collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Poacher has my 5x5 elk  (Read 26176 times)

Offline Otto1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Poacher has my 5x5 elk
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 07:17:09 PM »
The kid that cut the head and hauled it outa the woods, should have notched his archery tag. What the punk does not have a tag? The gamie then should have a decent case against him.

While hunting in Utah with my dad (our very first year) My dad shot a nice 4 point muley, dropped it like a rock, it slid down the hill on the frost out of sight. We walk the 100 yards or so to get right there and a guy slams a shot into the deer and takes it... I have never forgot that! Sure wished I had those horns as my Dad never hunted again.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
Boh cases, my two point and my brothers whitetail, the dirtbag who threw their tags on it, didn't fire a shot.  It was my brotehrs first buck and he wasabout 16, not driving yet.  After the guy took his deer, he beat it back to the landowners, our neighbor, and the guy went and got the deer back.  That would have been horrible if he hadn't stepped in.  The nerve of some people.  Nether one of these cases were over big antlers either, just the meat.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
Congrats...
So why did the gamie want the rack? What was his reason and how did you talk him out of it?
BTW.. can't see the pic. By the path,
( http://c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mr%20BIG/My%20Documents/Hunting/my%)
it looks like you have it on your harddrive. You will need to upload to the net before we can see it.

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 07:34:26 PM »
Congrats...
So why did the gamie want the rack? What was his reason and how did you talk him out of it?

is the gamie going to pursue charges? as I believe they would have a case, unless the the kid had an archey tag and notched it, if so then it would be his rack.

Offline wrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »
good game on getting your horns back!  thats the most  ???  story iv heard in a long time. are you sure were dealing with real game warden and not some dude in a reno 911 outfit? glad it worked out for you! however strange it may seem.....

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »
Holy cow.  I'm glad you got the bones.  I can;t believe he already had them mounted.  Dang....thats fast.  I can't wait ot see th picture.

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
Glad you got the horns back. Hate to hear about dumba$$ people like that. I hope the gamies go after him.

Offline arrowflinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
Go after him for what? he found a dead elk and cut the horns off. What spending more time looking for an animal you shot and know that it was going to die.

Sorry longtat, nothing against you and glad you got your horns. Waiting to see the picture.

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
Go after him for what? he found a dead elk and cut the horns off.

he cut the head off an elk and carried outa the woods during a hunting season and one would bet he did not have a tag notched and affixed... that sounds like it would be against the law

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
Go after him for what? he found a dead elk and cut the horns off.

he cut the head off an elk and carried outa the woods during a hunting season and one would bet he did not have a tag notched and affixed... that sounds like it would be against the law

I think you are right.
But if he gave them back and the Gamie read him the riot act I would be ok with that since it wouldn't use up much of our $.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »
Longtat, If you want a cape, PM me your phone contact info, my group of 7 have 6 cow tags for Winston and Lewis River this modern rifle season. I am also in Olympia. If we aint packing them long, you can have one for sure...

molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »

Yep. My first response to this topic pretty much said the same thing. To me, it seems pretty obvious if the fellow didn't have an archery elk tag that it would be an easy bust. However I have no idea if he did in fact have a tag. Even so - if he is or was claiming the animal as his own with a bonafide archery tag then he should be cited for waste by leaving the carcass to rot. RCW 77.15.170

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:07:49 PM by huntwa »

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
Try prooving that in court. Meat laying on the ground...how long....? My definition of spoiled is different than his....   
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »
I don't believe it would be hard to prove (sp. proving) in court. I think they should throw the book at jerks like this.

If they can prove I ran a stop sign based upon words; they can prove some jerk is wasting animals.

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 08:25:19 PM »
Hopefully the kid learned a lesson! Sounds like the warden had a good case. Your a better man than most for not giving him the fines. I would have at least made him give up his tag for claiming a kill even if it wasn't his and he did turn it over. He took an animal out of the woods with out notching his tag. He is one those guys how would shot a stumbling animal with an arrow sticking out and claim he had the vital shot. Sounds like you did everything you could, it's easy to judge the situation when your not there. Nice kill sorry for the outcome.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal