correction with BAK-4 roof prisms
  • Large 43mm lens for crisp, bright imaging.
  • Magnesium Alloy body for long lasting durability and light weight
  • Open Frame Design to minimize the weight
  • Heavy-duty, 100% waterproof/fogproof construction: Argon charged
  • Metal alloy 3-stage Twist-up eyecups
  • Diopter adjustment to fine tuning focus
  • Wide Angle 426ft for 8x and 340 ft for 10x power.
  • Extra large center focus knob for smooth and precise focus
  • Ergonomic shape for stress free use
  • Rubber armor absorbs shock
  • Tethered flipdown objective lens protection covers (Always-on TM)
  • Hard carrying case
  • Premium Cushioned Neckstrap with quick connect
  • Fully multi-coated optics allows 99.5% light transmission at each glass/air interface

A few pictures:

Front View

Back View

Side View

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 07:01:37 AM »
Awesome Charles,

Hadn't seen you here in a while, was wondering where you had run off to, Can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these bad boys, if the quality is anything like the Vistas, were in for a real treat !!!
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:38:54 AM »
Awesome Charles,

Hadn't seen you here in a while, was wondering where you had run off to, Can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these bad boys, if the quality is anything like the Vistas, were in for a real treat !!!

Thanks! It has been busy in the past couple of months with new product validation and introduction. All the work has been in the background.  :)

ZEN is a major upgrade from VISTA binoculars.  The difference will be like Nikon Monarch to Swarovski EL series.  It is aimed to offer a high quality alternative to those expensive european hunting binoculars.  The ED objective lens is used to reduce the color abberation. The viewing angle also increases from 60 degree for VISTA to 65 degree for ZEN. So, no more excuse to miss your hunt.  :chuckle:

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
Great. I know the next time I purchase binos which ones I will get.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »
Looks like I might have found my next binocular.  In lamens terms, how do these compare to the ones I tried out?

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »
Looks like I might have found my next binocular.  In lamens terms, how do these compare to the ones I tried out?

A few things you will notice when you put ZEN and VISTA side by side. Optically, the viewing angle has increased from 380 ft/1000yards to 426 ft/1000 yards. This is done without sacrificing the edge resolution.  ZEN has much higher resolution requirement. The VISTA you have tried is very sharp already. On our optical bench testing, VISTA has 5.6arcsec on-axis resolution, whereas ZEN has minimal 3.2arcsec on-axis resolution.  We also work on improving the color fidelity of ZEN by using extra low dispersion (ED) object lens and phase coating on prism.  The brightness from ZEN is also a bit higher than VISTA. It is done with silver prism coating and larger objective lens(43mm for ZEN vs 42mm for VISTA).

Mechanically, ZEN is constructed with magnesium alloy chassis for even better durability and lighter weight. It also features a larger focus knob (about 2-3 mm larger than VISTA's in diameter) for easy use.  It also comes with extra long thick-cushioned neckstrap with quick connect (thanks to the input from a Hunting-Washington member) and hard case.

As a result, ZEN is tad brighter than VISTA, much better overall (judged by edge to edge sharpness) resolution, mechanically stronger.  We also paid a lot of attention to match the accessories to the quality of the products. You will not only get a VERY high quality binoculars, but get it in a VERY luxurious total package as well.

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »
Here are a couple of more pictures of ZEN ED Binoculars.

Thanks

Offline columbiaman

• Hunter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
wow, this is a good looking binoculars. Thanks for posting member discount for us here.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal