collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Different Bullets  (Read 4674 times)

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Re: Different Bullets
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
Idk biggerhammer, York tested some gamekings for me and even he was impressed.

What does Yorke know??? He's been buried in a mountain of powder, primers, bullets and assorted shooting junk for way too long. :tup: Seriously, you have to question the mental stability of a guy that builds a .338-.408 Cheytac handgun.

He does seem to have Yosemite Sam syndrome...

I can understand guys that have "Issues" when it comes to firearms.🎯

While most people were eating lunch today, I was working out details and ordering a reamer for a .22 Nosler necked up to 6mm for a AR project.🙃

How did I get drug into this??? :chuckle: Don't be jealous just because you didn't build the CT pistol first; you know you want one.

And I think I beat you to the 6mm project too while working with Gunsmith-X/McFiddlesticks like a year ago. You're just cheating and using the readily available 22 nosler case instead of forming it form an obscure European case. Fine, do it the easy way if you want. Maybe I'll just build a 6mm Dasher using the last of the ARP .473" bolts and extensions and run circles around your little 6mm.

Back on topic, I imagine that the 250 Accubond will drop more than the Sierra. Sierra is pretty darn close on their posted BCs, Nosler not so much.

I thought Dirk hung it up and moved to Fla to pursue a professional shuffleboard career?

Said something about all the single hoochi mama's needing love and that guns just weren't all that challenging anymore...

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »
I thought Dirk hung it up and moved to Fla to pursue a professional shuffleboard career?

Said something about all the single hoochi mama's needing love and that guns just weren't all that challenging anymore...

I thought he was focusing on his long term goal of becoming internet famous and a master level small engine repair technician? I'll have to ask him.

Offline Jolten

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 06:51:20 PM »
Idk biggerhammer, York tested some gamekings for me and even he was impressed.

What does Yorke know??? He's been buried in a mountain of powder, primers, bullets and assorted shooting junk for way too long. :tup: Seriously, you have to question the mental stability of a guy that builds a .338-.408 Cheytac handgun.

He does seem to have Yosemite Sam syndrome...

I can understand guys that have "Issues" when it comes to firearms.🎯

While most people were eating lunch today, I was working out details and ordering a reamer for a .22 Nosler necked up to 6mm for a AR project.🙃

How did I get drug into this??? :chuckle: Don't be jealous just because you didn't build the CT pistol first; you know you want one.

And I think I beat you to the 6mm project too while working with Gunsmith-X/McFiddlesticks like a year ago. You're just cheating and using the readily available 22 nosler case instead of forming it form an obscure European case. Fine, do it the easy way if you want. Maybe I'll just build a 6mm Dasher using the last of the ARP .473" bolts and extensions and run circles around your little 6mm.

Back on topic, I imagine that the 250 Accubond will drop more than the Sierra. Sierra is pretty darn close on their posted BCs, Nosler not so much.

Idk... I've shot .50s.... But that CT instantly made me think maybe my balls weren't as big as I thought.  :dunno:

Between York and Biggerhammer. And occasionally Sharkbait... I feel like I need to build a poor man's custom off a savage Axis action
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
Hoochies and Firearms go great together.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »
"Maybe I'll just build a 6mm Dasher using the last of the ARP .473" bolts and extensions and run circles around your little 6mm".

Now that stung a little..

I talked to Compas Lake Engineering about building me a AR barrel in 6mm Dasher from a Bartlien blank with that extension and bolt. They were sniveling about how unsafe it was. I told them who cares your not the one pulling the trigger. Still looking for someone that would spin it up for me.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:06:14 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

Idk... I've shot .50s.... But that CT instantly made me think maybe my balls weren't as big as I thought.  :dunno:

Between York and Biggerhammer. And occasionally Sharkbait... I feel like I need to build a poor man's custom off a savage Axis action

It's a great example of why because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. :tup: A Savage action will get you into some pretty fun calibers if you think out side the box. I think I have 375 BME reamer floating around somewhere still......

"Maybe I'll just build a 6mm Dasher using the last of the ARP .473" bolts and extensions and run circles around your little 6mm".

Did I go to far? :chuckle:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »

It's a great example of why because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. :tup: A Savage action will get you into some pretty fun calibers if you think out side the box. I think I have 375 BME reamer floating around somewhere still......

Did I go to far? :chuckle:

I've been contemplating floating that "Floating around" .375 BME reamer to my gunsmith.

Offline Jolten

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
Hmm I doubt I'd want a super magnum. T-Rex tags seem to be in short supply.

I was pondering doing something in a 6.5 or 7mm. I haven't seen any 9mm rifles so not sure on their practicality
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »
Hoochies and Firearms go great together.

Actually I think he meant  toothless cougars.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]