collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trespasser On Cam  (Read 18770 times)

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Trespasser On Cam
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »
sorry to hear about your ordeal with that ------ bag! Sucks about your buck!

I have a question.. why wasn't this guy ticketed last year for trespass hunting and illegal retrieval?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:23:25 PM by jackelope »

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »
So I guess the two of you will not be friends any time soon.  If you see one broken down on the side of the road either of you will keep driving.  Too bad... 
275 down 2

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »
sorry to hear about your ordeal with that ------ bag! Sucks about your buck!

I have a question.. why wasn't this guy ticketed last year for trespass hunting and illegal retrieval?
He said that his property wasn't posted so it would have been hard to convict.  He was the new guy in the neighborhood and wanted to see how things went the first year or something like that so he didn't post it.  The guy was obviously trespassing but the only thing that they could prove for sure was no hunter orange so that is what they did the ticket for.  He says his property is now posted well.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 10:03:09 PM »
Doesn't matter in the state of WA.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:38:07 AM by huntnnw »

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 07:11:32 AM »
I think it is tougher to get a conviction if it's not posted.  I know it is already tough to get a conviction for wildlife crimes even with an open and shut case.  The ticket for no hunter orange was a no brainer and an easy way to send a message that they were in the wrong.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2016, 07:23:18 AM »
I think it is tougher to get a conviction if it's not posted.
:yeah:

Many prosecutors do not like to prosecute trespass cases if the land is not posted. If it were up to prosecutors, the law would require posting.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »
Well, the law actually says it's only considered trespassing if the land is fenced, posted, or cultivated.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:58:17 AM by bobcat »

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 07:44:06 AM »
Well, the law actually says it's only considered trespassing if the land is fenced, posted, or cultivated.

This.  We've beat this to death on this forum.  Unless it's changed in the last year, I read the RCW and Bobcat is accurate.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:06:33 AM by Timberstalker »
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Here's the RCW:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.52.010
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:43:46 AM by Bob33 »
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »
I think it is tougher to get a conviction if it's not posted.  I know it is already tough to get a conviction for wildlife crimes even with an open and shut case.  The ticket for no hunter orange was a no brainer and an easy way to send a message that they were in the wrong.

The no orange should have been easy to beat in court though, if they are just basing it on that trail cam pic.  That pic was taken after he was done hunting thus no orange is required.  Maybe his hunter orange vest is crammed in a pocket.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »
Number one, I think everyone knows that he didn't have permission from the new land owner to be there.  He may have said that he had permission from the old land owner, who knows.  For some reason the officer didn't write him up for trespassing.  There could be a lot of reasons for that.  The officer onsite needed to do something to appease the landowner that felt wronged by the trespassing and charged the trespasser with not wearing hunter orange.  My guess is he felt that there was enough evidence to charge and make the charges stick on the hunter orange.

Of course all of this is speculation, none of us were there.

Offline Doublelunger

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »
:jacked: :jacked: :jacked:
Maybe start another thread to discuss Chris Anderson.

Just my  :twocents:

Thread stil discussing a person on cam.  Still on topic.  Go find another cause.
Far from the original intent of this thread.  You want to call someone out by all means go right ahead, but start your own thread for it instead of ruining this one for the rest of us.  :twocents:

I'm confused...didnt he start this thread???

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2016, 08:27:06 AM »
Number one, I think everyone knows that he didn't have permission from the new land owner to be there.  He may have said that he had permission from the old land owner, who knows.  For some reason the officer didn't write him up for trespassing.  There could be a lot of reasons for that.  The officer onsite needed to do something to appease the landowner that felt wronged by the trespassing and charged the trespasser with not wearing hunter orange.  My guess is he felt that there was enough evidence to charge and make the charges stick on the hunter orange.

Of course all of this is speculation, none of us were there.
:yeah:

People need to understand that there is what the law says, and then there's what prosecutors want. The law may say you can't do X, but the prosecutor may say "well...is all they did is do X and nothing more??"

I typically patrol a couple counties and I know in each county there are laws that prosecutors will and won't prosecutors. Heck, the Snohomish County Prosecutor has listed on their website which offenses they will not prosecute.

The hunter orange ticket is just that a ticket, trespass is a misdemeanor and not a ticket. Hunter orange is an infraction which is basically between a parking ticket and a traffic ticket on the level of importance or severity.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 08:30:33 AM »
:jacked: :jacked: :jacked:
Maybe start another thread to discuss Chris Anderson.

Just my  :twocents:

Thread stil discussing a person on cam.  Still on topic.  Go find another cause.
Far from the original intent of this thread.  You want to call someone out by all means go right ahead, but start your own thread for it instead of ruining this one for the rest of us.  :twocents:

I'm confused...didnt he start this thread???
Yes this is the thread all of this discussion should have been in.  The thread jack comment was in another thread and got moved to this thread when we edited it all out.  The OP in this thread had started the most recent dialogue in the people on cams thread.  The mods moved it all over to this thread for him to carry on the discussion here rather than keep it in the people on cams thread.

Offline Buckmania

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 08:53:08 AM »
Did you really expect a "bang flop" after arrowing the deer?  Did you really expect this guy to be the bigger man and let you retrieve "your" deer after last year?  You took a known risk and it didn't pan out and the result is a wasted deer.  It's absurd that going into the hunt, you expected permission to retrieve your deer from a known trespasser that doesn't respect others properties.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal