collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Close encounter of the cat kind  (Read 2069 times)

Offline crowinghen

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Close encounter of the cat kind
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
We went to the woods yesterday- beautiful weather- cold, clear  the snow was nice and soft and quiet. we went to the same area that I shot the bobcat last week, a little different set up, but basically the same area, within 100 yards.
 I was sitting on a hill with a nice view of some ridges and a bowl, Dave ( caller) was to my left  in the valley. He does a couple howls, then after 10 minutes or so starts doing a rabbit distress. I can hear something behind me and to the right   of me, but I can't see  to my immediate right because  it's downhill, and I don't see anything on the ridge that I can see. . I am scanning looking for movement, spot an elk straight out ahead of me in a little hidden area. All of a sudden, right in front of me ( I could  have touched it with a short stick) is this bobcat creeping from my right to my left. It turns it's head and looks at me, I try not to make eye contact ( I don't know , maybe if I don't look at it, it won't look at me? ! Lol)  we lock eyes and it is gone! just like that ,  continuing to my left down the hill. I hope Dave can see it, but he doesn't and he starts calling again. After a couple of minutes I see the cat working it's way  straight away from me, . I get my gun up and the scope is fogged! I wipe it off and  get him in focus, but honestly I think I am still flustered by our little " meet and greet" we just had, plus I am a little concerned about the elk that I just saw, I don't want to hit that, so I was a little distracted, to say the least. And I missed him. Then he was gone, just like that.
Dang it! But pretty stoked that Hubby has called in 2 bobcats in two sets-- pretty thrilled  about that! :)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Close encounter of the cat kind
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:17:18 PM »
great experience though!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx