collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wall Tents Tips and Tricks  (Read 237461 times)

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Re: Wall Tents Tips and Tricks
« Reply #795 on: July 27, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
One thing you can do for security of your tent should it ever be stolen is to take photos of unique characteristics of your tent. A patch here a stain there a special mark on a rafter.

I bought a tent last year my #3 from a member here. It had a patch on the inside, right side of door.
Can’t be seen from outside. It is unique one of a kind, so I have a photo of it.

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #796 on: July 27, 2022, 09:53:04 AM »
There is a lot of options for tent I’d. Sure you got to find the stolen tent first. But if you are lucky enough to catch the slime with it in his truck it will go along way with the LE if you have photos on your phone matching the tent in the truck.

Geo tags
Your business card in the frame tubes
A sequence of colored tape on the stake loops.

Sure it can all be defeated, but it takes time.

And with more than one means of ID the bad guy might miss something.

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #797 on: July 29, 2022, 09:37:15 PM »
Down in 40 minutes. Not bad for a 71 year old ,fat guy.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #798 on: July 29, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »
End,It was hot.

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #799 on: July 29, 2022, 09:59:34 PM »

But you are still out there getting it done :tup:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #800 on: July 30, 2022, 08:05:13 AM »

But you are still out there getting it done :tup:

Well ya got to love it. I like messing with the tents.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #801 on: September 08, 2022, 05:36:46 PM »
One thing you can do for security of your tent should it ever be stolen is to take photos of unique characteristics of your tent. A patch here a stain there a special mark on a rafter.

I bought a tent last year my #3 from a member here. It had a patch on the inside, right side of door.
Can’t be seen from outside. It is unique one of a kind, so I have a photo of it.

We engraved our last name on all the frame connectors. Even though a file or grinder would remove it .
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #802 on: September 08, 2022, 07:35:45 PM »

We engraved our last name on all the frame connectors. Even though a file or grinder would remove it .

Good idea.

I guess my thinking is you come back to camp and your tent is gone, if there are limited routes out, you might get lucky and catch them on the road.
Nice to stand there with the sheriff and rattle off all your security features.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #803 on: September 08, 2022, 07:36:35 PM »
It’s almost time. :IBCOOL:

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #804 on: September 11, 2022, 06:50:38 AM »
We're in the middle of our 4th archery elk with our BRAVO tent. It's very dialed in to say the least. The kiddos 12 and 7 now fight over who puts the most pieces together fastest! Good times for sure. Only issue which I brought up before and I failed to get the filter is the propane with 5 gallon jug with interconnting hoses leaching the oil into the heaters and Colman cook stove. Caught it and have been using the 1lb cylinders which we refill. So frustrating.  Will order up filters asap. As Bone noted in his resent post this age thing sucks........ :chuckle:

Hope everyone has a great and safe Wall Tent experience this fall season!
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #805 on: September 11, 2022, 08:00:56 AM »
We're in the middle of our 4th archery elk with our BRAVO tent. It's very dialed in to say the least. The kiddos 12 and 7 now fight over who puts the most pieces together fastest! Good times for sure. Only issue which I brought up before and I failed to get the filter is the propane with 5 gallon jug with interconnting hoses leaching the oil into the heaters and Colman cook stove. Caught it and have been using the 1lb cylinders which we refill. So frustrating.  Will order up filters asap. As Bone noted in his resent post this age thing sucks........ :chuckle:

I love the wall tents. We bought a small trailer couple years ago, because the wife wanted more comfort. But I can’t wait to get in the wall tent or mess with the wall tents.

It always saddens me a bit when I see someone post their tent for sale. It’s like part of the experience is dying. But someone else buys it and hopefully uses it.

Good luck wall tenters. Hope you make a lot of memories.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #806 on: September 11, 2022, 06:33:43 PM »

Can you explain what the filter is needed for please?

I have been using 5 gallon propane bottles for 20 years with a tree on top. Hose out of tree for BBQ and another hose for two burner Coleman grill. And a propane light on top of the tree.
Another 5 gallon bottle is used with a Little Buddy Heater,  but I have not had to us it since 2015.
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
Psalm 144.1

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #807 on: September 11, 2022, 07:04:33 PM »

I have been using 5 gallon propane bottles for 20 years with a tree on top. Hose out of tree for BBQ and another hose for two burner Coleman grill. And a propane light on top of the tree.
Another 5 gallon bottle is used with a Little Buddy Heater,  but I have not had to us it since 2015.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=filter+needed+to+run+buddy+heater+on+5+gal+tank&docid=608024725134918015&mid=54C6CD961C6CF4003B0C54C6CD961C6CF4003B0C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #808 on: September 11, 2022, 08:25:43 PM »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=filter+needed+to+run+buddy+heater+on+5+gal+tank&docid=608024725134918015&mid=54C6CD961C6CF4003B0C54C6CD961C6CF4003B0C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

:yeah:

You will get away with not using a filter for a few years, then one day it will not light and all the cleaning in the world will not help. The you will youtube how to do it and it will end up a pile of parts in your garage. At that point you will go buy a new one, and a filter, then live happily ever after. The End  :)
IAFF #3728

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #809 on: September 11, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »
Thank you for that video Ghosthunter!

I did not buy my hoses from Littles Buddy. I bought three 6’ hoses from a propane company. If what I am correct, is it only the Little Buddy hoses that have this problem  :dunno:

Or not  :o

Ironically I did have my Little Buddy get clogged up back in 2012. But when I researched it, all pointed to possible spiders clogging the output valve. I took it apart and blew out the pieces, and has worked great since.

So question, are other hoses besides the Little Buddy sold hoses subject to the same problem  :dunno:

And was the cleaning and spray out I did, possibly not caused by critters like I was told  :dunno:

It would suck to have to buy three separate filters, but preventive maintenance is always a good idea.

My rock,
Psalm 144.1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal