collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sammamish, WA chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation(Location set!)  (Read 49614 times)

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Sammamish, WA chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation(Location set!)
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2016, 08:55:56 PM »
The focus of the chapter is up to the chapter. It can be all mule deer or it can be all blacktail. It can also be 50/50, 20/80, 80/20, blacktail/mule deer. it can be whatever we want it to be. What makes the most sense to me is to see what species needs the most help in the state and focus our efforts there. Personally I'd be most interested in mule deer projects as well, but I don't think that it is something that needs to be set in stone at this point. If a mule deer project comes up and we want to participate, we participate. If a blacktail project comes up and we want to participate in that...we can. As far as volunteer time goes, I think bouncing back and forth is easy. We may need to be a little more specific in terms of money dispersal ahead of time I guess. I think a true answer on this topic best comes from Dan McKinley at this point until we all figure out what the heck we're doing.
This is exactly what Dan was saying and what I was saying... as a chapter we can decide where any funds go. We, as a group, need time to decide. One meeting won't get us this. I am all for mule or black, I think it really comes down to where we can be most beneficial.

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:30 PM »
The focus of the chapter is up to the chapter. It can be all mule deer or it can be all blacktail. It can also be 50/50, 20/80, 80/20, blacktail/mule deer. it can be whatever we want it to be. What makes the most sense to me is to see what species needs the most help in the state and focus our efforts there. Personally I'd be most interested in mule deer projects as well, but I don't think that it is something that needs to be set in stone at this point. If a mule deer project comes up and we want to participate, we participate. If a blacktail project comes up and we want to participate in that...we can. As far as volunteer time goes, I think bouncing back and forth is easy. We may need to be a little more specific in terms of money dispersal ahead of time I guess. I think a true answer on this topic best comes from Dan McKinley at this point until we all figure out what the heck we're doing.

I agree and I get what you are saying,  :dunno: The chapter may loose a few now though and the potential of future recruitment if a direction is never decided until a project comes up 8 months from now???  :dunno: and then those wanting to support MD have to hope that they are not voted down by those wanting to support BT. That's why I went to the meeting and why I wanted to hear for myself, I still signed up for a 3 year membership but I am one that will likely bow out if things swing the direction of BT.   :sry:
I think we are early enough in the chapter where we can make some streamline decisions and take this into consideration. This statement needs to be heard and is very valid.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
 tag
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:58 PM »
How much lead time would you guys need or want for the next meeting date?

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »
The more the better for me, but I can try to make whatever work.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Buckjunkie

• Longhunter
  • Groups: USMC Vet, NRA Life Member, SCI Life Member, WAFNAWS Life Member
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2016, 04:48:42 PM »
At least a week for me.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2016, 05:24:05 PM »
The more the better for me, but I can try to make whatever work.

Ditto.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
And for what it's worth, Monday's and Wednesdays are usually no good for me.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Little Dave

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »
I need to make it to the next get together...  I think ''coastie chapter'' would be fitting.

That would be perfect!

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »
I'm pretty flexible, but a week notice would be good.  Is jkthomps planning the next meeting?

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 10:49:08 PM »
I'm pretty flexible, but a week notice would be good.  Is jkthomps planning the next meeting?
I can set something up if you guys want. I want to make sure lead times are in place to accommodate as many people as possible. My thoughts are we need to be organized and have a clear objective in place for our chapter.  This is something I take a lot of pride in, and really want to see this chapter come together and succeed. I want to make sure our way of life is available for future generations and they have the opportunity to enjoy our sport for many years to come.

I can reach out to Dan aka Muledeer and get some advice, but what I think we should do is have a meeting where we decide a chapter name, make it formal, complete paperwork, and make our objectives clear i.e. 100% focus on mulies. Then we can come up with fundraising ideas, shows/events to attend, outdoor projects to dedicate time towards etc...

I would recommend Thursday evening meetings. I can call a few places and see about areas large enough and quiet enough for us to have a meeting. The first meeting was great, and Dan provided a lot of great information, so I think we should be able to take these next steps even if he can't make it over.

Keep me posted if you guys want me to organize this next one. I was thinking February 25th at 7pm. Lots of lead time, end of the week... lots of time for organization and inquiries in the meantime...

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, or is already way ahead of me, post them up so we can make this happen.

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »
Or maybe Feb 18th? The 25th seems like a long ways away. :)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2016, 08:24:12 AM »
Either of those dates work for me.  I would rather focus on Mule deer but would be open to a split if that is what the majority wants.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
Either of those dates work for me.  I would rather focus on Mule deer but would be open to a split if that is what the majority wants.

I'm with this guy both ways, as I suspect a lot of the guys who were in attendance the other night would be as well.

Offline Carl

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2016, 09:14:26 AM »
 :yeah:

Carl

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal