collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wounded Buck run off by drone.  (Read 16805 times)

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
Re: Wounded Buck run off by drone.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 10:59:01 AM »
I feel like I heard this story today. :chuckle: That sucks man. It would have been awesome if you could have shot that thing out of the air. I would have loved to see the guys face who was flying it.

On another note they are talking about having a drone registration. Similar to putting tail numbers on plains. There have been cases of drones being used to make drops into prisons and also spy on people in there houses and yards. The registered drones would be able to be tracked to the owner. I for one hope that this actually happens. I am 10,000,000,000,000 more on board for drone registration than firearm registration.

There is a guy with a drone in my neighborhood. He has flown it over my house a few times. I told my wife if it looks like he is filming our girls I'm going to shoot that sucker out of the air! The thought of perverts using this to film children is awful but it is a very really threat in todays society.

This one had four props and a tiny body. How would you be able to read the #'s :dunno: I guess shoot it down and get them off the thing. I'll start carrying a bird shot load in my sidearm for these critters. I looked for the guy the next day and saw someone go straight towards the location were we shot the buck but he was too far away to catch up to.... probly him.

Not sure what the plan is. I heard there was going to be a digital tag and some sort of number tag as well.
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:47 AM »
I feel like I heard this story today. :chuckle: That sucks man. It would have been awesome if you could have shot that thing out of the air. I would have loved to see the guys face who was flying it.

On another note they are talking about having a drone registration. Similar to putting tail numbers on plains. There have been cases of drones being used to make drops into prisons and also spy on people in there houses and yards. The registered drones would be able to be tracked to the owner. I for one hope that this actually happens. I am 10,000,000,000,000 more on board for drone registration than firearm registration.

There is a guy with a drone in my neighborhood. He has flown it over my house a few times. I told my wife if it looks like he is filming our girls I'm going to shoot that sucker out of the air! The thought of perverts using this to film children is awful but it is a very really threat in todays society.

There was a news story o a guy I think in Texas that was arrested for shooting one down in his back yard.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/man-shoots-neighbors-drone_55bf8127e4b0d4f33a034e31

Were you just making this incident known, or are you suggesting we just walk away when a drone invades our privacy or intrudes in ways such as the OP has stated?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
Shooting down a drone with a big game rifle is dangerous. You can't possible know what's beyond your target. Although I agree that the person controlling the drone should lose their toy and be fined, I don't agree that unsafe shooting practices should be employed to do so.  :twocents:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline 3dvapor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
I hate the thought though of more laws in the name of protection.  Which means someone elses rights are taken away or charged a hefty fee for there hobby.  Sounds like the drone didnt help matters but your buddys buck would of been a tough track job even without the drone spooking it.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 11:17:32 AM »
I hate the thought though of more laws in the name of protection.  Which means someone elses rights are taken away or charged a hefty fee for there hobby.  Sounds like the drone didnt help matters but your buddys buck would of been a tough track job even without the drone spooking it.

So, you're saying that there shouldn't be a law prohibiting the harassment of wildlife or legal hunters by use of a drone? There shouldn't be a law prohibiting scouting or hunting with a drone? I agree we have a lot of laws and many are useless. I don't believe that's the case with the use of drones. This is a whole new technology and issues with it will need to be addressed. This is one. Flying them around airports is another.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »
No new law needed simply use the existing harassment laws.  But they cannot be used at all if people never call this stuff in.  Just saying make a report there are laws existing that can be enforced but they have to know about the violation.

That said I have a fb friend who is a custom car and bike guy and he is also building and customizing drones they are cool little gizmos and when used with manners and discretion I see no problem with them.  But there will always be jerks who do jerky things we could ban everything and the jerks would still find ways to be jerky.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:28 AM »
using drones to spot/scout should be illegal.  In many states it already is
:yeah:
Where are all the "support all legal hunting methods" members?

How dare you impose your morals and personal opinions of what you think is right or wrong on me. ;)
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Chappy84

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »

I agree it MIGHT have been a tough track job, but it did not run after shot. It jumped/bucked and started to walk after 20 yards we were going to re position and try to get a shot through the trees then the flying noise maker came zipping overhead and spooked that sucker worse than we did. I agree its hard to say "could've" or "might've" but regardless. :dunno:

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »

So, you're saying that there shouldn't be a law prohibiting the harassment of wildlife or legal hunters by use of a drone? There shouldn't be a law prohibiting scouting or hunting with a drone? I agree we have a lot of laws and many are useless. I don't believe that's the case with the use of drones. This is a whole new technology and issues with it will need to be addressed. This is one. Flying them around airports is another.

We have the laws.  There is already a wildlife harassment law so there is no need for another.  Right now you can't use aircraft to scout or hunt.  However, that statute was passed before drones were invented.  They are working to redefine what "aircraft" is defined as to include drones as it's arguable that drones do not fall under the current definition.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

Do we not have the right to privacy? On our own property?
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »

We have the laws.  There is already a wildlife harassment law so there is no need for another.  Right now you can't use aircraft to scout or hunt.  However, that statute was passed before drones were invented.  They are working to redefine what "aircraft" is defined as to include drones as it's arguable that drones do not fall under the current definition.

So, it would be a new law, basically.

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
On a side note. There are signs all over the tourist stops in Yellowstone National Park forbidding the use of drones. Guess it would be kinda cool to look down the throat of Old Faithful and a close up of a big Bison.
Bet that is why they have the signs. Someone probably already did those things.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

No, it would not be a new law, instead, it would simply address or clarify the defination of what is considered an aircraft under Washington law. 

The statute already exists that says no using aircraft to hunt with or locate game to hunt. Key point to that the use of the word aircraft vs airplane...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=232-12-057

It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
On a side note. There are signs all over the tourist stops in Yellowstone National Park forbidding the use of drones. Guess it would be kinda cool to look down the throat of Old Faithful and a close up of a big Bison.
Bet that is why they have the signs. Someone probably already did those things.

Or you can buy the DVD at the gift shop for 20$
Just tend your own and live.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

No, it would not be a new law, instead, it would simply address or clarify the defination of what is considered an aircraft under Washington law. 

The statute already exists that says no using aircraft to hunt with or locate game to hunt.

Potato potato. It makes zero difference if you change a law to include drones or write a new one. The effect is the same. The above act should never be allowed.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal