collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Maven Optics  (Read 7553 times)

Offline RIVERRAT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • Hunting GPS Maps. com https://www.americasbestbowstrings.com/, https://www.60xcustomstrings.com/
Maven Optics
« on: February 03, 2015, 08:20:21 PM »
I attended the Puyallup sportsman show as many of you did and I came across Maven Binoculars.  After speaking to the co-owner/rep for the company and examining them, I was impressed with what I saw.   I am curious if any of Hunt wa members have tried them.   

They have a lifetime warranty and according to the owner, are in the market to compete with Swarovski (not to insult the swaro loyal) with quality and warranty and USA made (wyoming) and a better price point.   mavenbuilt.com

Please share your thoughts!!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:27:37 PM by RIVERRAT »
DYNAMIC CONCEPTS INC.
Washington Dealer- OnXmaps.com, 60X bowstrings, America's Best Bowstrings, Vapor Trail Bowstring/ rests,  Phelps Game Calls, Crossover Archery and Radical Archery Designs.

Elite / CBE /Vapor Trail Pro V /Scott/ America's Best

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Re: Maven Optics
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »
I have the B2 11x45. Great nocs.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 07:12:42 PM »
A few years back there was a splash on here about a new optics company. They promised near Swarovski optics quality at a fraction of the cost.  They also touted a lifetime warranty. Zen Ray has since gone out of business and the warranty is essentially worthless. Just something to consider.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
I'm thinking about getting some Mavens. Considering checking them out at their headquarters in Lander, Wyoming. However I'm not certain where they're actually made. If they truly are made in the USA, there'd be no question in my mind, I'd get some. But I'm afraid that they're making them in China like others do (such as Vortex.)

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 08:08:50 PM »
Japanese glass. Made (or atleast assembled) in USA. A bit heavy. Much nicer glass/coatings than my Razors. They feel better built.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 08:34:51 PM »
I have the C1 10x42’s and I love them. Great glass for the money. Really satisfied.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline highside74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
Maven is rebadged Brunton in my opinion with new marketing. They even have a similar look. The guy at the show told me that old Brunton people are involved with R and D.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »
Maven is rebadged Brunton in my opinion with new marketing. They even have a similar look. The guy at the show told me that old Brunton people are involved with R and D.
Another discontinued company without warranty support.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline 10mmg

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 12:51:47 AM »
My dad has there spotting scope and it seems to be a great scope very clear. I think there rifle scopes have a ways to come regarding weight vs magnification vs clarity Hopefully they will get there but I like what I see in the spotting scopes at least.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 05:34:31 AM »
Another discontinued company without warranty support.

I fell into that trap. Bought a pair of the upper end Zen Rays. Excellent glass for the money. And your exactly right. Worthless warranty. I know I could have bought a few pairs of their binos for what it would cost for alpha glass, so that helps take the edge off a bit. But I doubt I would buy again from a company that hasn't been around for a long time. I think its even worse now with all the new companies out there. Competiton has to be fierce and I think it will squeeze out more and more of them.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
Maven seems to be more structed with its buisness model than zen ray was. They get quit a bit of exposure.
If any one wants to look through them before buying, they are welcome to check mine out. I'm in North Bend and have a good veiw of Mt. Washington to test on.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 03:16:02 PM »
If I recall correctly, the C-series is assembled in the Philippines. The rest are assembled in San Diego, then shipped to Wyoming. Japanese components.

I have the C.1 10x42. Great glass for the money. Even if they went out of business tomorrow they're priced right where you don't have to be too concerned.

Get a demo at a discount and worry even less.

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 12:03:27 AM »
You guys that have them, any complaints/downfalls? Looking at maybe the C1’s in 10x42.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 05:43:43 AM »
I see that they will let you demo them. If you don't like them you can send them back and they will credit your card back. Minus shipping.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 07:46:57 AM »
You guys that have them, any complaints/downfalls? Looking at maybe the C1’s in 10x42.
i picked up a pair of the c1's this last year to relegate my vortex diamondback's to truck/boat binos.
for me, it was a pretty substantial upgrade for the money.
im very happy with them.  some good write ups and reviews over on rokslide  :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal