collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: remington stolen from mail  (Read 9477 times)

Offline argie1891

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
remington stolen from mail
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:11:42 AM »
I got a call today, I sold a Remington pump 30/06 on gunbroker and shipped mid month. it was supposed to be delivered on the 18th and didn't arrive. the tracking said it had left Yakima and had no other notations.  well I got a call today from the purchaser and when they contacted the postal service they got a call from the attorney general office. the rifle had been stolen from a post office by a postal employee and he was caught. the bad part is the rifle is held for evidence and could take up to a year before he can get his rifle. I wonder how much time a postal worker can get for stealing a gun??  I think there is a good chance postal inspectors were watching him and there could be other charges. personally I don't feel a bit sorry for the theif but do for the buyer. argie1891

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: remington stolen from mail
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
It's nice to hear they caught the POS.  The good news is that he will probably be charged in Federal Court so it won't just be a slap on the wrist.

Offline argie1891

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
it is my understanding that he has been charged in federal court.. one charge is stealing a firearm one for stealing mail. both are supposed to be serious felonies. he could do 5 years.. why would someone risk a job family freedom gun rights and reputation for a gun that he could buy??? I think anyone that stupid needs to be put out of his misery.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »
it is my understanding that he has been charged in federal court.. one charge is stealing a firearm one for stealing mail. both are supposed to be serious felonies. he could do 5 years.. why would someone risk a job family freedom gun rights and reputation for a gun that he could buy??? I think anyone that stupid needs to be put out of his misery.

The guy is probably not allowed to own guns and couldn't pass the NICS check and stole your gun. I-594 is our friend......... :bash:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
Sorry to hear of the trouble, but glad the bum is going to do some time!

But, I have to ask...

Why would anyone ship a gun through the post office and not UPS/FedEx?  This may be the first time I've ever heard of USPS being accountable.  Well almost accountable since they probably are not reimbursing you for the gun or the freight charges.  UPS/FedEx pride themselves on accountability.  That is why so many businesses around the world use them for valuable merchandise.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline bknilvr00

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »

But, I have to ask...

Why would anyone ship a gun through the post office and not UPS/FedEx?  This may be the first time I've ever heard of USPS being accountable.  Well almost accountable since they probably are not reimbursing you for the gun or the freight charges.  UPS/FedEx pride themselves on accountability.  That is why so many businesses around the world use them for valuable merchandise.

I had a remington 887 shipped through ups. Turned up stolen as well. Remington wiped their hands of it and told me I was S.O.L. Police investigation turned up nothing. My wife was super pleased to find out my christmas present turned into someone elses. Was like a 400 dollar punch in the nads.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
budsgunshop has insurance when you buy a gun, just for this reason.... :tup:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline NW-GSP

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
His 5 year sentence will turn into less then 2 years with a plea bargain.
Federal prison is cupcake camp, its like YMCA with razor wire.

Offline Firedogg

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »
Maybe the dirtbag can get his case transferred over to Asotin County so the prosecutor there can get him home detention.  :tup:
There is no greater respect to have for wildlife than to harvest an animal fairly and use it's flesh to feed your family.  ~me

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »
I had a remington 887 shipped through ups. Turned up stolen as well. Remington wiped their hands of it and told me I was S.O.L.

Remington probably had it insured for $500.  They probably doubled or tripled their money!!

Offline argie1891

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

actually it is simple shipping usps costs less plain and simple. and do you think a firearm is safer at fedx or ups???  an individual can ship a long gun usps but not a hand gun. one good thing is always obey the law follow all the rules. there was on guy on the net that said  I just ship handguns without telling them what they are and never got caught. well sonner or later he will and then he will wish he had done it right.   I always buy insurance and put all the copies of the ffl inside the package.

But, I have to ask...

Offline hunterrcc

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »
Since we are on the topic of bad postal people.  The post master in Selah was charged with hunting without a big license and wounding/ killing a calf and leaving it and then jumping it up at less then 50 yards and let it limp and fall over as it limped away into the sage after shooting it this past elk season during rifle season.  They shot into a group of cow elk and almost shot someone I know that was 65 yards from the group of elk waiting for the elk to pass them so they didn't shoot towards the dumb postal worker and his party of hunters party hunting for a cow elk with no cow elk tag holders within 10 miles!  Crazy someone would hunt during rifle elk season without elk or big game license.  Dumb people!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:27:06 AM by hunterrcc »

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10:29 AM »
actually it is simple shipping usps costs less plain and simple. and do you think a firearm is safer at fedx or ups???  an individual can ship a long gun usps but not a hand gun. one good thing is always obey the law follow all the rules. there was on guy on the net that said  I just ship handguns without telling them what they are and never got caught. well sonner or later he will and then he will wish he had done it right.   I always buy insurance and put all the copies of the ffl inside the package.

Once you get over 1# they are all very much the same price.  Especially when you consider the price of a gun it's really a minimal difference.  We ship a little over 2,000 packages a year.  A couple hundred each of USPS and FedEx the rest UPS.  We have never once had USPS be accountable for lost, stolen or damaged goods.  Most of the lost and stolen items with USPS are from leaving "Signature Required" packages outside the front door of a retail store :yike:  And yet they still claim "No Responsibility"

We only get one or two FedEx and UPS troubles per year.  And in each case both FedEx and UPS respond with a "How high would you like us to jump" response!  Accuracy and accountability is the code they live by.  I can not ever remember having to wait more than a week to see a check in the mail making things right.  I think that is quite impressive considering the volume of goods they move.

The other nice thing about FedEx and UPS has been the service when I have done something wrong with paperwork.  Especially these days when international shipments get run through the gooberment ringer.  I usually get a call within 24 hours explaining what I did wrong and how they fixed it for me!  Usually followed by another phone call on how we might better work together to avoid problems in the future.  I hear horror stories all the time, but my experience has been nothing short of outstanding!

I did not intend my post to be an attack on someone using USPS.  Was just an honest question as to why.  I apologies if it came across any way other than that.

Offline argie1891

• Tracker
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 01:10:55 AM »
I forgot to mention I ship at the usps because they are a mile from my home ups is a bit farther and ups isn't open until after 1 pm. I could be wrong but I think thieves work just about every where and the postal service probably doesn't have more than ups.

Offline T Pearce

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
UPS.... high value packages are signed for when picked up.
High value packages are flagged when the insurance coverage is high.

I ship UPS AND DOUBLE THE VALUE WITH THE COVERAGE. Never a problem.
T
Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal