collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Changes at RAD - Broadheads  (Read 72619 times)

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
Re: Changes at RAD - Broadheads
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2016, 07:32:45 AM »
Can't wait to try these out.

The blades were already crazy sharp but now I really look forward to the consistency and smoothness that Rad mentions.  Last year a few blades had small chips on the cutting edge. 

They definitely are a solid built product.  I schwacked a coyote that was prowling my chicken pen last year with a VanDyke LPS 100.  It blew through spine, hip and then sliced through a doubled strand of chicken wire before burying into the gravel.  You could hardly tell by looking at it that it was anything but brand new after that  :IBCOOL:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
New ti-cons sound cool.  Logo looks good too.

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »
The blades were already crazy sharp but now I really look forward to the consistency and smoothness that Rad mentions.  Last year a few blades had small chips on the cutting edge.

Before you shot them?  :o
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »

Before you shot them?  :o

Yes sir, very small. I found it on two blades out of 45 replacement blades. Both in the same pack and both at the very beginning of the cutting edge. I will see if I can find them and send you a picture but seriously they were tiny.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Pictures would be good. 

We set QC measures in place that should have made that impossible.  So a picture will sure let me raise some heck and make sure it never happens again.  With the new blade dies we are also adding additional QC into the process.  It had been that QC was all done from here.  After letting one employee go and adding two different QC steps in New Jersey before the final step here in Kent it should be much harder for something to sneak through now.  Not saying it won't ever happen!  But we sure have a good chance of making it a very rare exception.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:41 PM »
The three new Deep Six compatible heads have gotten by far the most interest so far this year.  Again, this is a cell phone pic.  I'll try to update as the better pics come available.  This one is the DelMastro HPV100-D6. 

The Deep Six ferrule uses a 6-40 thread size instead of the standard 8-32 thread.  The real cool thing about these, besides being titanium, is that Easton is making a stainless steel D6 insert that fits the Axis and original FMJ shafts.  For those of you, like me, who are on the fence with HIT inserts this is a great option.  It is expensive material to work with, but titanium just might be the ultimate material for Deep Six ferrules.  Super strong, no corrosion, and machines to a slick finish.  Both Del and Larry are looking to shoot these this year.  Del is shooting the A/C Injection and Larry is shooting the all carbon Injection.
Yes!  :drool:

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »
I got a call from an old Hawaii guide friend from back in the Archers-Ammo/Savora days.  He had been on the Deadringer staff for awhile.  After a chat I sent him a variety of heads to play with.  Within a week he had a pile of dead animal pictures and rave reviews on the Titanium and MadMan 4 blade.  It's official...Justin Llanes is now our newest field partner!!! 

The addition of Justin is HUGE for us.  Because of the seasons on the big island and the quality of hunter he is we can now go from design to approval from the field dang near instantly.  And do it without sacrificing our "10 Down" field trial standards.  Not only is Justin able to get us ten kills with honest and constructive test reviews in an extremely short time frame - The island hunting is the most destructive place on the planet to test a broadheads integrity.  I'm not sure I have ever experienced a natural material that can destroy a broadhead faster than volcanic rock.  And it is dang near impossible to shoot an animal in HI without the broadhead coming in contact with that rock.  Possibly the best testing lab one could ever hope for. 

Justin has told me he will join Hunting-Washington very shortly.  Hopefully we can get him posting and sharing his experiences.  Guy is a truly great bowhunter.  He should help a lot of bowhunters on here as well as make us all wish we lived in HI!

https://www.facebook.com/justin.llanes.58
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:49:02 AM by RadSav »

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention...

Justin is also a professional hunting guide on the island.  So if any of you are thinking about making a happy wife/hunting vacation - https://www.facebook.com/Big-Island-Outfitters-and-Hunting-LLC-563963023677127/timeline

BTW - Justin also owns his own coffee estate.  He sends us videos of our coffee roasting just before he grinds and ships it to us.  Wholly cow that's some fine coffee!!!  Wife ran out of it the other day and she about had a fit when she had to drink regular coffee until the next shipment comes in.  We may need to have him make us a MadMan Java or Angry Squaw Java to distribute through the new store once it's up - Early July.  We'll likely be our own best customer.  https://www.facebook.com/justin.llanes.58/videos/vb.100008121901922/1728867794060601/?type=2&theater

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:57:32 PM by RadSav »

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2016, 03:27:59 AM »
Here is some picture gore for you guys.  One of the cool things about our heads and Justin.  He is carrying five arrows and five different 100 grain broadheads.  All fly the same.  On his sheep hunt he has 1 Ti-Con 100, 1 DelMastro LPV, 1 DelMastro HPV, 1 MadMan 4 HPV and 1 MadMan LPS in his quiver.  Still waiting for some pictures of all the animals with each one, but here are the latest.

Ram with DelMastro LPV at 50 yards - 25 yard recovery.  Ewe with MadMan 4 HPV - both front legs broken.  Serious blood dump!

Offline Antlershed

• Frontiersman
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »
RAD, are the Deep Six DelMastro HPV100's ready to go, or are you still waiting on packaging?

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
RAD, are the Deep Six DelMastro HPV100's ready to go, or are you still waiting on packaging?

Packaging should be here Monday.  Received card samples Friday so I will be making sealing fixtures this evening.  I'd assume that we could ship as early as Wednesday.  Those will now come with 9 extra blades too!

UPS has gone up in price, not sure how much that residential delivery fee would be.  Ridiculously steep last I checked.  USPS 2-3 days Priority will be a flat rate  (no matter how many purchased) $6.95, I think.  I am trying to work out a deal with FedEx that might be as fast as UPS, but much less...fingers crossed /X/.  If it works out I assume it won't be Bass Pro cheap, but hopefully close.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:19:33 AM by RadSav »

Offline Antlershed

• Frontiersman
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2016, 07:44:39 AM »
USPS is good for me. Wanting to pick some up once available.  :tup:

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2016, 06:40:16 AM »
We are also pleased to welcome Final Pursuit TV as new RAD partners.  Very excited to get  Wes Murphey, Lloyd McCoy, Chad Quinlan and Jason Barton out there getting it done with RAD products.  https://www.facebook.com/finalpursuittv/?fref=nf

Just received a picture from Lloyd McCoy.  I believe this is the first he has taken with the MadMan.  Monster 268# hog with a MadMan.  He says, "Quartering away broke 3 ribs and lodged in sternum. Ran 37yds and done! 100 grain DelMastro HPV heads are freakin' awesome! Still sharp as new and spins true!"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:58:59 AM by RadSav »

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2016, 07:17:14 AM »
Very cool!  I'll look forward to watching this.

Offline dreamingbig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2016, 08:42:56 AM »
Great changes!  Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics